DJI FPV Manual Mode - Most Won't Need It!
5837 23 2021-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

The new DJI FPV quad has a 'Manual' mode which enables full acro and a genuine FPV experience but consumers feel pressured to venture into this exciting mode long before they're ready, they end up smashing up their expensive purchase unnecessarily when actually they could achieve similar flying, satsifaction and creative video end-goals in the basic 'Normal' and 'Sports' mode.
This drone is very hard to crash in 'Normal' and 'Sports' mode, infact almost impossible unless the consumer really doesn't have a clue about drones, so if you're a nervous or inexperienced drone operator, avoid 'Manual' mode and stick with the basic first two modes.

2021-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sergeant. Good day and thank you for posting this video you have found. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.  
2021-3-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can apply limits in manual mode to avoid crashing,  there is also a panic button that will pause and hover the drone.
2021-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well done!
2021-3-31
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466752 ft
Chile

Most won't need it? that's wrong! Almost every Youtuber have no idea about what is talking and can't fly properly. The manual mode is even easier and safer to fly because it is more agile. 'Normal' and 'Sports' mode is like self-driving cars, absolutely unnecessary, so long you not want sleep while driving!
2021-3-31
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Arminius Posted at 3-31 04:51
Most won't need it? that's wrong! Almost every Youtuber have no idea about what is talking and can't fly properly. The manual mode is even easier and safer to fly because it is more agile. 'Normal' and 'Sports' mode is like self-driving cars, absolutely unnecessary, so long you not want sleep while driving!

That might be your view, but it's not really at all accurate nor realistic. Manual mode requires the ability to fly without assists, so then consider that this drone is targeted at Mavic operators who don't fly FPV - it's not easy for them.

I've seen numerous Mavic operators trying to fly FPV in a simulator and they struggle severely.
2021-3-31
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466752 ft
Chile

if a driver can only drive a car with much help, then it would be better if this driver does not drive Sports cars. Anyone who can't fly a mode that requires the ability to fly without assists should not fly.
2021-3-31
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Arminius Posted at 3-31 05:23
if a driver can only drive a car with much help, then it would be better if this driver does not drive Sports cars. Anyone who can't fly a mode that requires the ability to fly without assists should not fly.

Exactly.. this drone shouldn't be advertised for beginners.

Though sport mode is nice, when you just want to relax, and basically fly on the autopilot. It's smoother for capture video too.
2021-3-31
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree with you totally..... Dont use manual mode
2021-3-31
Use props
fans29f39bff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6680 ft
Indonesia

If they don't need manual mode, they should buy an automatic drone. Not a FPV drone.
2021-11-13
Use props
VideoLife_FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5295545 ft
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 2021-3-29 23:22
You can apply limits in manual mode to avoid crashing,  there is also a panic button that will pause and hover the drone.

Could you please elaborate on this? "You can apply limits in manual mode to avoid crashing"
2022-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VideoLife_FPV Posted at 7-19 11:50
Could you please elaborate on this? "You can apply limits in manual mode to avoid crashing"

There are three flight modes , "N (Normal)" mode, which allows self-leveling flight like previous DJI drones, and two "M (Manual)" mode, which is unique to FPV drones. In N mode, even a 4-year-old girl can fly (dronedj) with stability. On the other hand, there are two types of M mode, the "M Mode Attitude Limit" mode (so-called Angle mode ), which limits the attitude, and the mode equivalent to so-called Acro mode , which allows you to take a free attitude, which becomes effective by canceling the restriction.
2022-7-20
Use props
VideoLife_FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5295545 ft
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 7-20 00:48
There are three flight modes , "N (Normal)" mode, which allows self-leveling flight like previous DJI drones, and two "M (Manual)" mode, which is unique to FPV drones. In N mode, even a 4-year-old girl can fly (dronedj) with stability. On the other hand, there are two types of M mode, the "M Mode Attitude Limit" mode (so-called Angle mode ), which limits the attitude, and the mode equivalent to so-called Acro mode , which allows you to take a free attitude, which becomes effective by canceling the restriction.

I'll try M Mode Attitude Limit... thanks bro
2022-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VideoLife_FPV Posted at 7-20 11:36
I'll try M Mode Attitude Limit... thanks bro

No worries.  
2022-7-21
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1240538 ft
Ireland

I agree. I am considering spring loading the stick again  and fly in Sport mode. I see experienced users (some are top tier racers) on youtube and they say they crash their FPV "on a daily basis" and that it is "part of the process". Well, I can't afford to crash: I don't want my drone to end up in somebody's garden or worse, in their house or cars. Unless you have a private  huge field to train, there is no point. Another reason is that FPV is only allowed if you have a spotter and I'd be inclined to fly VLOS with my DJI FPV just so I don't have to find a spotter. VLOS in Manual mode would be insane!
2022-7-22
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Ireland

fans29f39bff Posted at 2021-11-13 05:16
If they don't need manual mode, they should buy an automatic drone. Not a FPV drone.

Why is that? FPV means First Person Viewer, it doesn't mean acro mode. I very much enjoy my DJI FPV in sport mode.
2022-7-22
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

A thread about the manual mode for this drone? Seriously?

Manual mode is the most interesting and fun mode.
I only use normal mode few seconds for takeoff and landing.
Flying this drone in manual mode is pure enjoyment and only way to achieve unique shots.

I understand your need, you would like to have goggles compatible with a mavic drone because you don't like to fly in manual mode and so DJI FPV doesn't fit you. Go to mavic forums and make a request to DJI to implement this feature but do not touch the only intersting mode mode of this drone.

Otherwise, train on a simulator to master the manual mode, you will finally abandon the other modes.
2022-7-23
Use props
HighlandAirhead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615361 ft
United Kingdom

jfbond Posted at 7-22 07:46
Why is that? FPV means First Person Viewer, it doesn't mean acro mode. I very much enjoy my DJI FPV in sport mode.

Totally agree, its the closest feeling to flying and it is amazing!
2022-7-24
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

HighlandAirhead Posted at 7-24 05:57
Totally agree, its the closest feeling to flying and it is amazing!

BASE jumping with wingsuits is the closest feeling to flying.

And for the FPV drone, the feeling between Normal/Sport or Manual is completely different, completely! The adrenaline, the speed and the way of piloting make Manual mode something unique. But without hours in the simulator the crash is guaranteed to happen.
2022-7-24
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Ireland

FlyLow Posted at 7-24 09:13
BASE jumping with wingsuits is the closest feeling to flying.

And for the FPV drone, the feeling between Normal/Sport or Manual is completely different, completely! The adrenaline, the speed and the way of piloting make Manual mode something unique. But without hours in the simulator the crash is guaranteed to happen.

I agree with you and M mode is the business however I would argue that EVEN with many hours on the simulator you are going down : I have watched yt videos of world class drone pilots and they crash.  

one of the absolute gods on yt (he can fly VLOS in the most brutal way):

And I do not want to crash. I don't have a football pitch surrounded by forests to myself nor do most people.

On a side note, I suffer from fear of heights and I find flying my DJI FPV helpful in this regard.
2022-7-24
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Many pilots do loopings for YT videos, but they are overconfident, and forget or do not know how to briefly reduce the speed of the propellers when the drone is flipped and thus crash into the obstacle that comes suddenly below them.

I do not perform loopings; I fly my drone in nature, in windy mountains. I happened to crash, even hard, on a rock because of sudden wind gusts, but this would happen even more often in Normal/Sport mode. In Manual I can control the craft better, I can almost turn off the propellers if necessary to get out of strong winds.
2022-7-24
Use props
Marcos Donoso
New

Chile

I’m looking to buy a drone myself, my first one, I’ve been doing a lot of simulation but I really want to know which drones have the Manual mode available. Not sure if the mini pro has it, or only the FPV and AVATA… thanks!
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Marcos Donoso Posted at 8-1 15:10
I’m looking to buy a drone myself, my first one, I’ve been doing a lot of simulation but I really want to know which drones have the Manual mode available. Not sure if the mini pro has it, or only the FPV and AVATA… thanks!

Hello there, Marcos. Thank you for reaching out. The Mini 3 Pro does not have a Manual mode but it has Sports mode which the responses are optimized for agility and speed making it more responsive to control stick movements. In this mode, obstacle sensing is disabled and the maximum flight speed is 16m/s. You can refer to the Mini 3 Pro User Manual to check on the other flight modes and features. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-1
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Marcos Donoso Posted at 8-1 15:10
I’m looking to buy a drone myself, my first one, I’ve been doing a lot of simulation but I really want to know which drones have the Manual mode available. Not sure if the mini pro has it, or only the FPV and AVATA… thanks!

Only the Avata and the FPV drone have manual.
What kind of flying do you want to do? That will tell you which drone you should get.
2023-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules