Reset Spark Controller
892 5 2021-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ExperiMentor
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a new Spark and added a second hand Remote Controller. I can update the Spark using DJI Assistant 2, but nothing happens if I connect the Remote Controller, DJI Assistant does not recognise that a device has been plugged in. Should it be possible to update the controller in this way? I would like to do a factory reset and update because I have the following problems:
  • RTH button does nothing - not really a problem
  • Pushing both joysticks in does not cause take-off - not really a problem
  • Was initially otherwise working properly, but now I am getting a repeated cycle of 'Warning: Camera Sensor Error' and 'No Image Transmission Signal'. This is now very frequent (signal OK for 8 seconds, then fails for 2-3 seconds, OK for 8 seconds, fails for 2-3 seconds etc. If in flight, this tries to force a RTH). Occasionally there is 'Warning: Vision System Error' or 'Weak Image Transmission Signal'
    For this, I have tried resetting the Spark, with no effect, but it would seem worthwhile resetting/updating the controller too.

However, I am more suspicious that the problem is with the Spark, as a 'continuous' video recorded on SD card (even without taking off) is 5 or 6 files per minute, each with duration of 2 to 4 seconds - ie the video is interrupted, not just transmission to controller.

Finally, is it normal that video files have a timestamp 2 hours ahead of correct time? Still images have the correct timestamp, but videos in beteen stills are timestamped 2 hours later.

Ideas and suggestions for things to check please, before needing to send in for repair. Is it controller or Spark that is faulty?

2021-4-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ExperiMentor. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're encountering. The Spark's remote controller can only be updated via the DJI GO 4. We suggest that you refresh or update the aircraft's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the Camera Sensor Error, video recording issue, and timestamp could disappear. Regarding the RTH button not working, please make sure that the home point has been set and you have enough stable GPS signal before initiating the RTH. You can also try the other way to initiate the motors and see if that works.
2021-4-3
Use props
ExperiMentor
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-3 00:49
Hi, ExperiMentor. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're encountering. The Spark's remote controller can only be updated via the DJI GO 4. We suggest that you refresh or update the aircraft's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the Camera Sensor Error, video recording issue, and timestamp could disappear. Regarding the RTH button not working, please make sure that the home point has been set and you have enough stable GPS signal before initiating the RTH. You can also try the other way to initiate the motors and see if that works.
[view_image]

Thank you!

I downgraded the Spark firmware then allowed DJI Go4 to upgrade it again. DJI Go4 is saying firmware is up-to-date - that includes both Spark and controller does it? My complaint about video timestamps has not been fixed or changed by that.

Sticks diagonally down and in or down and out start the motors as you suggested, but isn't what my instructions say. Which guidance / manual is that picture taken from?  Some previous firmware update?

RTH works perfectly if I tap the icon on the phone screen, but nothing at all happens if I press the RC button.

And what about the camera issue - any suggestions?
2021-4-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ExperiMentor Posted at 4-3 02:58
Thank you!

I downgraded the Spark firmware then allowed DJI Go4 to upgrade it again. DJI Go4 is saying firmware is up-to-date - that includes both Spark and controller does it? My complaint about video timestamps has not been fixed or changed by that.

Thank you!

Please go to the General Settings > About of the DJI GO 4 upon connecting your aircraft and remote to your mobile device to confirm whether both are already running the latest version. The aircraft should be on V 01.00.1000 while the remote is V 01.00.0600.

Regarding the video timestamp, it normally relies on the time and date set on your mobile device. Another option that you can check is if your DJI GO 4 is updated. For iOS, just search the DJI GO 4 in App Store while for Android, please download the latest DJI GO 4 at this link:  https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Sticks diagonally down and in or down and out start the motors as you suggested, but isn't what my instructions say. Which guidance / manual is that picture taken from?  Some previous firmware update?

For the CSC, please refer to the Spark User Manual v1.6 page 48: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.6_en.pdf

And what about the camera issue - any suggestions?

Based on the warning, you're experiencing vision system issues and signal interruption. We suggest to check the bottom vision sensor and try to clean it with a clean piece of cloth. It is also suggested to fly the aircraft during daylight. To have a consistent signal, please check and follow the video below to greatly improve the image transmission.
2021-4-3
Use props
ExperiMentor
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-3 05:50
Thank you!

Update: From DJI GO 4 General Settings / About, both craft and controller are at the latest firmware versions.
I re-downloaded the App and also 'refreshed' the craft firmware and the video timestamp problem seems to have resolved.
From the instruction manual, I now see that the RTH button on the RC needs 'Press and Hold', whilst the icon on phone just needs 'One Touch'. I forgot to test but quite likely that's been the problem.
But the camera hasn't improved. But with further observation, I find a pattern that may help diagnose the problem.  When the craft is first turned on, the camera works fine for both video and stills for the first 3-4 minutes. After that it does not work, as follows:
a) the video gets 'interference fringes' - can still see the image, but useless for any actual use. It's the same on SD card and transmitted to controller. The fringes change shape as different propellers speed and slow. The still pictures also have interference, but less marked - fine vertical lines throughout, again on SD card as well as transmitted to controller
b) The picture fails 'Camera Sensor Error' (or occasionally 'Vision System Error') and 'No Image Transmission Signal (occasionally 'Weak Image transmission Signal'). Typically it is 'On' for 3 seconds, 'Off' for 5 seconds, On for 3 , Off for 5, etc sequence  repeats forever. The fault is in the raft not the transmission, because if I ask for video recording continuously, I get a 3 minute perfect video, then it closes that file and gives me many files each with 3 -4 seconds of distorted interference fringed video, around about 5 files per minute.
My guess is that what is happening is overheating after the craft has been switched on for 3-4 minutes? Its the same if I just turn the craft on without ever taking off - the video fails as described after 3-4 minutes. But if I leave it switch off for an hour or it goes back to normal.

But then there was a new problem on my most recent flight. Took off OK, then immediately reported Weak GPS signal despite receiving 15 satellites, together with Compass Interference and Vision System failure. Craft got blown downwind 100m, out of sight. I was amazed that from the intermittent vision I was able to work out where it was  and managed to get the craft back despite obstacles.

I think I have reached the end of trying things and need to send the craft in for warranty repair. Or is there something else to be tried first?
2021-4-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ExperiMentor Posted at 4-7 14:00
Update: From DJI GO 4 General Settings / About, both craft and controller are at the latest firmware versions.
I re-downloaded the App and also 'refreshed' the craft firmware and the video timestamp problem seems to have resolved.
From the instruction manual, I now see that the RTH button on the RC needs 'Press and Hold', whilst the icon on phone just needs 'One Touch'. I forgot to test but quite likely that's been the problem.

We're sorry that you're still experiencing some issues with your DJI Spark. It is best and suggested returning your unit back to our Service Center so that it can be check properly. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support to assist you to open a ticket. We hope that this could be resolved immediately.
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules