Mavic Air 1, discontinued batteries
9789 27 2021-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Al1976
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14993 ft
Spain

It is impossible to find a new battery for my drone, Mavic Air 1. I have visited all the physical stores in my country (Spain)and on the Internet and the product is out of stock.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-intelligent-flight-battery
I can not request a Stock reminder because it is NOT AVAILABLE IN MY COUNTRY!
The Ebay price is a bad joke 180 Euros and I am not sure it is a scam.

I am really disappointed with DJI.

I made a great effort to get the money to buy the drone but I can't use it because they don't sell batteries anymore. DJI should give us some option like compatible batteries.

2021-3-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are available from other vendors in the USA, but they cannot ship just the sole lithium battery internationally. Perhaps you could ship them your drone and then they could ship the battery to you inside the drone?
2021-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Al1976. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try checking our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the said DJI Mavic Air intelligent flight batteries that you need are  available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry as well. Thank you.
2021-3-29
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

On Aliexpress for $ 116. https://aliexpress.ru/item/40006 ... b_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
2021-3-29
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

You can still buy it on Alie ... but the price is 40% higher than the standard one. These are probably old stocks, and will they be new ... I doubt?
DJI does not care about those who bought drones, but only about new buyers.
2021-3-30
Use props
Al1976
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14993 ft
Spain

vg1 Posted at 3-30 11:30
You can still buy it on Alie ... but the price is 40% higher than the standard one. These are probably old stocks, and will they be new ... I doubt?
DJI does not care about those who bought drones, but only about new buyers.

Totally agree.

Reviewed one by one, no more stock (SPAIN):  https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
Aliexpress, I found a reference (104 Euros) but it is a risk. I could be waiting a month and the product be defective. This is not the first time.

So my passion for drones will have to wait until I have the money to buy a new one. You can be sure of this, my next drone will NOT be DJI.  

Thank you.
2021-3-31
Use props
fans063618eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 502267 ft
Greece

Totally aggre with previously comments. It is hard to find a dji battery for mavic air in whole Europe. I am from Greece and 3 months now I can't find anything. It is a same that a 3 years old drone has been discontinued by dji. I will try to sell mine and i will look to buy from another company with better after sales policy.
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_wjW9JKadHkgF
New

United Kingdom

Al1976 Posted at 3-31 11:36
Totally agree.

Reviewed one by one, no more stock (SPAIN):  https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Agreed. DJI are a total disgrace.
My next drone will not be DJI too ☹️
2021-9-15
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Here in Brazil there is one guy recycling old Mavic Air (1) batteires with Mavic Air (2) battery cells. It even increases the flight time to 23 min - I have two of those batteries.
2021-9-16
Use props
MavicAir3
lvl.1
Australia

I'm in Sydney Australia, I have unfortunately lost my dear Mavic Air Drone today, , attacked by a Bird Of Prey, Hawk, Kite or similar and down it went into the Ocean.

AH well that's life, so I am open to offers for Mavic Air 1 Controller, 3 x Mavic Air 1 Batteries, Batteries Charger that charges 4 batteries at the same time, 2 sets of propellers, 2 Controller Sticks
and the case that holds the lot minus the Drone itself which sadly is somewhere in the ocean
2021-10-26
Use props
MavicAir3
lvl.1
Australia

I missed giving my contact details, my name is Wilf and my mobile Number in Sydney is +61433884443 for TEXT MESSAGEs ONLY, conversations can be misunderstood. Thanks
2021-10-26
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63507 ft
Belgium

Very true, i’m happy i found a second hand battery. A real shame to stop making batteries for a 3 year old model drone
2021-10-29
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Air1 batteries available on Aliexpress...
LINK
The price of 200% of the previous one
2021-10-30
Use props
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

That's a bummer that you can't buy batteries for the Mavic Air without paying an arm an a leg. My batteries seem to be holding up & I have one that has never been activated. I'd like to have an Air 2 or Air 2S but just can't justify the cost.
2021-10-30
Use props
nirajp
lvl.1

India

I lost my battery and now can't fly anymore!!
It's unbelievable that a company like DJI just doesn't care about old drones / customers!
They stopped producing batteries for a drone that is not even 4 years old yet!! It's ridiculous!
Have called every DJI outlet in India and Singapore and no one seems to have the battery available!!
2021-11-10
Use props
fansb5231173
New

Cyprus

I have exactly the same problem!! I have bought DJI from the start.. from a Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 and then a Mavic Air 1. Also can’t find batteries anywhere. What a joke and now DJI expects their customers to continue upgrading at these insane prices? Perhaps it’s time to look at other brands?
2021-11-16
Use props
fansb5231173
New

Cyprus

I have exactly the same problem!! I have bought DJI from the start.. from a Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 and then a Mavic Air 1. Also can’t find batteries anywhere. What a joke and now DJI expects their customers to continue upgrading at these insane prices? Perhaps it’s time to look at other brands?
2021-11-16
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Busco baterías para el air 1 , alguien ya las consiguió??

Saludos
2021-11-18
Use props
fansb5231173
New

Cyprus

fans063618eb Posted at 3-31 12:55
Totally aggre with previously comments. It is hard to find a dji battery for mavic air in whole Europe. I am from Greece and 3 months now I can't find anything. It is a same that a 3 years old drone has been discontinued by dji. I will try to sell mine and i will look to buy from another company with better after sales policy.

Yup, I’m in Cyprus..same problem here. Also went to UK and found but the suppliers donor respond to emails or requests to purchase. Hey DJI… cv can we then trade in our Mavic Air 1 for a two for free then
2021-11-18
Use props
asommerarvideo.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23136 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 3-29 14:35
They are available from other vendors in the USA, but they cannot ship just the sole lithium battery internationally. Perhaps you could ship them your drone and then they could ship the battery to you inside the drone?

I ordered two "New" stock batteries from an on line store in USA and both arrived DEAD! They had been sitting for years unsold. I finally contacted DJI directly in China and they allow me to buy directly from them. Hopefully they will arrive in good condition.
2021-12-13
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

asommerarvideo.com Posted at 12-13 06:28
I ordered two "New" stock batteries from an on line store in USA and both arrived DEAD! They had been sitting for years unsold. I finally contacted DJI directly in China and they allow me to buy directly from them. Hopefully they will arrive in good condition.

con quien te comunicaste ? cual es dji China ? muchas gracias
2021-12-16
Use props
djiuser_uhHeVjdl2wpf
New

Italy

MavicAir3 Posted at 10-26 22:20
I'm in Sydney Australia, I have unfortunately lost my dear Mavic Air Drone today, , attacked by a Bird Of Prey, Hawk, Kite or similar and down it went into the Ocean.

AH well that's life, so I am open to offers for Mavic Air 1 Controller, 3 x Mavic Air 1 Batteries, Batteries Charger that charges 4 batteries at the same time, 2 sets of propellers, 2 Controller Sticks

I’m interested for remote controller
2021-12-18
Use props
fans3aa35bf0
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-3-29 20:09
Hello there Al1976. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try checking our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the said DJI Mavic Air intelligent flight batteries that you need are  available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry as well. Thank you.

Hi
It’s totally insane to discontinue batteries for drones that still have a life span.

I think it the worst DJI can do. You have customers who have bought relatively expensive drones and after a few years you discontinue the most important spare part, that will definitely make angry customers and customers that will never buy a DJI product again.

I most say I am disappointed.  

This will definitely make a bad image for DJI.  

Best regards
Henrik
2022-3-12
Use props
djiuser_vrgZF8cLgUdz
New

Finland

No more Drone from DJI!
2022-3-27
Use props
Gerard Farreacute
New

Spain

Hi from Spain, another mavic air with dead batteries here.......   its a shame that my 3yo  1000$ dron is like a stone to hold desk papers...
2022-4-25
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

You might not want to buy any drones made in China. Buy any drone made in America
2022-4-26
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18389 ft
Belgium

Well, since I am in the same situation, well slightly different, two out of three batteries are dead after a few months of not flying, which is WEIRD, but getting new batteries is impossible. God damnit, I wish I had just flown with them every now and then. What can I do with a single battery with a fly time of perhaps fifteen minutes if I push to thirty percent or lower!?
2022-5-8
Use props
tohidshabanloo
New

Canada

Same problem here, my first Dji Mavic Air i bougth in 2018 and after making lots of beautiful videos i lost it in Germany and never found it, when i went to Iran (the country that i live) i bought another one so i have 5 batteries now! after not use them for 1 and half year i realized the battries are damaged , 1 of them not turning on at all and the others became not healthy i guess, it's hard to define and do the flight test.

so i don't know what should i do, the main problem is I'm living in Iran and as you know because of sabctions there is no real Dji store and no delivery here so i think i'm in the worst situation compare with you guys)  anyway there is a company here which they told me to bring them the baattries to check and fix them. i think it must be some ways to fix, you can contact me through my website if you need to contact

WWW.TOHIDSH.COM
2022-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules