1037 8 2021-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mactormod0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is just a warning to all dji owners, if it goes wrong and you have to sent it outside uk for repair, not only
do you have to pay for the repair but you than have to pay vat to bring it back into this country.
The latest update bricked my Inspire 2 ,had to send it to dji eu service , no charge for repair , after all it was there fault
on the way out drone stuck in customs for 4 days, on the way back stuck in customs until i paid the duty on the drone,
but even worse i sent drone in the box i got when bought it , so when ups said i have 2 boxes to pay for ,i said no only one.
somebody at dji had removed the camera and sent it on, which meant paying twice for my own drone which i did not even break.
so be warned.....................
2021-3-31
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Because of the Brexit?
2021-3-31
Use props
mactormod0
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yes.......................aaaaaaaaaarrrrghhhh
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, as per check, our team is following up on it and had tried to call you but did not get through. I'll help to escalate your situation again and will keep you updated.  
2021-3-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mactormod0 Posted at 3-31 02:37
yes.......................aaaaaaaaaarrrrghhhh

With the right documentation there shouldn't have been any duty payable.
2021-3-31
Use props
mactormod0
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spoke to the VAT office on phone they said anything you take into this country from eu you have to pay tax,
i had the paper work form dji saying it was a repair, the original invoice for the drone to show i had already
paid vat when new.
2021-4-1
Use props
mac230
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80062 ft

United Kingdom

My H20T was sent away for repair, on return it has been stuck in a warehouse somewhere in the UK for the last 2 weeks since providing UPS all the paperwork. I have phoned them a number of times now and no one can seem to tell me what's going on. Very frustrating!
2021-4-11
Use props
mactormod0
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sorry mac230, what i found is that when you get through to ups if you go for option one (to pay) , have your shipping number at hand ,they should tell you how much tax you have to pay.if wrong place then just say sorry and can you put me through to right department please.
2021-4-11
Use props
mac230
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80062 ft

United Kingdom

Cheers, I will give that a try tomorrow!
2021-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules