Black screen 2 times today on one flight on Dji Fly v1. 30
714 11 2021-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

Damn i got scared! Black screen 2 times today on one flight on Dji Fly v1. 30. Latest firmware. After few seconds screen lighted up and app did go to startup screen.

What to do!? At wrong point that could end up massive accident.

Phone is OnePlus 8 with latest updates.
2021-3-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NordicFinn. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 8 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 8 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-3-30
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-30 20:00
Hello there NordicFinn. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 8 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 8 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.

Ty for reply.

Yea, i have two different devices what i use. And i have been using this OP8 allso time to time. This is first time it occured with this 1.30 app ver. Havent been noticed on other device.

How come its possible that OP8 isn't on the accepted phone list? It's over year old highend phone, with android 11.
2021-3-31
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

Have anyone else thumbled things like this??
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

NordicFinn Posted at 3-31 02:40
Ty for reply.

Yea, i have two different devices what i use. And i have been using this OP8 allso time to time. This is first time it occured with this 1.30 app ver. Havent been noticed on other device.

Hi there NordicFinn. Thank you for the reply and for these information.  As of the moment we do not have any information when will the OnePlus 8 be compatible with the DJI Fly application and with the DJI Mavic Air 2 but rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2021-4-1
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

I have exactly the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy A71.  It happens at a seemingly random time during a flight, but not every flight.  Sometimes can happen a very short time after take-off.  I've tried putting the A71 into Airplane Mode to see if it was something arriving that was causing it, but still happens.  It's becoming an annoying problem, so far the app always just restarts after a few seconds, but needs fixed.  Afraid I'm not in a position to buy another device just to fly the Mini 2 with.
2021-4-2
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

manxphoto Posted at 4-2 04:30
I have exactly the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy A71.  It happens at a seemingly random time during a flight, but not every flight.  Sometimes can happen a very short time after take-off.  I've tried putting the A71 into Airplane Mode to see if it was something arriving that was causing it, but still happens.  It's becoming an annoying problem, so far the app always just restarts after a few seconds, but needs fixed.  Afraid I'm not in a position to buy another device just to fly the Mini 2 with.

Try to change the rules for Battery Energy (from the phone) for the DJI fly app.
Set the DJI fly app, always on, (from the phone).
Maybe this will help
2021-4-2
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

S.T. Posted at 4-2 11:38
Try to change the rules for Battery Energy (from the phone) for the DJI fly app.
Set the DJI fly app, always on, (from the phone).
Maybe this will help

Thank you, I've added DJI Fly to 'never sleeping apps' so will see if this makes a difference.  Trouble is, the apparent shutdown doesn't always happen and it's at seemingly random times.
2021-4-7
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

manxphoto Posted at 4-7 00:34
Thank you, I've added DJI Fly to 'never sleeping apps' so will see if this makes a difference.  Trouble is, the apparent shutdown doesn't always happen and it's at seemingly random times.

Also see these :

& https://9to5google.com/2021/03/23/android-apps-crashing-webview/

Something very strange happened on my last flight.
The drone is 5 meters above me and 3 meters away.
Suddenly I lost my camera view and on my phone I saw the home screen of the DJI FLY application.
I pressed Go fly to return the camera option.
It happened 3 times !!! continuously.
For this reason I proceeded to the above solutions, I turned off the Android System Web.
we will see how it goes on the next flights

Samsung 10+ Note & Dji Fly 1.30
2021-4-7
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

And know it occured once on Huawei P20 allso.
2021-4-15
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

S.T. Posted at 4-2 11:38
Set the DJI fly app, always on, (from the phone).
Maybe this will help

I have done this on both devices.
2021-4-15
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

Lets see how this goes with 1.40.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2021-4-15
Use props