Spectator view on smart phone freezes
683 6 2021-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
autogojimmy
lvl.1
United States

Hey everyone. I'm having problems with the spectator video feed on my smarphone connected to the goggles.  When I have my google pixel 5 connected to the FPV goggles via the included cable and dongle and using the DJI fly app, the video feed is perfect on the phone screen until the motors are started on the FPV drone.  Once the motors start, the video freezes and stay frozen until the motors are stopped.  Then the video feed resumes as normal.  The video feed in the goggles themselves is never inturreupted.  Is there something I'm missing? Im' using DJI Fly version 1.3.0 from the DJI website (not the play store) and ive tried swapping the dongle to the phone end and the goggles end. Nothing works with the dongle on the phone end.   I've tried it using an Iphone with the same results.  Im hoping it's just a setting somewhere I'm missing and not faulty equipment.  Anyone run into this yet?  Thanks for the help in advance.
2021-4-2
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36860 ft
Australia

I have tried to get mine to do what is happening to yours with no success mate. I would return to the store and show them.
Hopefully a setting but it’s good to be sure.
2021-4-3
Use props
autogojimmy
lvl.1
United States

I bought it from dji directly. I guess I'll call their tech support and see what they say. Thanks for the reply!
2021-4-3
Use props
autogojimmy
lvl.1
United States

So I think I found something....  As long as I am recording video on the goggles, the smart phone view works.  If I stop recording video on the goggles, then the smart phone view freezes.  I don't know if its supposed to work that way, but thats the only way I can get a video feed to the phone with the aircraft motors running is to be recording video with the goggles.  can someone from DJI chime in and tell me if this is the way its supposed to work?
2021-4-5
Use props
Anse.dji.fpv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1441004 ft
Chile

i have the same issue...  
date: 16.01.2022
Dron: dji fpv
smartphone : samsung s21 ultra
last firmware: updated
last dji fly software on android (updated too) : updated
i tried all resolutions , reset all settings, re install dji fly and downgrade and upgrade the dron firmware .... NOTHING

after the last dron firmware update , i present the same issue....Once the motors start, the video freezes and stay frozen until the motors are stopped.  Then the video feed resumes as normal.  The video feed in the goggles themselves is never inturreupted

pls dji, we need an answer

2022-1-16
Use props
Anse.dji.fpv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1441004 ft
Chile

hi friend, did u get an answer from dji about this problem?
2022-1-16
Use props
autogojimmy
lvl.1
United States

Never got a reply.  Only way I can get any video from the android phone is to be in recording mode in the goggles.  Stop recording, video on phone freezes.  Works fine at all times if the motors are not running.  I dont know, kinda dumb if you ask me.
2022-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules