15-20 Days is a Lie
1709 18 2015-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

I think my very first post here was "how accurate is their shipping estimate?"  At that time I was still unhip to DJI's reputation and how they do business. I still thought there was a chance I could receive my P3P sooner, but I was wrong.  Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with waiting and being patient.  If DJI would have listed 30 business days I still wouldn't have mind waiting. A lot of people will respond to this like "cancel your order and go here or to this other place" but like a lot of other people on here once you have put a month of your time waiting and have already given them your money you don't want to have to start all over again, wait for your refund, place your order with another company and hope they ship you their stock within a week or so. Especially not when you have DJI dangling a carrot saying it "may" ship out at the end of this week.  So the reason I am posting this is not so much to bitch but just to let anyone who might be thinking about buying direct know that DJI's estimate shipping times are a complete lie. They were a lie when I bought mine, they were a lie when people the week before bought theirs and they will be a lie if you buy yours today. If you try and call the U.S. Office there is no sales dept to speak to, they just direct you to email or chat online. When you do email or chat online they all say the same thing pretty much word for word. They love to say "Sorry" it "May" ship out by the end of the week. Please be patient and wait till then. By the way for US people when you chat with them (Chinese, that's all you get even though the U.S. Dept phone recording makes it sound like you can reach them through chat) during our normal day hours it is night time there so they say sorry but it is night here all I can do is pass it along which we all know is BS. Again I want to end with I am fine waiting, just don't lie to me.
2015-7-15
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

United States

So sorry you hadn't come to this forum before you ordered. Had you done that - you would have read ALL the stories concerning the deception that started long before the p3.
2015-7-15
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

Feel for you. I waited exactly two months for my P3A to arrive. It finally did and it has been good to me so far!
2015-7-15
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

FlyGirl Posted at 2015-7-15 21:57
So sorry you hadn't come to this forum before you ordered. Had you done that - you would have read A ...

Yea. I did read a little bit of the forums prior to ordering but I guess I didn't read enough. Plus prior to dealing with DJI I had never experienced customer service like this so I kind of dismissed some of the negative post I did read for what I though was probably just a few scorned customers. Didn't realize it was the norm.
2015-7-15
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-15 22:47
Yea. I did read a little bit of the forums prior to ordering but I guess I didn't read enough. Plu ...

Yep, norm for online sales.  also,  Paragraphs.  use them.
2015-7-15
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

Why not order from a 3rd party? I got mine in 2 days.
2015-7-15
Use props
scott.harper4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767379 ft
United States

I ordered, got an email immediately asking for verification of payment and then didn't hear back from them on anything for more than a week.  After reading horror stories of lengthy delivery, I wrote and asked for a time frame.  They said, at earliest it would be the end of the month before shipment (and I guess a week beyond that for it to actually arrive).  I asked if I could just cancel (the temp hold of funds had already been reversed anyhow).  They cancelled my order immediately.  I bought from Amazon with 2-day shipping and should have it in my hands tomorrow.
2015-7-15
Use props
shorinjimonk
lvl.1

Canada

Going through the same bs bro....They clearly need to to improve their delivery time. Fortunately, the item I'm waiting for is not critical, but yes a far more accurate estimate from DJI would be appreciated.....
2015-7-15
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're in the US, it's easier and faster to order from an authorized DJI dealer who has Phantoms in stock. There are many authorized DJI dealers who have Phantoms in stock on Amazon right now. If shipping via Amazon Prime, it's possible to get a Phantom in as little as one business day.

See a complete list here:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/Available

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-15
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Welcome to the club. Spread the word. Don't do direct sales.

I've got cash points which I won't ever use as they have to be used on direct ordering and unless you spend $150 or more, the shipping is $20 minimum.

Things are going to be getting busy for me the next couple of months and can't be bothered on when something I paid for that awaits delivery may or may not ship.
2015-7-15
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

I wouldn't ever order anything I wasn't sure I'd keep.  That excludes large item purchases.   Props, cases,  ok.  I can wait on those.     Never anything electronic.   If it breaks.  it is a NIGHTMARE to get support to take care of you.   For example,  My inspire wiring burnt up on the 3rd day.     It took 3 1/2 weeks to get a refund and DJI didn't issue the refund.  Paypal decided in my favor.   Don't do it.   Amazon has a great return policy and you don't have to deal with people that pass the buck like they do at DJI online sales.
2015-7-15
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

they are telling me the only thing holding up my order is the backpack. I said ship it separately. They said they don't split up bundles. That is also a complete lie because they constantly ship batteries separately.
2015-7-15
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-16 02:53
they are telling me the only thing holding up my order is the backpack. I said ship it separately. T ...

I think I saw a post by DJI Dave, who said backpacks  were expected Thursday or Friday this week ...but don't hold your breath ! lol...hope you get it soon!
2015-7-15
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

L8again Posted at 2015-7-16 02:58
I think I saw a post by DJI Dave, who said backpacks  were expected Thursday or Friday this week . ...

Thanks. Yea one of the reps on chat told me Thursday but I am not going to bet on it or anything.
2015-7-15
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-16 05:58
Thanks. Yea one of the reps on chat told me Thursday but I am not going to bet on it or anything.

I knew it was going to be so bad that I just said, screw it, and Ordered a second PRO from Amazon, and I'm waiting a couple months to get the first one back, I'm sure it will take much longer than that. THEIR TELEPHONE support is outright hilariously embarrassing.
2015-7-18
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

brycerichert Posted at 2015-7-18 16:15
I knew it was going to be so bad that I just said, screw it, and Ordered a second PRO from Amazon, ...

You crashed your first one?
2015-7-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Are we still all crying about this crap yet? Oh my god people!  I've placed orders and just went about my life and all of a sudden one day I got a email saying my stuff shipped! 2 days later in the morning even, I get my dji order. FedEx don't come until 4pm normally, but when something comes from dji I've got it b4 10am..  What other company in China ships your shit to the U.S. In less than 48hrs?  Not a no one!  So you know what that is?  Dji trying to get us our shit asap..  Bet none of you even stopped to think about a little thing like that!  Hobby king is 2 or more weeks and don't even give you a option for something faster!  Unappreciative spoiled little mama boys. In this forum I swear...
2015-7-18
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-19 00:02
You crashed your first one?

Unfortunately, yes. The only thing available 2 day shipping was the Pro. When I get the advanced back I figure I'll sell it for half price or let my daughter use it. They are fun to fly together!
2015-7-20
Use props
alexassenmacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This is kind of sad. I bought mine last week from a supplier here in Spain and it took less than 24 hours. They shipped it thursday afternoon and friday morning I received it home.
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules