Dave Evan Bi-Centennial Tree
679 14 2021-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

The Dave Evans Bicentennial Tree, a 75 m tall karri tree, was  pegged for climbing to celebrate Australia's bicentenary in 1988. The  tree is located within Warren National Park in southwestern Australia.  Although it has been used as a fire lookout, the tree is mainly used as a  tourist attraction.

Would you climb it ?  The rungs are about 18"-2ft apart,  so I reckon apart from other obvious deterrants,  leg muscles may well object early in the climb ??

2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Manxmann. Good day and thank you for sharing this amazing video you have filmed and created. Great work and keep flying. .
2021-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very interesting.
I would for sure try it (not sure if I would make it)
2021-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2021-4-1
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Sweden looks really interesting - and old,  that's something we don't have in Oz.  
The holiday destinations looked,  in places,  somewhat similar to our South West corner of the state.  Idyllic !
You are so lucky (in some ways) to have so much to see that is close to home.  

PS:  That water must have been cold ??

2021-4-1
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-1 02:20
Hello there Manxmann. Good day and thank you for sharing this amazing video you have filmed and created. Great work and keep flying.  .

Thankyou DJI Stephen  
2021-4-1
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 4-1 06:17
Looks very interesting.
I would for sure try it (not sure if I would make it)

We saw Mother and 8 year old climb it.  The Father piked out at about 5 mtrs,  the Mother wanted to turn back at about 20mtrs but the Daughter insisted they go to the top - and they did !
There are two 'resting areas' on the way up which also serve as  passing places.

I am surprised that this adventure is permisable in the day and age (here anyway) where you can do very little without a hi-viz vest,  a flashing light and safety harness.  
2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Manxmann Posted at 4-1 15:46
Thankyou DJI Stephen

Hi there Manxmann. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Manxmann Posted at 4-1 15:45
Sweden looks really interesting - and old,  that's something we don't have in Oz.  
The holiday destinations looked,  in places,  somewhat similar to our South West corner of the state.  Idyllic !
You are so lucky (in some ways) to have so much to see that is close to home.  

We are lucky to have many beautiful places around indeed.
Sweden is sort of our home away from home.
I have been visiting since 1989 and lost count how many times we were there.
With my own family 6 times, but before that (as a kid / grown up), I really don't know anymore.
So yeah, you could say I have a thing for Sweden.
But, I also love to go to other places (when Covid allows again).
It's just something that pulls us back to Sweden every time.  
Oz is also on our list, but that is quite a undertaking (and costly too)
2021-4-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Manxmann Posted at 4-1 15:53
We saw Mother and 8 year old climb it.  The Father piked out at about 5 mtrs,  the Mother wanted to turn back at about 20mtrs but the Daughter insisted they go to the top - and they did !
There are two 'resting areas' on the way up which also serve as  passing places.

Wow, that is amazing!
Yeah, risk avoidance is something you see everywhere (and to some extent that is a good thing I guess).
But it can also lead to lack of responsibility, since people expect everything is made ready for them to do whatever they want.
2021-4-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 4-1 15:53
There are two 'resting areas' on the way up which also serve as  passing places.

Aloha Manx,

Wow, that was really interesting.  The scale and optical illusions created a lot of distortion.  I was very disoriented but the video was very enjoyable.

The spike ladder rungs really threw me off.  As you note, I cannot imagine an adventure like that would be open to the public.  Another strange bit was that it finally came off as something of a glorified tree-house!  But what a tree-house!  When I saw how the structure was placed, it made a lot more sense.  That was a relief!  I must say that was one of the more interesting videos.  You picked a good subject!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-4-2
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 4-2 01:19
Aloha Manx,

Wow, that was really interesting.  The scale and optical illusions created a lot of distortion.  I was very disoriented but the video was very enjoyable.

Thanks Cetacean;  imagine you just got a job as a Fire Look-out .....   ......  up you go !!!!
2021-4-2
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 4-2 00:28
We are lucky to have many beautiful places around indeed.
Sweden is sort of our home away from home.
I have been visiting since 1989 and lost count how many times we were there.

Quite a distance to travel and may not be possible for a while yet ?
I would think that you would find Oz reasonably inexpensive after Sweden though ?

Although  we don't have the (European) history,  we have some very beautiful and rugged country to offer.  The "Bush" has a beauty all of its' own .....  

Keep it on your Bucket List.   
2021-4-2
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nah Manxman no need to climb we have DJI drones
2021-4-10
Use props
ranrick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8721903 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Love the ascending and descending shot as well as the story behind. Interesting place and tree really.
2021-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules