How's that for enlargement
1619 8 2021-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Unique is when you are the only one in the universe with one.
I just received the very large print of St Anne's, Alderney in the Channel Islands to go under a glass table top and it is fascinating to see such clear detail. Things like the masts and wire stays on small yachts in the harbour.
It is from a Mavic Pro drone shot I took, early one morning using a proceedure I adopted to achieve a very high resolution image. A process anyone can do, with any camera.
The unique bit is this photo as a table top conversation starter.

What do you do with your drone shots?
167598145_587528805557159_4983178025109829733_n.jpg
2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AlansDronePics. Good day and thank you for sharing this beautiful photo here at DJI Forum. Amazing design and it is totally one of a kind work. .
2021-4-1
Use props
Fad Flyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Alan,
I'm new here (bought my 1st drone 2 days ago), joined the forum and this is the first post I have responded to. Just to say that it looks fantastic and UNIQUE is a great feeling isn't it.
2021-4-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The looks great.     And looks expensive.  
2021-4-2
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 00:47
The looks great.     And looks expensive.

I'm glad you like it. Cost was £60 for the 800x1400mm print on a smooth, thick paper and £90 for the toughened glass. Because i live on an island, I also had a £35 shipping charge.
I thought the price was worth paying, although I appreciate it isn't something most people will do.
Perhaps because the island is small, about 3.5 miles by 1.5 wide, everyone knows each other and find the intimate detail of friends gardens from the air is a great talking point.
Many people, me included, think of roads and the relative position of places as though they are at the end of a wiggly but direct line. When seen from the air, it is surprising to find places aren't quite where you imagined. Or perhaps it's just me.
2021-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 4-2 01:35
I'm glad you like it. Cost was £60 for the 800x1400mm print on a smooth, thick paper and £90 for the toughened glass. Because i live on an island, I also had a £35 shipping charge.
I thought the price was worth paying, although I appreciate it isn't something most people will do.
Perhaps because the island is small, about 3.5 miles by 1.5 wide, everyone knows each other and find the intimate detail of friends gardens from the air is a great talking point.

£60 seems a good price for the print and the glass will last for years.   I already have glass on some table and Im very tempted to copy you and do something with my coffee table.
2021-4-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 00:28
£60 seems a good price for the print and the glass will last for years.   I already have glass on some table and Im very tempted to copy you and do something with my coffee table.

I am sure you will already know this, you can get clear plastic cupboard door bumper pads to place under the glass so the print isn't in contact with the glass. The print ink solvents won't become trapped and stick to the glass. The pads i used squish out over time and look like contact lenses, hardly noticeable.  I would love to see what you come up with. Your friends will be amazed when they see it.
2021-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 4-3 01:27
I am sure you will already know this, you can get clear plastic cupboard door bumper pads to place under the glass so the print isn't in contact with the glass. The print ink solvents won't become trapped and stick to the glass. The pads i used squish out over time and look like contact lenses, hardly noticeable.  I would love to see what you come up with. Your friends will be amazed when they see it.

thanks,   I hadn't thought of that,  I have some of the bumpers for glass that I will use.     

Who did you use to make the print?    I usually use dscolour labs but I suspect yours is cheaper.
2021-4-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 01:57
thanks,   I hadn't thought of that,  I have some of the bumpers for glass that I will use.     

Colour Monster in Guernsey.
Ask for Damian  01481 244175  damian@colourmonster.com and mention me, Alan Perks suggested them.
Good luck
2021-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules