o(^-^)o
VirtualGeol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6770951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
I am new to the M300, so apologies if this is an obvious question
I was manual flying yesterday and the map loaded to the controller is a very basic map box outline of the whole country.
When I fly my P4P or Mavic2 the app gets the appropriate map via the cellular service.
How do I upload more detailed maps to the M300 controller?
There is nothing obvious in the manual
Thanks
John
2021-4-2
Use props
VirtualGeol
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have sorted it now :-)
2021-4-2
Use props
Leofuica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1107146 ft
  • >>>
Chile

How do that's?
2021-7-21
Use props
Leofuica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1107146 ft
  • >>>
Chile

How do that's?
2021-7-21
Use props
Mayotte Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925331 ft
  • >>>
Réunion

Hi, I have the same problem... How did you solve this please ?
2021-8-4
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

If I understand the question, there are two types of map displays on the M300RTK controller. The first is a simple vector image and the other is a satellite view.

The Smart Controller must have an internet connection to display either type of map.

When the map display is set to the simple vector lines, you can switch to satellite by pressing the layer icon shown with a red circle on this screenshot...

This brings up a vector icon and a satellite icon, as shown here...

If you select the satellite view, it looks like this...

This view has the ability to show significant detail, although usually not a very recent image...

To test the ability of the Smart Controller to cache images, I disable the internet connection, did a complete power reset, and with no internet connection, went back to the same spot I have never flown or visited before, and got the same high resolution image.

2021-8-7
Use props
alcidesvl
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

- Sin duda la opción más importante que falta integrar es “cargar mapas offline” en lugares que no hay señal de celular no hay forma de cargar y visualizar el plan de vuelo, por lo tanto no es posible hacer trabajos en zonas rurales sin señal de internet (URGENTE).
Hicimos la prueba de cargar los mapas en cache, pero una vez que sales de la misión se pierde, por lo tanto la conclusión que tenemos es que el Pilot de la Matrice 300 RTK sirve solo para zonas urbanas.
2021-9-1
Use props
VirtualGeol
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5b25584c Posted at 2021-8-7 11:54
If I understand the question, there are two types of map displays on the M300RTK controller. The first is a simple vector image and the other is a satellite view.

The Smart Controller must have an internet connection to display either type of map.

Thanks very much for the detailed reply -  hopefully your efforts will be of use to others as well.
Best Regards
John
2022-1-28
Use props
Honzi-czech
lvl.1

New Zealand

fans5b25584c Posted at 2021-8-7 11:54
If I understand the question, there are two types of map displays on the M300RTK controller. The first is a simple vector image and the other is a satellite view.

Hi,

What if you don't have an internet connection?
Cheers
2022-2-23
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

I tend to fly in 4 or 5 places over and over again doing environmental surveys, and for some reason, my controller has cached a moderately detailed satellite image of all these the areas, which shows on the screen when I fly.

I carry a cell tower hot spot for internet connection but haven't used it in months.

Why my system captures an area in the cache when I make the mission at home as shown in my example above, and other users don't have that, I don't understand.

I would expect there are Android settings controlling the existence or size of a background cache for the flight app, but I have never made any changes to any settings.

I only fly mapping missions, so maybe the trick is to make a throw away mapping mission of where you intend to fly to freeze the cache, then see if the satellite image stays when you actually get there.

2022-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules