Go 4 app changes to wrong data on phone after upload..
822 11 2021-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Using Go 4 app version 4.3.40 with a Samsung 10 version 10, which works great and no problems with Mavic 2 Pro. Have now flown about 39 times. However after flying lately I look at the
data on the phone and after uploading to DJI web site under my avatar it changes on the phone.

After coming home after flying 2 flights today, the data on the phone in Go 4 app shows as follows:

Travel distance: 166934m
Flight times: 37
Flight hours: 6:15

After uploding this data to the DJI web site it says on the Go 4 app:

Travel distance: 136954m
Flight times: 29
Flight hours: 4:48

However the flight distance on the web forum increases normally for me.

It was not used to be this earlier. Is there something that I can do to correct this or do I do something wrong.

2021-4-1
Use props
RK7dronzy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

Where are you getting the go 4 app 4.3.40 from when on the android play store it is only 4.3.37?
2021-4-2
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Very strange. Now when I checked the version number it says 4.3.42. I remember questioning DJI about this and they said that I must have the app set to auto update when on. I do not really know where it comes from and assume it is from DJI

2021-4-2
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Screenshot_20210402-113404.jpg
2021-4-2
Use props
RK7dronzy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 4-2 01:44
[view_image][Image]

I can only suggest that you uninstall the app and download the same app from the play store which should be 4.3.37 unless dji has something different to say.
2021-4-3
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

RK7dronzy Posted at 4-3 00:04
I can only suggest that you uninstall the app and download the same app from the play store which should be 4.3.37 unless dji has something different to say.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have thought of this, but I would like to know that if I uninstall the app, will all the data still be there? In many programs it normally leaves the data and then you reinstall the app again. Will wait and see that DJI says first.

Yesterday I flew twice and the program added 3 flights. So there is definitely something wrong.
2021-4-3
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

I think I found a thread about this here under the Mavic Air 2 forum.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D567%26typeid%3D567

I checked that all my flight data had been synced to the cloud and then copied and backed up the whole folder FlightRecords on my computer, as it looks like the flight records may disappear if GO 4 app is uninstalled. I would just like to have confirmed from DJI, that if I uninstall Go 4 app and reinstall it and the copy back the FlightRecords that everything will work as normal again, as this thread was not for the Mavic 2 Pro drone on an Samsung 10 Android 10. I know that this phone is not recommended by DJI, but I have not had any flying problems at all for now 43 flights.
2021-4-4
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Sorry, please ignore the link. Do not know why it refers back to my post when I copied the link when I was on another page and post. But AJ said this:

Unfortunately uploading flight records to the cloud with the fly app is very hit and miss. I have always enabled my flights to upload but some do whilst others don't. Four of my last six flights have not. If I now delete and reinstall the app those four flights will be lost from my records. It may have something to do with the DJI servers at the time of uploading but thats just a guess.  

So there seams to still be a problem with uploads of the actual flight information from the DJI Go 4 app.

2021-4-4
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

RK7dronzy Posted at 4-3 00:04
I can only suggest that you uninstall the app and download the same app from the play store which should be 4.3.37 unless dji has something different to say.

Do you know what data should be copied and saved before doing this, as I learned that someone who deleted the program and re installed lost all data.
2021-4-7
Use props
RK7dronzy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 4-7 07:38
Do you know what data should be copied and saved before doing this, as I learned that someone who deleted the program and re installed lost all data.

I have reinstalled the app severel times and yes you can loose data. Make sure before that you have syncronised your flight records, and logged out of the app. Cached vids and photos will be lost   if you have not deleted them from the app. Personally i do not store my pics and vids on my flight phone but download to another device which is a samsung s5 and android 6. I am running a samsung S5 flight phone with lineage os 17 with app 4.3.37 and have no probs. You issues may be with samsung android 11 and the app but try the version i suggested.
2021-4-8
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

RK7dronzy Posted at 4-8 01:19
I have reinstalled the app severel times and yes you can loose data. Make sure before that you have syncronised your flight records, and logged out of the app. Cached vids and photos will be lost   if you have not deleted them from the app. Personally i do not store my pics and vids on my flight phone but download to another device which is a samsung s5 and android 6. I am running a samsung S5 flight phone with lineage os 17 with app 4.3.37 and have no probs. You issues may be with samsung android 11 and the app but try the version i suggested.

Thanks for your reply.
I have talked to DJI about this and they suggest that I also back up all .log files, which is a lot.
Today I had to reboot my phone for another reason and when looking at the flight logs like times flied, km flown etc it has corrected itself, so I am happy now. Looks like rebooting the phone did the job.
I normally store all photos and videos on the drones SD card and then copy them over to the computer.
Thanks again for your help.
2021-4-8
Use props
RK7dronzy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 4-8 05:47
Thanks for your reply.
I have talked to DJI about this and they suggest that I also back up all .log files, which is a lot.
Today I had to reboot my phone for another reason and when looking at the flight logs like times flied, km flown etc it has corrected itself, so I am happy now. Looks like rebooting the phone did the job.

2021-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules