Mini 2 water damage claim and warranty problem
1113 1 2021-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PKUJi4wZy6MI
lvl.1

United States

Well I just got an invoice for $49 from DJI claiming that there was "water damage" to my brand new Mini 2. The gimbal started to have problems (unless I bumped it then it would work again). Turn it off and same problem until one bumped the gimbal.

DJI claims that there is water damage...here is the problem. I have NEVER flown it in the rain or landed in water. It is very dry here in the winter, yes there is snow on the ground but the snow is very cold (about zero F). The only thing that could have given it water damage is condensation from bringing it from outdoors into indoors after being flown in the cold. When landing I always landed it on either cardboard or hard packed snow like a driveway. It has not rained here for more than 4 months!

Have others had problems with a "water damage" issue just from condensation? If so this drone is pathetically fragile. Also is it fair to blanketly claim water damage just because a sensor says that there was moisture but the problem appears to be unrelated???  

2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. We're sorry to know about this. I have pulled up your case number using your DJI Forum Account. We've already forwarded this to the team to further assist us with your issue. Thank you in advance for your patience.
2021-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules