2758 25 2021-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just thought I would share that B&H Photo Video has a really good sale on right now for the "Nanuk 925 Case for the DJI FPV Drone System".  I've had several of their cases in the past for various DJI gear and drones and highly recommend them.  IMO these are superior quality and equipment fit to the GPC cases (especially the latch system) although they are slightly bigger in dimensions. The benefit though is the the Nanuk cases let the gear sit deeper into the case foam and the fit is not as overly tight as GPC.  Nanuk's prices are scheduled to jump starting today across their entire product line so if you are looking for a case now is the time to jump on it.
(Sounds like a sales pitch I know but I get nothing from posting this. Just sharing a quality product at a good price.)
2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Masemoto. Good day and thank you for sharing these information about a case for DJI FPV Drone System. Great find and thank you for your support.
2021-4-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  
2021-4-2
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

How do the Nanuks compare to the GPC case? Good, better?
2021-4-2
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Buster1 Posted at 4-2 05:16
How do the Nanuks compare to the GPC case? Good, better?

I have both the Nanuk and GPC cases for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.  Based on those overall case quality goes to Nanuk. Feels more robust and has more heft to it. The latching system is absolutely better.  GPC is better when it comes to the dimensions as it is smaller in internal and external size but the interior cut out for the drone is too tight compared to Nanuk.  GPC is purposely built for drone equipment and so have more variety of internal cutouts for various drone equipment where as Nanuk cases are not specialized and one model of case may be used for variety of gear (drones, firearms, photo equipment etc.).
https://nanuk.com/pages/the-nanuk-advantage

As for the DJI FPV versions of these cases I am going with Nanuk. Accommodates all the same gear as GPC. Drone and other components appears to sit lower in the foam than GPC. At the B&H price It's $60+ cheaper than GPC.  Comes in other colors than boring black. Generally it's an all around better quality case imo.
2021-4-2
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for that great response!!! I was wondering about the quality of each and it’s good to hear that Nanuk is stronger and possibly better quality overall.

Thanks again!
2021-4-6
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
United States

Dang! Looks as B&H is out of them already!!
2021-4-6
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the post
I just had a look on their websites and the dimensions are:
GPC: 46.3cm x 35.cm x 17.3cm
Nanuk: 47.5cm x 37.6cm x 17.8cm

Nearly the same size, The Nanuk seems better and seems to fit a tiny bit more, Anyone know if the FPV drone fits in there with a battery on it or does it have to be taken out?

I was also looking at he MC-Cases, its a little bigger at 55.5cm x 42.8cm x 21cm but it fit a lot more batteries and bits and can fit the drone with props on which may not be a good thing depending on how much pressure is on the props.
2021-4-8
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for that, ordered mine last night, with shipping and all customs charges included it came to £147
2021-4-9
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FrootWhoopz Posted at 4-9 02:38
Thanks for that, ordered mine last night, with shipping and all customs charges included it came to £147

Mine finally shipped from BH today! Woohoo.
2021-4-20
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FrootWhoopz Posted at 4-8 00:56
Anyone know if the FPV drone fits in there with a battery on it or does it have to be taken out?

Specs on the Nanuk website say "The clever design also holds three (3) FPV Intelligent Flight Batteries". I see two slots in the foam so I assume the 3rd battery must be attached to the drone.
Edit:  A little further down it says "DJI FPV Intelligent Flight Battery x 3 (1 in drone)"
2021-4-20
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
United States

It’s been 3 weeks since I ordered my Nanuk from B&H. It still hasn’t arrived. I got an email from them last night saying it’s still backordered.

Anyone else having similar issues? Should we just wait?
2021-4-30
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buster1 Posted at 4-30 04:55
It’s been 3 weeks since I ordered my Nanuk from B&H. It still hasn’t arrived. I got an email from them last night saying it’s still backordered.

Same here, I ordered mine on the 8th or 9th of April and got an email this morning saying it is still out of stock, Ive seen some posts from others that ordered same day and received their ones.
Where are you based? I am in UK
2021-4-30
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
United States

I’m in the USA. I’m debating cancelling the order and just paying more through a different source. I think Amazon and a few others have them.
2021-4-30
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Buster1 Posted at 4-30 04:55

Contact B&H and see if they have an ETA. If you don't need a case right away then it may be worth the wait depending on what they say.
2021-4-30
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I emailed them today and got a reply

"Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any estimated date when we will have more of these in stock. We have received some shipments, but it is being released in limited quantities by the manufacturer. We fulfil all orders in the same order as they were received"
2021-4-30
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
United States

Hmmmm. Thanks for the update FrootWhoopz.
2021-4-30
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yup Lame!
I'll wait a couple of weeks and see what happens.
2021-4-30
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered mine on 4/2 and it was delivered 4/23 via Fedex. I got the silver one.
2021-5-1
Use props
VisualeyesAerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5242769 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went with GPS Cases.  For an extra $10, and better quality, you're getting an American made product.

They make 2 variants of the FPV Case.  One with the drone with the props off, and one with the drone keeping the props on.

Here are the links.
https://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-fpv.html
https://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-fpv-p.html
2021-5-1
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

VisualeyesAerial Posted at 5-1 09:00
I went with GPS Cases.  For an extra $10, and better quality, you're getting an American made product.

They make 2 variants of the FPV Case.  One with the drone with the props off, and one with the drone keeping the props on.

I was thinking about that one too but with the pre-order offer B&H had I paid $194 including import taxes and shipping to the UK and the GPC would have been $331
2021-5-1
Use props
A.O.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88392 ft
United States

I agree with the Nanuk cases being top notch but I went ith the 945 with the pick and pluck foam, gives me room for 5 batteries and I dont have to remove the props all the time! Yes, much bigger case, but I do not haul mine all over the place anyway, and pulling props every time is a definite deal breaker for me.
Oh, and it was $155 from amazon

Sorry couldn't figure out how to post a pic.
2021-5-2
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got my dispatch email sent yesterday and the Tracking shows delivery Friday 7th.
2021-5-5
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
United States

Yep! My Nanuk shipped from B&H!! Should be here Friday too.
2021-5-5
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
United States

Got my Nanuk! It’s perfect!

Stuff is pretty snug, but I guess that’s good. The drone itself is pretty tight, but with careful finesse, it fits. As some have stated, I wish there was a little bit more room for cables, but if you’re creative, it works.
2021-5-7
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buster1 Posted at 5-7 13:07
Got my Nanuk! It’s perfect!

Stuff is pretty snug, but I guess that’s good. The drone itself is pretty tight, but with careful finesse, it fits. As some have stated, I wish there was a little bit more room for cables, but if you’re creative, it works.

Got mine too and I agree about cables but great build quality and finish.
2021-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules