Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced Firmware Released (31/03/2021)
8101 27 2021-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.03.31
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0200
  • Smart Controller Firmware: v01.01.0012
  • DJI Pilot App: v2.3.1.5
  • DJI Assistant 2: v2.1.0

What’s New?
  • Fixed issue: some data in DJI Pilot was displayed abnormally.

Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft and smart controller after the update is complete.
  • If the update fails, restart the aircraft, smart controller, and DJI Pilot or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.
2021-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 3-31 00:37
Thanks for the info!

Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and if you have any inquiries with the new DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced Firmware. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to assist you. Thank you.
2021-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-31 00:58
Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and if you have any inquiries with the new DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced Firmware. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to assist you. Thank you.

I will for sure!
2021-3-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for posting update.  
2021-3-31
Use props
fans3ac45c5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26677 ft
United States

Please recommend to the software engineers to include the isotherm function for the m2ea.  

I have seen it included in some early reviews. (Screenshot included of m2ea with isotherm function in app)

This is a vital function for both law enforcement and search and rescue.

Even the m2ed has this feature.  As do all of the other DJI thermal sensors.

With this new powerful sensor resolution, isotherm is quite important.  

Thank you!
Screenshot_20210403-213514_YouTube.jpg
2021-4-3
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-31 00:58

It seems you folks are interesting in talking about the M2EA, but continue to ignore all the questions raised by those of us with M2ED in the forum.

WHAT is DJI going to do for those of us that spent a lot on M2ED, and are still waiting for the original advertised features to be available -- along with other standard Mavic capabilities?  it's been total radio silence and the product we purchased is almost worthless for what we purchased it for.

At least come out and tell us that you have zero plans for that version.  And for all the folks looking a M2EA, don't bet a lot on DJI to give you what you need.  They've consistently ignored the M2ED users since 2019.
2021-4-15
Use props
fireshadow540
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107566 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like the drone so far as for the 1x maybe 2x zoom.. outside of that increasing the thermal image past 2x zoom its nothing but a blob on my drone. I updated it to the latest firmware for all 4 batteries, drone, and controller. Another thing I've noticed is why DJI puts out incomplete firmware updates? Yes, its incomplete and rather obvious that its incomplete by the simple fact you get some options when the smart controller alone is on but as soon as you turn the drone on and its linked to the controller you can no longer use those functions. Extremely poor excuse for a company to not be getting these issues addressed in a timely matter. no wonder why the competition for DIJ is becoming a more obvious answer to the issues.
2021-4-24
Use props
tyler947
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3878802 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I was very surprised to learn that there are no manual controls for the RGB camera settings to control shutter speed, ISO, aspect ratio or RAW photo format. It is a shame that the "Advanced" version of the Mavic 2 series lacks the expected functions of the basic Mavic 2 platform even though it costs several thousand dollars more.  What was DJI thinking? An enterprise level drone that lacks dual controller support that the much cheaper Mavic 2 Pro has? This is designed for enterprise / first responder end users - one would think that DJI would recognize the importance of dual controller support for first responder needs. Autel answered this demand with their Live Deck steaming support for a command post or professional live streaming setups. At the very least, DJI could have supported dual controllers to connect a second smart controller or basic RC.  

Another issue being raised on Youtube reviews is that while recording taking photos and zooming in and out on a subject, the actual file does not capture any zooming capability which you are seeing on your screen. You might as well not use the zoom as you'll just have to do it with editing software after the fact.

DJI has some work to do with this firmware given the price point and expectations with an "advanced" level drone.

2021-5-24
Use props
tyler947
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

tyler947 Posted at 5-24 19:08
I was very surprised to learn that there are no manual controls for the RGB camera settings to control shutter speed, ISO, aspect ratio or RAW photo format. It is a shame that the "Advanced" version of the Mavic 2 series lacks the expected functions of the basic Mavic 2 platform even though it costs several thousand dollars more.  What was DJI thinking? An enterprise level drone that lacks dual controller support that the much cheaper Mavic 2 Pro has? This is designed for enterprise / first responder end users - one would think that DJI would recognize the importance of dual controller support for first responder needs. Autel answered this demand with their Live Deck steaming support for a command post or professional live streaming setups. At the very least, DJI could have supported dual controllers to connect a second smart controller or basic RC.  

Another issue being raised on Youtube reviews is that while recording video or taking photos and zooming in and out on a subject, the actual file does not capture any zooming capability which you are seeing on your screen. You might as well not use the zoom as you'll just have to do it with editing software after the fact.

Great youtube video demonstrating the lack of zoom on photos when saved to the card *unless* you use the split screen mode which provides the zoom only on the combined split screen photo. For some reason the resolution on the split screen photo while zoomed in ends up being better than the full res file and zooming into to the same level manually.

See the video breakdown here:

2021-5-24
Use props
fans7f5013a0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1900 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello all,  

I have recently purchased the M2EA and am having trouble bringing the thermal files into the thermal analyisis tool,

When taking the photos they appear to be saving into the card, I can see them in the preview on the controller, one visual, and then one thermal, .

But when I load the card,  they all appear as Jpegs and and I dont have any editing or thermal information when in the analysis tool,

Can any one help me?  On the video showing the options for the analysis tool, it shows me being able to adjust color pallets, change visual range ect and then export a report,  I can not get any off this to work,

There is super limited documentation out there about this right now, and I have scoured thru the Web and manuals

Thank you for your help,

Cameron
2021-5-27
Use props
ZOZ
lvl.1
Switzerland

NotSoSmartPA Posted at 4-15 09:27
It seems you folks are interesting in talking about the M2EA, but continue to ignore all the questions raised by those of us with M2ED in the forum.

WHAT is DJI going to do for those of us that spent a lot on M2ED, and are still waiting for the original advertised features to be available -- along with other standard Mavic capabilities?  it's been total radio silence and the product we purchased is almost worthless for what we purchased it for.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTALY RIGHT WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU FOR A COMPANY??!!

WE ARE A DISTRIBUTOR OF YOUR PRODUCTS AND DID A TURNOVER IN THE LAST 10 YEARS FOR OVER 15 MIO USD, WHAT KIND OF RIDICULOUS PIECE OF SOFTWARE DO YOU PRODUCE?!!! I MEAN THE HARDWARE IS TOP BUT THE SOFTWARE IS CRAP!! NOW I BOUGHT FOR MYSELF A NEW MAVIC EA AND THE CALLED SMART CONTROLLER IST BASED ON THAT ANDROID SOFTWARE A PIECE OF S**T. ALL YOUR CUSTOMER FLY THIRD PART SOFTWARE LIKE LITCHI AND SO ON, YOU ARE ALSO RESPONSIBLE TO AT LEAST COME WITH FUNDAMENTAL FUNCTIONS FOR THE EA.

WE NEED THAT DEVICE FOR RESCUE MISSIONS AND I'M NOT ABLE TO PLAN MISSION WITH TERRAIN FOLLOWING FUNKTION WICH IS NO PROBLEM WITH LITCHI APP FOR 23.- USD !!!

IF I'M SCANNING AN AREA WHICH IS A BIT HILLY I DO NOT WANNA A COLLISION WITH THE HILL BECUAUSE I AM NOT ABLE TO PLAN LIKE WITCH LITCHI APP OR HAMMER MISSION APP. IS THAT SO COMPLICATED FOR YOU TO INVESTING A BIT IN FUNCTIONALITY IN YOUR SMART CONTROLLER?!!

AND ALSO I DO NOT NEET TO SHOOT IN ANY MISSION FOTO OR VIDEO THAT SHOUD ALSO BE ABLE TO DISACTIVATE.

DO YOUR FIELD TESTING TEAM TEST THOSE DEVICES IN AN REAL ENVIRONMENT?!

IT IS JUST ANOTHER USELESS DEVICE, I'M SO DISAPPOINTED!!!

THANK YOU FOR ANY FEEDBACK BUT I DON'T REALLY EXPACT THAT!

BEST REGARDS
2021-5-30
Use props
fanse693161b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1499596 ft
United Kingdom

We've been so very disappointed with the Mavic Enterprise Advanced and am so surprised at how it fails to deliver in the 2 areas we had planned using it.

The inability to capture images using the lossless zoom is mind boggling!! The actual DJI marketing states "capture video and images from a safe distance" yet the images you capture using the zoom "from a safe distance" aren't the images you see on the screen of the controller??? Unbelievably bad idea.... I know of very few cameras where the image you see through the viewfinder when taking a picture is entirely different than the image you are capturing!! Once you get into the digital zoom I guess that's fine, you can always crop the image in post (although that's adding time to the workflow) but to not capture images using the lossless zoom is ridiculous.

I'm a trained thermographer and we've been using a variety of drones (Mavic Dual, Parrot Anafi Thermal, M210 RTK with Flir Duo Pro R) to capture thermal imagery to then post process in Flir tools to ensure accuracy and consistency of results. While the images out of the drone are great, really nice resolution camera, the DJI Analysis Tool 2.0 is a pretty useless piece of software currently and doesn't allow for any actual work to be done on the images. You can alter a couple of parameters but there's not nearly enough user definable parameters to take environmental factors into account when processing the results. The word doc export crashes the software every single time and the image export does not have a scale on it so has no reference to temperature values.

This could have been an incredible, industry leading drone and still could if updates solve these issues but at the moment we're not even using it and have gone back to our other drones which is a huge letdown. Other than the Parrot Thermal we have entirely DJI kit... M210RTK, Phantom 4 RTK, Mavic Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Dual and have never been anything other than very happy with them... hopefully DJI sort this out
2021-6-3
Use props
fanse693161b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans7f5013a0 Posted at 5-27 07:30
Hello all,  

I have recently purchased the M2EA and am having trouble bringing the thermal files into the thermal analyisis tool,

Hi, the images save as consecutively numbered files ... for example.... jpeg 001 is visual then 002 is thermal (you can tell which is which as the thermal images are much smaller file sizes). The best way to get them into DJI Analysis tool is to open the software and then there's a folder icon on the left of the window at the top, click that and select the folder you want the software to look for your thermal images in. The images will appear in the main window and from there you can select them to tune etc. Don't expect much from the software, it's pretty clunky and the results aren't very good ... hopefully they'll sort this soon or someone will make a decent interface using the SDK!!
2021-6-3
Use props
esurveyonl
New

India

Thanks for Share New Ideas. https://esurveys.onl/
2021-6-8
Use props
tyler947
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

fanse693161b Posted at 6-3 05:34
We've been so very disappointed with the Mavic Enterprise Advanced and am so surprised at how it fails to deliver in the 2 areas we had planned using it.

The inability to capture images using the lossless zoom is mind boggling!! The actual DJI marketing states "capture video and images from a safe distance" yet the images you capture using the zoom "from a safe distance" aren't the images you see on the screen of the controller??? Unbelievably bad idea.... I know of very few cameras where the image you see through the viewfinder when taking a picture is entirely different than the image you are capturing!! Once you get into the digital zoom I guess that's fine, you can always crop the image in post (although that's adding time to the workflow) but to not capture images using the lossless zoom is ridiculous.

Totally agree! DJI - Are you paying any attention to this?? @dji stephen
How does it make any sense that a DJI Mini 2 would have all the manual camera controls and RAW format at less than a 10th of the price of this "advanced" aircraft? DJI Pilot needs some serious updates for the M2EA.  Also lost the ability to turn on the landing lights with a C1 or C2 button with DJI Pilot, why?? This is useful for spotting the drone in the sky without having to search through the menus and is important for search and rescue missions if you are using the drone to guide someone on the ground.

2021-6-13
Use props
djiuser_9ynhXECoreae
New
Flight distance : 36644 ft

United States

I came to ask why I couldn't bind another smart controller to the device. I'm guessing this isn't possible from reading this thread?
2021-6-15
Use props
fanse693161b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

tyler947 Posted at 6-13 21:39
Totally agree! DJI - Are you paying any attention to this?? @dji stephen
How does it make any sense that a DJI Mini 2 would have all the manual camera controls and RAW format at less than a 10th of the price of this "advanced" aircraft? DJI Pilot needs some serious updates for the M2EA.  Also lost the ability to turn on the landing lights with a C1 or C2 button with DJI Pilot, why?? This is useful for spotting the drone in the sky without having to search through the menus and is important for search and rescue missions if you are using the drone to guide someone on the ground.

Great video review Tyler947, perfect summation of the issues we've experienced with the Mavic Advanced. It's been a complete waste of money for us up to this point in using it for inspection work which is a real shame as it has such great potential!
2021-6-23
Use props
djiderek0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6873 ft

South Africa

Just bought a new Mavic 2 EA and the Firmware update is always showing after having updated firmware for the batteries and sometimes for some of the batteries...I have downgraded every battery and then upgraded each battery....no matter what i have done, the same thing appears randomly...this is very annoying as its been happening since May this year...havent had a proper opportunity to fly it without it requesting to update....sometimes it works and then  it doesn't...
20210529_170654.jpg
2021-6-26
Use props
fansd8a0c58d
New

Germany

djiderek0 Posted at 6-26 10:20
Just bought a new Mavic 2 EA and the Firmware update is always showing after having updated firmware for the batteries and sometimes for some of the batteries...I have downgraded every battery and then upgraded each battery....no matter what i have done, the same thing appears randomly...this is very annoying as its been happening since May this year...havent had a proper opportunity to fly it without it requesting to update....sometimes it works and then  it doesn't...[Image]

Hi, I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?
2021-7-11
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

I have a M2 Pro, M2 Zoom and a M2EA. I have noticed when I switch batteries to a non-enterprise aircraft they work fine. Rotating those same batteries to the M2EA causes the firmware notice. Some data is being written the batteries by the non-enterprise units that when cycled back makes the M2EA update them. Haven't tested this beyond just noticing an apparent connection however.
2021-7-11
Use props
fans910eab67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6873 ft

South Africa

fansd8a0c58d Posted at 7-11 01:02
Hi, I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

Hi , no I haven't found a solution and no one from DJI has even bothered to answer the issue.
I think its absolutely shocking that one can spend so much money and it gives this continued issue from day 1. We havent even been able to fly it properly yet as it continues to request for an update especially after it was updated via Assistant 2 and confirmed that everything was updated.
2021-7-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse693161b Posted at 6-3 05:34

I didn't really look into the M2 Enterprise areas much as I don't have need for it.  I think it would've been nice if people could 4x optical zoom and have infrared but it would weigh so much.  They should've used the Phantom platform instead of the Mavic 2.  Has anyone compared M2EA against the Autel Infrared one?

Why are people complaining getting it?  It's supposed to be used for Search and Rescue and infrared?  If it does that job right then it works.  It's like people are expecting an M210/M300 feel at a lower financial price.
2021-7-19
Use props
tyler947
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Support - is anyone working on improving the DJI Pilot app and firmware for the M2EA? There is a lot of negative feedback about the drone not capturing what you see on the screen (while using the zoom) and the lack of manual camera settings.   I am using this at work and the lack of dual smart controller support is very frustrating when it is available on the much less expensive Mavic 2 Pro, and all the manual shooting features that you can get on a Mini 2 at a 10th of the price.
What is the DJI team doing about this?  
2021-8-23
Use props
fans3ac45c5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26677 ft
United States

When will the SDK for the M2EA be released?
2021-9-7
Use props
Dromo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262812 ft
Italy

We have a feature request. Of course I agree with the strong limitation that the M2EA has, despite the advertising. For this reason I see no reason why with the RTK is not using the TimeSync that all the DJI RTK products has, I do not understand why we do not have controls on the camera, only one panorama mode, why I can not disable thermal files saved on the SD if I do not need them, and why the RTK is compatible only with RTCM protocol 3.2 but NOT with previouses.

The time sync feature is actually what we miss the most, along with the controls of the camera as all the other Mavic has.

Is it possible to see these implemented soon?
2021-9-18
Use props
Dromo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262812 ft
Italy

We have a feature request. Of course I agree with the strong limitation that the M2EA has, despite the advertising. For this reason I see no reason why with the RTK is not using the TimeSync that all the DJI RTK products has, I do not understand why we do not have controls on the camera, only one panorama mode, why I can not disable thermal files saved on the SD if I do not need them, and why the RTK is compatible only with RTCM protocol 3.2 but NOT with previouses.

The time sync feature is actually what we miss the most, along with the controls of the camera as all the other Mavic has.

Is it possible to see these implemented soon?
2021-9-18
Use props
NormundsS
lvl.1

Latvia

sorry, I posted in wrong topic
2022-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules