SD Card error with new FPV combo
9358 24 2021-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

Hi all,

bought a new FPV combo but having issues with the SD card. I am using a SanDisk Extreme card an I am able to record videos. The card is into the Goggles.
When done I am able to watch the video in the Goggles but when connection it to my pc with the USB cable it is not recognized as a device and it tells me I have to format the device. I formatted the SD card inside the Goggles. Also when putting the card into the pc, it tells me to format it. There are several users having the same problem. Any advice or help?
2021-4-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Spaxs. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We recommend restarting your desktop/laptop to see if that would make the prompt to format your microSD card disappear. Please also check if the problem would persist when you try and format your microSD card to your desktop/laptop. If you have a different microSD card, we suggest testing it to confirm whether the problem would be resolved.  
2021-4-3
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-3 00:08
Hi, Spaxs. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We recommend restarting your desktop/laptop to see if that would make the prompt to format your microSD card disappear. Please also check if the problem would persist when you try and format your microSD card to your desktop/laptop. If you have a different microSD card, we suggest testing it to confirm whether the problem would be resolved.

Morning. This is exactly what I already did. I am working as an It technician for more then 25 yrs now. I am pretty sure I did everything to find out where the problem is.
As mentioned in my post above I am not the only one with this. And yes, I also tried with another SD card. It works to show the video within the goggles but as soon as connecting to the pc the card wants to be new formatted. This I annoying because I have to save the videos to the pc. It does not help when they are only available at the glasses.
And yes, I updated all devices to latest version, Goggles and Copter as well.
2021-4-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Spaxs Posted at 4-3 00:14
Morning. This is exactly what I already did. I am working as an It technician for more then 25 yrs now. I am pretty sure I did everything to find out where the problem is.
As mentioned in my post above I am not the only one with this. And yes, I also tried with another SD card. It works to show the video within the goggles but as soon as connecting to the pc the card wants to be new formatted. This I annoying because I have to save the videos to the pc. It does not help when they are only available at the glasses.
And yes, I updated all devices to latest version, Goggles and Copter as well.

Thanks for your prompt response. Have you already tried to format the microSD card on your desktop/laptop, plug the microSD card back into the DJI FPV, take a quick video, remove the microSD card from the aircraft, and put it back to your desktop/laptop? If you have not, please try to test it out and see if the same result would occur. If you could also upload a screenshot of the exact prompting to your desktop/laptop, that would be appreciated.
2021-4-3
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-3 05:35
Thanks for your prompt response. Have you already tried to format the microSD card on your desktop/laptop, plug the microSD card back into the DJI FPV, take a quick video, remove the microSD card from the aircraft, and put it back to your desktop/laptop? If you have not, please try to test it out and see if the same result would occur. If you could also upload a screenshot of the exact prompting to your desktop/laptop, that would be appreciated.

OK this seems to make a difference. When the pc is formatting the SD Card and it is put back to the Goggles it is working when connecting the Goggles to the PC with the USB cable afterwards. And this is a work around that somebody else already told me. So there seems to be an issue when you are formatting the SD card within the Goggles via the menu. I guess there is a bug that needs to be fixed.
2021-4-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Spaxs Posted at 4-3 09:41
OK this seems to make a difference. When the pc is formatting the SD Card and it is put back to the Goggles it is working when connecting the Goggles to the PC with the USB cable afterwards. And this is a work around that somebody else already told me. So there seems to be an issue when you are formatting the SD card within the Goggles via the menu. I guess there is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Many thanks and we'll have this check with our team. Should there be any updates, we'll keep you posted.
2021-4-3
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-3 23:16
Many thanks and we'll have this check with our team. Should there be any updates, we'll keep you posted.

You are welcome. Further info about the pc: Windows 10 64bit, latest updates, running on an Intel based CPU. Issue seems to come up when formatting SD Card in Googles, connect it to pc via USB. Or it may be that you format in Goggles, put in into pc slot an back to googles, record and try to put back to pc. Just try to reproduce it on your side. Good luck.
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_qK6xKvIOaimO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 709331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anybody checked the USB drivers in your PC and make sure it's the most up to date drivers. Many people turn off updates and this happens.
Once you have downloaded the driver, follow the same steps as with the Device Manager solution:

Start device manager
Expand the USB devices
Select the USB device where you want to update the driver
Right-click the device and again take the “update driver” option
In this method, you will select the option to “Browse my computer” for the new driver:
Sounds silly but many times overlooked. Especially after an upgrade
2021-4-4
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Spaxs Posted at 4-3 09:41

When you formatted the card in the PC did you use the "quick format" option?
I've got my SD card working again but I had to use a slow format.

I'm not sure if the slow format step is actually what solved me problem or not. It might have been something else.

I don't know if it's really an issue or not, but I've had some SD card not behave well if I don't use the "eject" option before removing the SD card from the PC.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us so we don't think we're going crazy when see so many SD card issues.
2021-4-4
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

As mentioned above my system is on latest update. This include drivers as well. I am having no troubles but with dji glasses. I was quick formatting the card in pc.
2021-4-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Spaxs Posted at 4-3 23:36
You are welcome. Further info about the pc: Windows 10 64bit, latest updates, running on an Intel based CPU. Issue seems to come up when formatting SD Card in Googles, connect it to pc via USB. Or it may be that you format in Goggles, put in into pc slot an back to googles, record and try to put back to pc. Just try to reproduce it on your side. Good luck.

Hi, sorry but we're having difficulties recreating the issue you have submitted on our end and we suggest that you export your DJI FPV Goggles v2 data by connecting it to the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series). You can upload the logs via DropBox or GoogleDrive and post the link here. In addition, we would appreciate it if you could post a screenshot of your DJI FPV Goggles v2 current firmware once it is connected via the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series). Thanks for your cooperating and looking forward to your update.
2021-4-9
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1241486 ft
  • >>>
United States

My issue is very similar, except the PC complains that the card needs to be repaired, not formatted.

I have tried using 4 different cards, and swapping them in and out of the goggles and aircraft (formatting in the goggles for each use). Every card complains when coming from recording in goggles, but works fine when coming from formatting in the aircraft.

Also, the files recorded on the card from the goggles are often unreadable. (After repairing card, they open on the PC when copied to the hard drive, but often have no content... as if there is something wrong with the metadata.)

Called DJI support and they suggested I send in the goggles. I haven't yet done that.
2021-4-12
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

bluesgeek Posted at 4-12 20:53
My issue is very similar, except the PC complains that the card needs to be repaired, not formatted.

I have tried using 4 different cards, and swapping them in and out of the goggles and aircraft (formatting in the goggles for each use). Every card complains when coming from recording in goggles, but works fine when coming from formatting in the aircraft.
Let them some time to find out what happens there. As mentioned in the main thread I told them I am not alone. There are several users in a Facebook group suffering from this issue. I guess it is not a problem of the Goggles. I think it's related to the firmware of the glasses.
2021-4-12
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are a lot of fake Sandisk cards out there, even being sold on Amazon, you can check the authenticity on the Sandisk Website.

Just a thought to eliminate that possibility.
2021-4-13
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1241486 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sent my goggles in for repair and they replaced the SD card slot.
2021-6-9
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

bluesgeek Posted at 6-9 17:36
I sent my goggles in for repair and they replaced the SD card slot.

Sounds good but I don't think this error is due to a broken SD slot. The card is recognized and working when formatted each time before recording new. However when it helped in your case its great.
2021-6-9
Use props
Danger Danger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114751 ft
United States

I have the same problerm. I don't have a fix but I do have a work around. It is a pain in the ass but here it is.  The files are on the card and not currupted. Download Woundershare Recoverit.  Here is the link. https://recoverit.wondershare.com/data-recovery.html?utm_source=link_in_product&utm_medium=ownmedia. Joshua Bardwell believes with the latest DJI update this problem happen. On the Vista Air Unit it is worse. Now it is useless because It won't record anything.
2021-7-14
Use props
sexybeast
lvl.1
Flight distance : 362766 ft
Netherlands

Danger Danger Posted at 7-14 09:31
I have the same problerm. I don't have a fix but I do have a work around. It is a pain in the ass but here it is.  The files are on the card and not currupted. Download Woundershare Recoverit.  Here is the link. https://recoverit.wondershare.com/data-recovery.html?utm_source=link_in_product&utm_medium=ownmedia. Joshua Bardwell believes with the latest DJI update this problem happen. On the Vista Air Unit it is worse. Now it is useless because It won't record anything.

Hi, i have exact same issue, using 2x sandisk extreme 128GB As cards in both dji fpv goggles and dji fpv drone. have formatted each card in their host device. recording works, also able to replay footage from goggles but as soon as you use different kind of card readers, windows, linux etc, the file system is not recognized and system asks if it should format the card. unable to get my footage off these cards, very anoying and frustrating. anything i can share to help solve this issue
have ordered samsung evo card to see what happens, will also format cards fully from windows, anything else i can try
2021-10-10
Use props
imazman
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem.  I start to fly and it says SD Card recording, but after a minute or so it stops recording with message about 'slow card'.  I have a very fast card. When pulling out the card and putting into the computer the files are corrupt and I can't play them back.
2022-2-8
Use props
djiuser_xRTKf0AegSOe
New

Canada

Here is a fix that work for me when I was having the same problem youtube.com/watch?v=mupiRyQTgEM
2022-5-5
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

I got my DJI FPV a couple of weeks ago and had a very similar formatting issue. I bought two new SanDisk Extreme 256 GB SD cards, one for the AC and one for the goggles. I've never had a problem with SD card formatting in any other drone that I've had, which is several.

I kept getting the "Format SD Card" warning in the goggles. There was no indication in the goggles during flight that anything was being recorded...no "recording counter" was showing.

And yet, when I popped the cards into my card reader, there were videos there.

I didn't want to re-format working cards, but I reformatted both of them, while in the AC and goggles. It was an almost instantaneous format, but it solved all the problems. The "Format SD Card" warning went away, and the "recording counter" started to display normally in the upper right corner of the goggles view.

I don't know why you need to do this on the FPV, but not other DJI drones, but doing it fixed the issues I had.

TCS
2022-5-8
Use props
Jike Mames
New

United States

Help!! My issue went from decent, to bad, then to flatline. I think I've worked my way through half of what I see in the thread. First, my sandisk extream was to slow, but I actually got 4k stabilized footage first 2 flights. I decided to buy a sandisk extream pro, and when it came, I erased the files off of the extreme,  formatted it in goggles, and put the extreme pro into the aircraft. Went out for a rip, got home, tossed the aircraft sd in the PC, and error on card. Want to fix? Yes. Files gone of course. Formatted in aircraft through goggles, flew, and No Files. Had the goggles video tho. This is after I already had to upgrade my PC to edit these monster files btw. So now I fly a few more times and pay mind to my post landing shut down sequence,  and a couple other things I know to do. You know, check and see if I can update my way out of this. Surf forum's,  all this Jaz. Well, I bought another sandisk card. It's a extreme pro plus HD, U3 Mega speed 64 gig. Now all I get is No SD
2022-7-4
Use props
Jike Mames
New

United States

Ya, So now, I get the " No SD, ", No matter what card I use. I'm worn out. Tired of upgrading computers, and buying sd cards. I give up. I guess I will settle for the 1080 video from goggles. At least there's audio. Why we can't use the same mic that sends it to the goggles to record it onto the crafts video file is beyond me anyway. This is my only issue with this unit. So it has a Lil cleft lip, but she's my big girl. I feel like if I send it in, she will come back with other issues. I love to rip her, she's a Caddilac.  Does anyone know where I can buy another battery for it that works? (Cringe)
2022-7-4
Use props
Joel S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189902 ft
United States

Well...here it is 9/7/2022 and I now have joined the Dji Fpv
Sandisk card extreme pro Format card club.
Only have flown two times now. The files are huge.
Right after I flew came home put the card in a holder and uploaded all the video.
Left the card in the computer for almost a week now.  Just went to look at a strange folder I noticed last week
and now getting the Format Card error. Maybe leaving it in the computer for a week messed it up.
Happy I got the footage but not happy about this issue.
2022-9-7
Use props
FWallis
New
United States

I have the exact same problem!
2023-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules