12050 14 2021-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexGK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232264 ft
Ukraine

Hi
I bought DJI FPV combo which includes Goggles V2. But in addition to using these goggles with the drone, I'd like to use them with compatible devices (air unit, vista).
As far as I understand, this use case is supported and can be achieved by switching the goggles to another mode and binding with a compatible device.
But "Switch to dji digital fpv system" option is missing in "About" menu of my goggles.
Here is some additional information that may help the support:
- The goggles are activated and have the latest firmware (v01.01.0000)
- I can succesfully use them with the drone from the combo
- DJI Assistant 2 (FPV) doesn't show any available upgrades for the firmware
- I'm in Ukraine, so the drone works in CE mode
2021-3-30
Use props
joeztan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5660620 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi AlexGK,

I have the exact same equipment as you and the option should be the last option on the "About" menu.

2021-3-30
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Ukraine

I know that many people have this option in the "About", as mentioned in the above post. And I'm really glad for those people.
But in my case it's missing, so I'd appreciate any useful feedback on this matter:
- from DJI support, with instructions on how to activate this menu option
- from people who didn't have this menu option, but were able to activate it
- from people who know how to activate it

2021-3-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The option is the one after ‘Reset All’ alternatively when you open the About list, scroll up instead of having to scroll all the way to the bottom.

You don’t need to activate the option it is part of the system software.
2021-3-30
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Ukraine

Buzzyone Posted at 3-30 03:41
The option is the one after ‘Reset All’ alternatively when you open the About list, scroll up instead of having to scroll all the way to the bottom.

You don’t need to activate the option it is part of the system software.

I don't have this option after "Reset All".
So, when I open "About" and scroll up, the active option is "Reset All".
2021-3-30
Use props
Moetop
lvl.1

United States

Same Problem here thiis is all part of the Activation firmware update version Fiasco. DJI just needs to release a version that has that menu item on by default.  Can DJI please provide an ETA on a fix (new firmware or something) for this!
2021-3-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlexGK Posted at 3-30 03:45
I don't have this option after "Reset All".
So, when I open "About" and scroll up, the active option is "Reset All".

Try connecting to assistant 2 and refresh the current firmware.

After that it’s going to be over to DJI I’m afraid.
2021-3-30
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Ukraine

I'm curious to hear an opinion from DJI support.
I spent $1.3k for the combo, so expect at least to hear an answer to my question.
2021-3-31
Use props
Paul T.
lvl.1
Russia

I finally discovered working solution to get the ability to switch the goggles v2 to FPV mode.
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.
Couldn't even activate it without the drone. Tried everything - still no option.

What I did to get it back:
1. Connected the goggles to PC, DJI Assistant 2 FPV DJI (logged in with my own account, not DJI_aftersales). (goggles still not activated, no switch option)
2. Updated firmware to the latest 01.01.0000 (for today).
3. Unpluged it and connect to DJI Fly mobile app (logged in with my own account), goggles icon appears on the right bottom corner.
4. Started the FPV drone (friend's one) and bound it to my goggles. Activate process started and done successfully (there was some network errors, but finally got through after 10-15 tries).
5. Connected the goggles (activated and bounded to the drone) to PC again, and unlocked the drone following the steps on https://b3yond.d3vl.com/ (it's for free).
6. Rebooted the goggles. Done! There is option to switch to FPV.
7. Bought these guys a coffee. They're awesome!

As I understood from the site, this hack sends a command to DJI FPV Drone that changes its region to US, unlocking full radio power on the drone (from 25mw to 1400mw).
That's why people in US don't have this issue with disappeared option to switch to FPV mode.

Long story short, if you have fpv drone, you just have to unlock it on d3vl site.
And if you don't have one, you have to find someone who has, bind his drone to your goggles, activate the goggles and unlock the drone.

But keep in mind, connecting your drone back to DJI Fly App will reset the region on your DJI FPV Drone to its default.

Hope this will help.
2021-4-1
Use props
fansa80c3a72
New

United States

Paul T. Posted at 4-1 06:25
I finally discovered working solution to get the ability to switch the goggles v2 to FPV mode.
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.
Couldn't even activate it without the drone. Tried everything - still no option.

Big catch... have a friend, with a DJI FPV Drone...
2021-4-1
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Ukraine

Paul T. Posted at 4-1 06:25
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.

Thank you Paul!
I had a suspicion that when a combo is activated in some particular countries (including Ukraine), then:
1. It works in CE mode
2. Isn't able to switch to 5.8 GHz

Air Units and Vistas use 5.8 GHz, so they completely disabled this option in the menu.

Last year I had similar situation with Mavic Mini. When I bought it, it was CE + 2.4 GHz only. It was related to some regulatory issues. And after latter were solved, DJI released an update that made it CE + 2.4 / 5.8 GHz.
2021-4-1
Use props
djiuser_k9Aa3AadO3Tt
New

Belgium

Hello,

Let me resume the situation.

A friend who has already the DJI goggles v2 has bought the DJI fpv drone combo ( drone and goggles)

He kept his old goggles and sold me the goggles  provided with the combox box.

I tried to activate the goggles but i don't have the option in DJI assisant 2.

As I was unable to activate these goggles, i downgraded the frimware to v00.05.1086 but i can' t see the option "switch to fpv goggle system.

Somebody has a solution to activate the goggles ?
2021-7-9
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1313871 ft
Poland

AlexGK Posted at 4-1 23:52
Thank you Paul!
I had a suspicion that when a combo is activated in some particular countries (including Ukraine), then:
1. It works in CE mode

Alex, try to use B3yond solution it will let the drone to think it's in US. This should help.
BTW: in CE mode the DJI FPV Drone is restricted to 25mw in the 5.8 ghz band, but it still works in 5.8ghz.

2021-7-9
Use props
Bufo
New

United States

Thank you Paul T.! I started following your instructions and found the menu item showed up as soon as I installed DJI assistant 2 and plugged my goggles into my computer. I didn't do anything in the software - somehow connecting to the software was enough for the menu item to show up. Once I plugged the usb cable in I checked the menu again and there it was!
2021-12-15
Use props
Bufo
New

United States

Thank you Paul T.! I started following your instructions and found the menu item showed up as soon as I installed DJI assistant 2 and plugged my goggles into my computer. I didn't do anything in the software - somehow connecting to the software was enough for the menu item to show up. Once I plugged the usb cable in I checked the menu again and there it was!
2021-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules