What now?!!! My Osmo Action is expensive paperweight...
1242 10 2021-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burl3y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6365 ft
United States

Hello DJI/Community,

Was loving my new Osmo Action until I downloaded/installed the newest firmware update!!  Now, I have unusable video clips as the audio is absolutely screwed!  Major interference! Actual needed audio is somewhere in the background barely audible.  AND the 256GB SDXC A2V30 class (3) that I have recorded with for SEVERAL MONTHS, prior to updating firmware, now has an issue with recording speed and won't record more than 15 seconds.  I switch card to a San Disk Extreme 128GB SDXC A2V30 class (3) and solved the record issue but still same audio crap!!  All this happened right after the firmware update (V01.10.00.40)...I have seen other posts about same issues but haven't seen a solution from DJI!  I have started the record sessions in several different ways, as some have suggested, but I don't want a "work around" solution!!  Can I return to the previous firmware version?  I need a solution on how to fix this now expensive paperweight.  I have included a clip of what I get everytime I record! Any and all help would be appreciated!  

Bad Audio Example.m4a.zip

522.01 KB, Down times: 3

Example of audio from clip

2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. I've checked the attachment, it is audio, could you provide the original video for a better analysis? I'll help to forward it to our engineers for a check. By the way, under what circumstances did you use it? Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks.
2021-4-1
Use props
Burl3y
lvl.1
United States

How would you like me to provide the video?  I can't attach anything greater than a 1MB, I don't have a Youtube channel, and you don't accept any format other than a few non video?  All the video I took sounds like the audio sample I sent you just worse.  Each video is 4GB.  Is there a direct link I could use, just let me know?

As for the "circumstances", I was fishing in Florida.  Temperature was about 75 degrees, and it was partly cloudy.  I keep my equipment immaculate and clean after every use while I charge all my batteries (which are  OEM DJI).  Other than that, I don't use an external mic or anything fancy.  Just the camera on an extension mount on my kayak.  But I've even recorded several times, in my office, with the same result!

Please let me know how you would like me to send you a clip.  I can trim the clip down to a 480P.mov clip but still 12MB.  Just let me know in what format and to how to get you a clip.
2021-4-2
Use props
Burl3y
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-1 20:33
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. I've checked the attachment, it is audio, could you provide the original video for a better analysis? I'll help to forward it to our engineers for a check. By the way, under what circumstances did you use it? Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks.

How would you like me to provide the video?  I can't attach anything greater than a 1MB, I don't have a Youtube channel, and you don't accept any format other than a few non video?  All the video I took sounds like the audio sample I sent you just worse.  Each video is 4GB.  Is there a direct link I could use, just let me know?

As for the "circumstances", I was fishing in Florida.  Temperature was about 75 degrees, and it was partly cloudy.  I keep my equipment immaculate and clean after every use while I charge all my batteries (which are  OEM DJI).  Other than that, I don't use an external mic or anything fancy.  Just the camera on an extension mount on my kayak.  But I've even recorded several times, in my office, with the same result!  I listed the SDXC cards, in the original post.  Also, everything was working perfectly and as it should.  When I paired with my phone to check the angle of a shot, App told me I had an firmware update.  When I got back to the house later that evening...I cleaned it, threw the batteries on the charger, dumped the video to the computer and took a quick look(everything as it should be), formated the card for the next day's activities, then I updated the firmware.  Put everything back into the water tight case I use for traveling, and put in the kayak the next morning.  Filmed most of the day and when I got back to the house to go through my process(everything above)...when I took a quick look at the video I heard the nighmare I shared with you.  All the clips were that same unusable audio you heard.  Video seems to be fine, I record 2.7K/60 and pretty much use non-customized settings other than that.  It's just the audio and the type of card I use now.

Please let me know how you would like me to send you a clip.  I can trim the clip down to a 480P.mov clip but still 12MB.  Just let me know in what format and to how to get you a clip.

2021-4-2
Use props
Burl3y
lvl.1
United States

...sorry for the re-post, copy and paste error.
2021-4-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Burl3y Posted at 4-2 06:15

As for the "circumstances", I was fishing in Florida.  Temperature was about 75 degrees, and it was partly cloudy.  I keep my equipment immaculate and clean after every use while I charge all my batteries (which are  OEM DJI).  Other than that, I don't use an external mic or anything fancy.  Just the camera on an extension mount on my kayak.  But I've even recorded several times, in my office, with the same result!  I listed the SDXC cards, in the original post.  Also, everything was working perfectly and as it should.  When I paired with my phone to check the angle of a shot, App told me I had an firmware update.  When I got back to the house later that evening...I cleaned it, threw the batteries on the charger, dumped the video to the computer and took a quick look(everything as it should be), formated the card for the next day's activities, then I updated the firmware.  Put everything back into the water tight case I use for traveling, and put in the kayak the next morning.  Filmed most of the day and when I got back to the house to go through my process(everything above)...when I took a quick look at the video I heard the nighmare I shared with you.  All the clips were that same unusable audio you heard.  Video seems to be fine, I record 2.7K/60 and pretty much use non-customized settings other than that.  It's just the audio and the type of card I use now.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. You may upload the original video to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us. Thanks.
2021-4-5
Use props
Burl3y
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-5 04:12
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. You may upload the original video to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us. Thanks.

Hello DJI, Here is the link from my Dropbox of the clip I sent you.  Here is the link:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/msvjzorkdcm9tqk/AADbwxmEgiXK2DKJzHcPvmw2a?dl=0   Please let me know if you can access the clip AND more importantly…how do we fix this problem or return?  Thank you!  Chad Burleson
2021-4-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Burl3y Posted at 4-8 09:01
Hello DJI, Here is the link from my Dropbox of the clip I sent you.  Here is the link:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/msvjzorkdcm9tqk/AADbwxmEgiXK2DKJzHcPvmw2a?dl=0   Please let me know if you can access the clip AND more importantly…how do we fix this problem or return?  Thank you!  Chad Burleson

Got it. I'll help to download and forward it to our engineers for a check. Thanks.
2021-4-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Burl3y Posted at 4-8 09:01

Sorry to have kept you waiting. We have checked the video, you are recommended to send it in for a diagnosis. Please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thanks.
2021-4-8
Use props
Burl3y
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-8 22:22
Sorry to have kept you waiting. We have checked the video, you are recommended to send it in for a diagnosis. Please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thanks.

The link you send me to contact support was a bad link "404 Error - link not found"!  I really would like to get this camera corrected and it feels like this is taking forever!  Please send me the right link so I can get this fixed!  Thank you!
I actually went on the support page and am sending the camera in tomorrow to be diagnosed.
2021-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Burl3y Posted at 4-11 11:01
The link you send me to contact support was a bad link "404 Error - link not found"!  I really would like to get this camera corrected and it feels like this is taking forever!  Please send me the right link so I can get this fixed!  Thank you!
I actually went on the support page and am sending the camera in tomorrow to be diagnosed.

Sorry for the late response. I had double-checked the link, there is no error. You may try another browser.

I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, our team will take care of your case after receiving the package.

Sorry again for all the inconvenience caused.
2021-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules