Is the mini just an appetizer?
530 11 2021-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#ilovemymavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1121230 ft
South Africa

I recently bought my first drone, a mavic mini. It is an exquisite little hummingbird - really awesome, but now I am thinking : maybe this model is just to wake drone enthusiasts, I am awake now, already looking for a  good used Air or Air 2.
My financial status does not allow me to keep the old and acquire a new. If this was your plan DJI.. It succeeded. I just wish there was a way to keep both.
2021-3-31
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I totally agree with this. I'm only really interested in stills and while 4000x3000 is ok I'm really looking forward to a 1inch sensor. There is some talk the new air2s might have that but if not I'll hang on until the mavic 3 pro comes out and get ready for "that" conversation with my financial controller :-)
2021-3-31
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

nah i don't think so ,but mayby it bit. It is a product which is made for the pilots in europ where it is easier to fly with a drone under 250gramms. Drones with higher weight needing a small uas driving license. And the MM2 ist still a extension. Mayby the MM3 will have some more sensor for obstacle detection .
2021-3-31
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

At least the DJI equipment retains a good resale value. Good luck on your upgrade.
2021-3-31
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji drones are like lays potato chips......you can't just have one!
2021-3-31
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I have had my Mini for a little under a year and I do quite enjoy it.  If I had a need to upgrade today, it would be to a MA2, but I'm kinda waiting to see if / when the M3Pro comes out.  If they combine the bet of the MA2 and M2P - Wow!  then I will have to figure out the finances.  And I would definitely keep the Mini as well.  There is a possibility that work might get a Mini 2 and my Part 107 license, but that is still up in the air (so to speak).
2021-3-31
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

You do realize the Mini 2 is already out and is a great improvement.
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there #ilovemymavic. Good day and thank you for these information you have given.  I hope that you will get the best information from our DJI co pilots who have the DJI Mavic Mini and upgraded to a new DJI drone and can give out there own insight on both drones. In addition, I will post a link where in you can compare both the DJI all the DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I just downgrade from Mavic Pro (1) to a Mini 2.
It will be my drone (hopefully) for a long time.
It can do almost anything I want and flies like a beast!
2021-4-1
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8743645 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Well the mavic may be small and more targeted towards beginners, but its size and weight sure comes in handy and isn't seen anywhere else in dji except the mini 2
2021-4-3
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

I was on the fence for a long time abut buying any drone, then the Mini came along and it was a good inexpensive way to try out a drone. I totally intended to upgrade to a very expensive drone if need be.

I'm glad I started with the Mini, it does everything I need and the features it doesn't have that i might use occasionally are not worth it to me to upgrade.

I do the same with other products. I buy cheap Harbor Freight tools to see if I really need them, if they work and I only need the tool occasionally, I never upgrade. If I start using the tool daily and need more features  then I splurge for the high price name brand.

I started in studio flash photography about 15 years ago, I wasn't sure what I needed or if I even had the skill. Bought a cheap kit off eBay, outgrew it in a few weeks and spent big bucks on a proper studio kit.

Point is, yes, things like the Mini can be used as a gateway drug or used as a testing platform.
2021-4-3
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Well said WWF
2021-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules