Sensor system error/GPS Error HELP!
9980 18 2021-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36860 ft
Australia

Anyone had the error System sensor error and GPS error come up?
turn my drone on today to go for a fly and it just has that come up.

It will not fly.

I removed the shell to check if it was my new paint job and nothing is disconnected and it still gives me the same errors with the shell off.
I reset the system through the goggles and still same error.

2021-3-30
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Software refresh using DJI Assistent 2 (FPV)...?
2021-3-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ApoIIo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI FPV to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2021-3-30
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-30 19:19
Hello there ApoIIo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI FPV to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.

G'day DJI Stephen.

I used DJI assistant and reloaded all firmware to the drone, goggles, RC.
Recalibrated compass and IMU
factory reset
No change.

I found forum posts with people stating the same issue, some had removed cases and replaced with the green one and others had not replaced anything. they all did the same steps as me with no success.
I returned the drone to the shop i bought it from today as i also had other issues with my goggles having dead pixels and my Goggles battery buzzing very loud and running out of power very quickly.
the full FPV fly combo was replaced under warranty.

I very much hope i get a better experience out of this replacement drone combo.

Happy flying

Apollo
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_FOZjefmeMeZg
lvl.4

Greece

Hello there, please help, i cannot post a new thread. I have the same errors. Look at the photos.
I bought my FPV on Saturday. Only have 2 flights. Everything is ok, no crash no nothing.
Yesterday i turned on to check battery level and i got the exact same error, and i returned it to my dealer this morning. Now i am waiting for an RMA!
What is happenning? It's not even a week since i bought it!

2021-3-31
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_FOZjefmeMeZg Posted at 3-31 08:44
Hello there, please help, i cannot post a new thread. I have the same errors. Look at the photos.
I bought my FPV on Saturday. Only have 2 flights. Everything is ok, no crash no nothing.
Yesterday i turned on to check battery level and i got the exact same error, and i returned it to my dealer this morning. Now i am waiting for an RMA!

Hi mate.
So sorry to see that it has happened to you as well.
It appears that there is a design fault in the FPV drone. quite a few people are experiencing this.
I returned mine to the shop i bought it from and got a warranty exchange.
I really hope DJI figure this one out as it looks quite bad.
there is a thread of others that have had the same issue.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-237875-1-1.html

good luck mate.

Apollo
2021-3-31
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Create a new login on the app outside with GPS lock on the drone.

So power everything on, log out of DJI, create a new account, register the drone ect.

Reset firmware ect
2021-3-31
Use props
fansd607fbae
New
United States

I had the same issue after changing the shell from clear to green.  Have not done anything.  Only flown once.  
2021-4-1
Use props
fansd607fbae
New
United States

Whoreable Posted at 3-31 23:27
Create a new login on the app outside with GPS lock on the drone.

So power everything on, log out of DJI, create a new account, register the drone ect.

So is this the fix to the issue.  I did not do this waiting to see what to do.  Got the error when changing the shell from clear to green
2021-4-1
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Thanks for the reply Apollo. I returned mine to the dealer and now i wait for DJI to approve for a replacement. (waiting is killing me)
I really hope this is just a bad batch and not a design flaw. Or else i hope DJI will officially post a solution or a recall program
2021-4-1
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

Whoreable Posted at 3-31 23:27
Create a new login on the app outside with GPS lock on the drone.

So power everything on, log out of DJI, create a new account, register the drone ect.

I tried this mate. No change.
Thanks for the help though.

Apollo
2021-4-1
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 4-1 12:32
Thanks for the reply Apollo. I returned mine to the dealer and now i wait for DJI to approve for a replacement. (waiting is killing me)
I really hope this is just a bad batch and not a design flaw. Or else i hope DJI will officially post a solution or a recall program

Time will tell mate.

Good luck

Apollo.
2021-4-1
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Any news on this Apollo?
2021-4-2
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

Buster1 Posted at 4-2 03:50
Any news on this Apollo?

Mine was replaced under warranty man.
New one is working well.

Apollo.
2021-4-2
Use props
Riwak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 996506 ft
France

Same here ! Just sended back to my dealer.
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_pKYHzyvNKAAE
New
Flight distance : 75459 ft
United States

I’m having the same issues after less than a month of flying in N and S mode.   I got the GPS error message after turning it on.  I’m bummed.  I know DJI will do the right thing to resolve this.  Any solutions please respond to this message.  Thanks in advance.
2021-4-24
Use props
djiuser_sYlyUkiVgcaV
lvl.1

United States

Adding another one to the pile. Talked to DJI this AM and they said "yea send it back". I got mine from Amazon so it should happen relatively quickly.
Just highly frustrating and worried it'll happen again.

Got the drone 4/5 days ago. Flew 3 times. No water, no crashes, only sport mode.
Changed from the clear cover to the green one (that I painted white), and got this error the next time I powered on.
Tried recalibrating everything I can find to recalibrate. Reinstalled firmware update. Let it sit over night. Triple checked both batteries on the drone were fully charged and all other batteries were charged. Tried with and without a phone tethered to it. Tried switching back to the clear cover. Tried with no cover. Inspected all the internals as best I could.
Nothing changed it.

It DOES look like you could easily dislodge the two small plugs behind the chip with the FPV sticker on it (they're under a sticky foam pad), but I checked those and they were solid. Then tried unplugging them and plugging them back in.

Absolutely seems like a design fault in the drone itself.

The only other thing I did "differently" between it working and not working (Showing "GPS Error" and "Sensor System Error"), was do a few training courses on their Virtual Flight app (which also required adjusting the control stick).
Can anyone else chime in with whether or not they've had this happen after FPV training? I doubt it's related, but can't hurt to take a roll-call.
Replacing the clear cover with a painted one though seems to be the most common denominator.

I should have my new one on Wednesday (May 12, 2021). I plan on testing it out, then immediately swapping the covers to see if that reproduces the same issue. I'll try to remember to report back.

2021-5-4
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

djiuser_sYlyUkiVgcaV Posted at 5-4 20:04
Adding another one to the pile. Talked to DJI this AM and they said "yea send it back". I got mine from Amazon so it should happen relatively quickly.
Just highly frustrating and worried it'll happen again.

IMO it is related to changing the shell.
There are connections that are very weak and way to easily unattached.
DJI replaced mine after many emails .....
2021-6-19
Use props
Salva6
New
Flight distance : 67789 ft
Mexico

ApoIIo Posted at 2021-4-2 17:13
Mine was replaced under warranty man.
New one is working well.

Since they gave you the new one, did you change the case for the green one and did not present the error again?
2022-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules