Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

Hi
I got a Mini 2 replacement unit.

When it arrived, I checked the camera and did an indoor test flight. It performed normally.
Then I updated the firmware the same day.

Today I went to the beach and flew to drone. Sometimes the camera feed freezes out of the blue, but everything else works fine. If I was recording at the time it freezes, the video does get saved to the SD card normally, so it is just the live transmission feed's problem.

Do you think it is related to firmware update?
Will refreshing firmware update using the DJI assistant help?

Thank you!

2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, could you please check if there is an error message prompt in your app when the camera feed freezes? You may change different flight environments where there is no magnetic interference to see if the issue persists or not.

By the way, the DJI Mini 2 cannot currently use DJI Assistant 2 (for consumer series) for firmware updates. Please update the firmware via the DJI FLY App (When launching the App, there is a prompt displaying the firmware update required). Thanks.
2021-4-1
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-1 22:34
Hi there, could you please check if there is an error message prompt in your app when the camera feed freezes? You may change different flight environments where there is no magnetic interference to see if the issue persists or not.

By the way, the DJI Mini 2 cannot currently use DJI Assistant 2 (for consumer series) for firmware updates. Please update the firmware via the DJI FLY App (When launching the App, there is a prompt displaying the firmware update required). Thanks.
Firmware is all up to date and there is no warnings in the app when it freezes. The camera still moves and functions adequately, it is just that the live transmission feed cuts out suddenly. There isn’t a single cell tower near so it isn’t interference. Also all the compass calibration I did there failed.
My first Mini 2 never had this problem.

I will do some tests tomorrow.
2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jackie-Gan Posted at 4-1 23:00
Firmware is all up to date and there is no warnings in the app when it freezes. The camera still moves and functions adequately, it is just that the live transmission feed cuts out suddenly. There isn’t a single cell tower near so it isn’t interference. Also all the compass calibration I did there failed.
My first Mini 2 never had this problem.

Got it. Please keep me updated. Hope everything goes smoothly.
2021-4-1
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-1 23:05
Got it. Please keep me updated. Hope everything goes smoothly.

I successfully performed the compass calibration.
I will do a test flight to check for the camera transmission problem later today.
2021-4-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jackie-Gan Posted at 4-2 10:59
I successfully performed the compass calibration.
I will do a test flight to check for the camera transmission problem later today.

Got it. Thanks for your update.
2021-4-4
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-4 02:07
Got it. Thanks for your update.

Hi, I tested the drone in the past days and the problem seems to be solved
2021-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jackie-Gan Posted at 4-5 11:09
Hi, I tested the drone in the past days and the problem seems to be solved

Thank you so much for your update, glad to know that everything went smoothly. Hope you have a nice day.
2021-4-6
Use props
scarrz
lvl.1

United States

So did the compass calibration fix your issue? My new Mini 2 is doing the same thing with the freezing of the live stream for a second or two then back to normal. Seems to happen when I’m turning or spin quickly.  All firmware is up to date and my first compass calibration seemed to work fine.

At take off one time I did get a magnetic interference message but seemed to clear.
2021-4-26
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

scarrz Posted at 4-26 18:51
So did the compass calibration fix your issue? My new Mini 2 is doing the same thing with the freezing of the live stream for a second or two then back to normal. Seems to happen when I’m turning or spin quickly.  All firmware is up to date and my first compass calibration seemed to work fine.

At take off one time I did get a magnetic interference message but seemed to clear.

Yeah, sometimes it still happens. Magnetic interference most likely causes the problem. I found out that compass calibrations inside the car usually fail, and if I get like 5 m or 15ft away, the compass succeeds.
So compass calibrations SHOULD fix it, but not sure. just stay away from magnetic interference and you're good.
2021-4-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jackie-Gan Posted at 4-26 19:31
Yeah, sometimes it still happens. Magnetic interference most likely causes the problem. I found out that compass calibrations inside the car usually fail, and if I get like 5 m or 15ft away, the compass succeeds.
So compass calibrations SHOULD fix it, but not sure. just stay away from magnetic interference and you're good.

Why i am not surprised but 'shocked'....

"I found out that compass calibrations inside the car usually fail"

Only if you car is totally made from plastic a compass calib inside the car does not fail...

TIP do you always check the compass heading in the FlyApp mapview (before take-off) and compare with the actual heading of your drone, if not the same : do not fly!
(probaby the most important pre-flight check)
Happy many landings,
cheers
JJB
2021-4-27
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

JJB* Posted at 4-27 00:57
Why i am not surprised but 'shocked'....

"I found out that compass calibrations inside the car usually fail"

Thanks, I will do that!
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_QRZWsMvD0Rvz
lvl.1

Portugal

I have a mini 2 and camera freeze too. Any solution? I think send that to the warranty because I only have them since 1 week ago.
2021-8-20
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

DJI Support might be able to help.
2021-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not one of you mention (at the very least the top one), firmware was mentioned at least;

• device make/model?
  • android version?
  • FCC or CE? (including forced FCC, could be important)
  • was the Fly app upgraded prior to this issue?
  • was the Mini 2 firmware upgraded prior to this issue?

You shouldnt need to calibrate the compass, and most certainly never  inside a car.
If the app warns you about the compass calibration, turn off  the AC (drone), move it away  from any metals
that could interfere magnetically, not limited to;
concrete (rebar), screws, bolts, railings, park benches, cars, speakers etc...

If you have done a compass calibration, go to an area of grass free of anything within 20ft other than grass.
Have the controller/smart device 1 side of you and the AC at arms length on the other side, have nothing in
your pockets that could interfere with a compass, not sure about keys etc, the do one last calibration and dont
do any more
2021-8-20
Use props
pilot_wagsy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30728 ft
Germany

I had this feed freeze issue with my Mini 2 as well. It happened about 3 times randomly, with different firmwares and app versions.

Luckily, I could see where the drone was and managed to fly it back to home point without using the video feed.

Then it went for about 4 months with no issues. I did many flights over this last summer in Europe and had no issues.

Last night I updated the app (Android) to the latest version and went for a fly today and guess what: the live video feed froze again while the drone was flying and about 800m away. I did panic a bit, but then I switched to the Map view and was able to fly it back to the home point.

Now I'm reallyl afraid it will happen again during my next flight...
Model: DJI Mini 2
Aircaft firmware: 01.03.0000
RD Firmware: 04.11.0016
App version (Android): 1.4.12 on Samsung S21

@Natalie, any advice?

Thank you.

2021-10-17
Use props
theSkyhound
lvl.2

United States

Starting in September, I began to experience disconnects often. So yesterday, I updated to the DJI Fly App version 1.4.12 (Android). Then I calibrated the IMU and Compass. Unfortunately, now my live video is freezing.  As others reported, everything else continues to work. This happened in two different remote locations with no nearby interference. Both times it was soon after starting a recording. I closed the App and restarted it, but it failed to connect automatically. I had to select Connect Guide, then Camera, and then it did connect, but the video was still not working. I power cycled the controller, and after cancelling the RTH, I was able to get live video again, but when I started recording, it froze again after a a minute or so. I landed the drone and powered everything off. After restarting everything, I started the video recording before flying and left it on, and only then was able to finish the flight. Latest firmware.

EDIT: after several more days I am finding that the video freezes most of the time when I start recording after taking off. The only way I can use my drone reliably is to start recording before taking off, and continue recording until I land.

2021-10-20
Use props
theSkyhound
lvl.2

United States

theSkyhound Posted at 10-20 17:35
Starting in September, I began to experience disconnects often. So yesterday, I updated to the DJI Fly App version 1.4.12 (Android). Then I calibrated the IMU and Compass. Unfortunately, now my live video is freezing.  As others reported, everything else continues to work. This happened in two different remote locations with no nearby interference. Both times it was soon after starting a recording. I closed the App and restarted it, but it failed to connect automatically. I had to select Connect Guide, then Camera, and then it did connect, but the video was still not working. I power cycled the controller, and after cancelling the RTH, I was able to get live video again, but when I started recording, it froze again after a a minute or so. I landed the drone and powered everything off. After restarting everything, I started the video recording before flying and left it on, and only then was able to finish the flight. Latest firmware.

EDIT: after several more days I am finding that the video freezes most of the time when I start recording after taking off. The only way I can use my drone reliably is to start recording before taking off, and continue recording until I land.

The very latest download of the Android 1.4.12 App resolved my problem!
2021-10-24
Use props
fans8489d44d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1010446 ft
Italy

Sometimes my drone freeze live video streaming when gimbal point 90 degree down.   It is not a real freeze in my case. Artifacts appear in the video. Stopping the recording and restarting it, everything returns to normal.  App 1.4.8
2021-10-24
Use props
djiuser_eqgpNh1HOKYn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7378875 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-1 22:34

after update 1.5.4. My Mini 2 is freezing camera is freezing up.after landing
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_CBcVlA18tf3B
lvl.1

New Zealand

I have a new DJI mini 2. I've used it for 6 hours and 44km with no problems. Suddenly for the last week the camera suddenly freezes or blacks out with every flight. I use app version 1.5.4 with a Galaxy A52s. I'm sure it is a problem with the DJI software, but what to do is the question?
2021-12-13
Use props
djiuser_CBcVlA18tf3B
lvl.1

New Zealand

djiuser_eqgpNh1HOKYn Posted at 12-12 14:38
after update 1.5.4. My Mini 2 is freezing camera is freezing up.after landing

I have the same problem after the 1.5.4 update.
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_CBcVlA18tf3B
lvl.1

New Zealand

djiuser_CBcVlA18tf3B Posted at 2021-12-13 22:25
I have a new DJI mini 2. I've used it for 6 hours and 44km with no problems. Suddenly for the last week the camera suddenly freezes or blacks out with every flight. I use app version 1.5.4 with a Galaxy A52s. I'm sure it is a problem with the DJI software, but what to do is the question?

Problem solved after new update the next day. Have been testing it for a few weeks now.
2022-1-5
Use props
djiuser_t0hPioyrW5s0
New

United States

I have a brand new replacement Mini2, last one was a fly away. This one has camera/video freezes. The camera moves on the device, but the video is frozen to the moment it turns on and cannot correct it, all firmware is updated and drone is barely been flown due to this issue. can someone help please?
2022-5-29
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2021-4-1 22:34

It most certainly can update using Assistant 2.
Why are you not providing accurate information?

I will be happy to show you how.
In fact there is nothing I'd enjoy more.
2022-5-29
Use props
fans6c35e842
New

United States

djiuser_t0hPioyrW5s0 Posted at 5-29 13:03
I have a brand new replacement Mini2, last one was a fly away. This one has camera/video freezes. The camera moves on the device, but the video is frozen to the moment it turns on and cannot correct it, all firmware is updated and drone is barely been flown due to this issue. can someone help please?

I have the exact same problem.  Call DJI and they were not able to help fix the problem.
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6c35e842 Posted at 5-30 09:22
I have the exact same problem.  Call DJI and they were not able to help fix the problem.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have sent you PM, please have a check. And you can check your PM like the below photo:

1.png
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_t0hPioyrW5s0 Posted at 5-29 13:03
I have a brand new replacement Mini2, last one was a fly away. This one has camera/video freezes. The camera moves on the device, but the video is frozen to the moment it turns on and cannot correct it, all firmware is updated and drone is barely been flown due to this issue. can someone help please?

Hello, there. Please check the following steps:
1. Check whether your aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update to the latest versions first.
2. Check whether your aircraft’s flight distance has exceeded the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller signal (it is normal that the image transmission freezes when the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller is exceeded).
3. Check your remote controller antenna position (refer to the User Manual of each model for the best position of the remote controller antenna).
4. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment ( please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check real-time channel quality. If the interference is significant, recommend changing the flight environment).
5. Check whether the channel selection is set to Auto in the image transmission settings of the corresponding app. (Set the channel selection to “Auto”, and if the interference is still high, recommend changing the flight environment.)
6. Check whether your device is too hot. (Cool it for a while before the flight. For most mobile devices, when the temperature rises to a certain threshold value, it will automatically decelerate the data processing speed.)
7. Check whether your device is on the compatibility list (we recommend changing to a device on the compatibility list and trying again).
8. Check whether the USB cable has been changed.
9. Check whether the original video in the microSD card also has freezing (If it is, send the product to a DJI Repair Service Center for repair).
If you still meet the same problem after these steps, we recommend that you send it back to us, and we
will help to take care of it. You can send the drone back via this link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2022-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules