Massive Issue!! Smart Controller Screen Blanked Out Mid Flight.
2166 4 2021-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyhighguySA
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi guys

I'm hoping someone could help me out here. I'm having an issue that i cant find any solution to online or with DJI themselves.

I have a Mavic 2 pro with smart controller that was bought in November 2020. what happened yesterday mid-flight, the screen just suddenly went black. I was still able to fly the drone back, but was doing it blind. All day yesterday and today I have been trying to get it to turn back on or access it via my PC. All efforts have been in vain.

I'll start with the problem and what i'm experiencing. I am able to start the RC up as normal, in that the LED lights will light up on the battery level indicator. there will also be the standard quick vibrate and a red light to indicate its not connected to a drone.
when i turn the drone on it will connect because the red light goes green. if i hold down the return home button (whether connected to the drone or not) it will make the usual sound it does when the drone returns home. All the while the screen is still black. I have however just noticed that screen itself does actually light up (almost like a backlight), but still no form other than that. no startup screen, no DJI logos, no nothing. This all happened very suddenly. when it comes to shutting the SC down, i have to hold the power button for around 10 seconds before it powers off. it vibrates the entire time which i never experienced before.

I have tried talking to DJI Support but they need serial numbers and proof of purchase from me. I left the UK for a year of travelling and didnt really think i would be needing the original boxes and receipts on my travels. The only other way to get the serial numbers is to access them in the SC themselves, but my screen doesnt work...

This leads me to my next issue. I have been trying like hell to connect my SC to my laptop, but it doesnt work. It comes up as unknown device with a yellow exclamation in device manager, but thats it. i cant get it to come up in Assistant 2. that seems to be a common problem, even though the drone connects up just fine. i have tried different cables, reinstalling Assistant a few times, trying to connect to my tablet etc. it just seems that without being able to go into the SC normally and change settings, that I wont be able to do anything.

Is there anyone who has experienced this? anyone who can give me some idea as to where to start or what it could be? I need to access the remote so i can get my serial numbers in hopes of putting in a warranty claim. I was also hoping that maybe its a firmware issue that I could upgrade from my laptop?

Hope this paints a clear picture of the situ. hopefully someone can help

cheers
2021-3-30
Use props
SteveE801
lvl.1
Flight distance : 967720 ft
United States

I've found that you have to follow the SC update via Assistant 2 carefully. i.e. Connect to USB with unit off and before starting assistant 2. Power SC on then start A2. I have had to re-load A2 more than once...
2021-4-14
Use props
The Nigerian
lvl.1
Nigeria

Hi,
I am experiencing exactly the same issue with my smart controller, this has been frustrating.
Please kindly share an update regarding the current state of things with your controller.

I am really in need of a solution!
2022-10-13
Use props
flyhighguySA
lvl.1
South Africa

Howsit.
So after sending it to a few places with no success, I had to send it to DJI in China. I can't remember exactly what it was, but something like a video chip or media chip needed replacing. Unfortunately DJI don't sell parts to vendors or repairers so there was no other option.
2022-10-13
Use props
fans5f9b7887
lvl.1

Ireland

Mavic Air 2 flying at 45 feet, bright sunshine/Smart Controller suddenly goes blank with the words No Transmission.  Pressed screen, no return, Pressed return button, Screen returned. No further issues.
2022-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules