5664 56 2021-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

jweaver Posted at 4-15 01:03
And now the video is gone.. Isn't that supicious?

It surely is... Maybe because of the crash they took it down (obviously the guy's fault, but you never know). Or maybe Fimi also has embargo dates on what can be shown like DJI, nvidia etc...
2021-4-15
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

I would not call it a killer... but at some way lower price it might be interesting product. depends what extra option Fimi devs will add to it - it might be more attractive if it got like decent tracking, or some SDK/3rd party apps compatibility in future.
IMHO Fimi failed with weight... the need to buy extra "pro" battery outside of normal set - (which will get You under 250g) will scare away a lot of customers. and this "pro" battery might be not only hard to buy, but also might have less capacity = shorter flighttime
2021-4-16
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

I agree totally! there is no reason why we can't at least get active tracking and waypoints, only reason they want us buying the Air 2. But big ups to the Fimi it will surely compete. And at bare minimum when will the SDK be released then for Litchi if DJI doesn't want to invest time into giving us these options themselves...
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_a6AWwZIIYnWb
New
Canada

Hey folks. New to the mini 2. Would have loved to get the air 2 but needed something as light and packable as possible. For 95% of what I'll be shooting, it's features and ability are great. However, it does seem silly that such a capable drone doesn't have active track, given it is already capable of tracking using quick shots, and way point.

So I emailed Litchi, and they're waiting for DJI to release SDK support for the mini 2. This will allow them to add support for it in their app and unlock the follow me/ active track, and way point features.

I'm going to email DJI and if more of you do the same DJI might just release SDK for the mini 2 sooner. Worth a shot.
2021-4-16
Use props
Niflheim The Dude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 533048 ft
Romania

djiuser_a6AWwZIIYnWb Posted at 4-16 05:14
Hey folks. New to the mini 2. Would have loved to get the air 2 but needed something at light and packable as possible. For 95% of what I'll be shopping it's features and ability are great. However, it does seem silly that such a capable drone doesn't have active track, given it is already capable of tracking using quick shots, and way point.

So I emailed Litchi, and they're waiting for DJI to release SDK support for the mini 2. This will allow them to add support for it in their app and unlock the follow me/ active track abs easy point features.

DJI doesn`t care, wants you to buy the more expensive drone.
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_a6AWwZIIYnWb
New
Canada

Niflheim The Dude Posted at 4-16 05:17
DJI doesn`t care, wants you to buy the more expensive drone.

The options are to send an email to DJI, or sit here complaining about the Mini 2 drawbacks.
What ever floats your boat.
2021-4-16
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1478136 ft
Spain

I own both drones (Mavic Mini and X8 MINI), If you have a specific question regarding them, just drop a comment.
In my FIMI X8 MINI review you can find more information about this drone, including active track test and sample videos.
2021-5-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Nice review, thanks a lot. Can you please comment on the noise levels of both? It might be the microhpne setup but in a few review videos fimi sounded pretty quiet...
2021-5-20
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Also how the two compare in terms of video noise.
2021-5-21
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Romania

CemAygun Posted at 5-20 19:41
Nice review, thanks a lot. Can you please comment on the noise levels of both? It might be the microhpne setup but in a few review videos fimi sounded pretty quiet...

Yes, I felt the FIMI MINI more quiet. I will try to make the test you requested. You want the sound in idle mode on the ground, or in hovering mode (1m above the ground)?
2021-5-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

FirstQuadcopter Posted at 5-21 08:35
Yes, I felt the FIMI MINI more quiet. I will try to make the test you requested. You want the sound in idle mode on the ground, or in hovering mode (1m above the ground)?

Hovering would be great, thanks a lot in advance. As Tuxtard said, video noise under low light test would also be interesting to see as fimi has a smaller sensor. They don't need to be flying at all, side by side on a table would do
2021-5-21
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Romania

Fimi MINI noise level: 1m meter distance and right above it
2021-5-31
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

FirstQuadcopter Posted at 5-31 21:50
Fimi MINI noise level: 1m meter distance and right above it [view_image]

From the tests I could find online, the Mini 2, at about a meter away produces around 70dB. Of course it is impossible to compare if the conditions are not the same, but i guess Fimi is really quieter...

Thanks a lot for the test by the way.

2021-5-31
Use props
Serhii Slipushenko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7795459 ft
Ukraine

IMO, FIMI X8 MINI is great hope for DJI users. I think it should push DJI to listen to their customer's requests. As a Mavic Mini and Mini 2 owner, I wouldn't even consider buying Mini 3 if the current DJI strategy of creating marketing limitations and selling un-tested hardware remains the same.
2021-6-1
Use props
kyokushinkai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133317 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sold my Mini2 and got the FiMi Mini and love it. At least I dont have to contact DJI to fly when I get a LAANC
2021-7-2
Use props
kyokushinkai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133317 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sold my DJI Mini 2 and got the FiMi Mini, at least I dont have to call DJI for clearance or lock out!
2021-7-2
Use props
xjordyx
New

Slovakia

Good day. I have a FIMI X8 drone. I changed the name of the WIFI network X8Min_ to a new name and now I don't see this network, so I can't connect my mobile to this new wifi network. I have a switch on the drone in the wifi position. What should I do? Can't I do a hard reset with the drone and get to the factory settings? I do not see wifi network drone . Thank you very much for your help

https://youtu.be/yAkgwsrzOiw
2022-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules