Gimbal upward move limited for pano
574 2 2021-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

I don't know if this was always the same with the Air 2 or if only recent firmwares limit this, but I just noticed that although the option to allow gimbal upward rotation is enabled, the 360 panos don't use the whole gimbal potential which anyway is already limited due to the "hoodie". The difference is not dramatic, but it can be important if there are objects/constructions higher than the drone's position.
To understand the difference, see the vertical position difference between the row containing images 27-35 and the images 3,8,9,14,15,20,21,26 in the image below.

With a drone already very limited by the firmware compared with its potential, this adds for me another question on the long list of "what was in the mind of the developers...?". Probably there will never be a logic answer to this

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 22.24.51.jpg

2021-3-31
Use props
rooller71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 750935 ft
Hungary

I noticed the same thing after the update!
2021-4-1
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

Ah, so indeed it´s not there from the beginning.

Once my car manufacturer suddenly stopped an online service which the car was offering. One week after I paid the subscription for the next year. I asked them how this was possible. They answered in a very dry, corporate and disrespectful mail that the conditions I accepted allow them to stop any service at any time, but that they do efforts to provide always new services. Well, they never provided anything new, and their sales go downwards like the rollercoaster. I´m just saying, of course. I´m just saying.
2021-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules