Phantom 4 gimbal noise
1302 11 2021-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,
My P4 gimbal makes constant grinding noises. I have updated to latest firmware and tried to recalibrate. Still makes the noise and the gimbal shudders.
I have read on some forums where a beta version update has helped.  No crashes prior and nothing prior to this happening.
Any ideas??
2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering and we'd like to assist you regarding this issue. To do that, please check and confirm the exact firmware version of your Phantom 4, and if you could kindly, please upload a short video clip depicting the mentioned problem. Many thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-4-1
Use props
djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i
lvl.1

Australia

Firmware version is 02.200.0810
2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-1 23:47
Hi, djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering and we'd like to assist you regarding this issue. To do that, please check and confirm the exact firmware version of your Phantom 4, and if you could kindly, please upload a short video clip depicting the mentioned problem. Many thanks and looking forward to your response.
Firmware version is 02.200.810.  I cant upload video for some reason.
2021-4-2
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

When it shudders, does the video shudder also? When I heard that noise and there was a shudder, I found out it was the roll motor.  It kept getting worse as time went on. It doesn't have to be wrecked. It could be a strain on the motor or lack of support of not using the gimbal lock. It might be dirt?  It was a very easy fix on my P4s. The roll motor cost about $20 US. Take off a few screws and ribbon cable. drop it in and replace it all. There are good You Tube videos on how to do it. It took me about 20 minutes, but if I had to do it again, it will be a lot quicker. LOL.
2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i
lvl.1

Australia

Goldenseal Posted at 4-2 15:21
When it shudders, does the video shudder also? When I heard that noise and there was a shudder, I found out it was the roll motor.  It kept getting worse as time went on. It doesn't have to be wrecked. It could be a strain on the motor or lack of support of not using the gimbal lock. It might be dirt?  It was a very easy fix on my P4s. The roll motor cost about $20 US. Take off a few screws and ribbon cable. drop it in and replace it all. There are good You Tube videos on how to do it. It took me about 20 minutes, but if I had to do it again, it will be a lot quicker. LOL.

Thanks mate, yes the video shudders as well. Did you have a calibration problem too?
2021-4-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i Posted at 4-2 13:06
Firmware version is 02.200.810.  I cant upload video for some reason.

Sorry, you can upload a sample video on Youtube and embed the link here.
2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-2 22:58
Sorry, you can upload a sample video on Youtube and embed the link here.

https://youtu.be/5gS1igUWwwQ
2021-4-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i Posted at 4-3 22:08

Many thanks for the prompt update. This has been forwarded already to our team for further review. We'll keep you update once updates have been received.
2021-4-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i Posted at 4-3 22:08

Hi, thanks for patiently waiting. We have checked and confirmed that the beta firmware only helps the Phantom 4 Advanced/Pro and doesn't work with the Phantom 4. In your case, it is suggested that you return your aircraft back to our Service Center for diagnosis. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support to help you open a ticket.
2021-4-9
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

2021-4-9
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

djiuser_8tbXIwMuec3i Posted at 4-2 17:58
Thanks mate, yes the video shudders as well. Did you have a calibration problem too?

Yes, with the on and off shudder that got worse in time.
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules