5631 10 2021-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Katsulas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820210 ft
Greece

Hello,

I use DJI Digital FPV System one year now since i start the FPV (I am drone pilot to consumer and pro drones for 4 years)
Before some days I purchase the battery that contains the DJI FPV Goggles V2. This is the new "black battery" that charges with Type C.
Before i made the purchase I chat with the Live Chat Support of DJI and they told me that is compatible with my V1 Goggles and the same shows to the Site DJI Site

I test it with my V1 Goggles and its works but it has a big Issue. The voltage is going up and down again and again. When the FPV Drone goes a little bit far the voltage going down and it became red but everything it works.
This is not an issue of the battery because I test another battery (the same model) and it has the same issue.
Also I test my battery to DJI FPV Goggles V2 (of a friend) and my battery works perfectly. Cables and everything I used is original and tested 2 and 3 different.

Here is a short video with the Issue -->

Everything is updated to the latest Firmware.

I Also send email to the support and I am waiting from there.

Is anyone else that discover the same problem?
2021-4-3
Use props
bannisterpost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188593 ft
Canada

I’m noticing the same issue and have had the drone fall out of the sky a few times not knowing what voltage I’m at. Why has no one responded to this? Did DJI ever comment to you directly?
2021-7-26
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.3
Greece

I send the flight records to the support and as they see this is official an issue. The battery works normaly but you don't have the correct OSD Voltage. You must have pay attention on that
2021-7-26
Use props
Pixels with Altitude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3544652 ft
Canada

Same issue for me - V1 goggles with V2 goggle battery and the voltage in the display jumps around and is not constant. Did you find any solution as yet?
2021-8-23
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.3
Greece

No, it's an issue as Official DJI say to me through email.
It's works but I must see the 4 white leds to know the battery that I have.
2021-8-23
Use props
Pixels with Altitude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3544652 ft
Canada

Fair enough. I’ll play the waiting game for firmware to fix it I guess. Thanks for your reply :-)
2021-8-25
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.3
Greece

I don't believe that DJI fix this issue. DJI FPV Goggles V.1 is already discontinued so .... you understand
2021-8-25
Use props
SerJ_G
lvl.1

Ukraine

I had chat with support today - it said that the battery is not compatible with V1 goggles :/
That's stupid IMHO
I have to take check the battery all the time manually to see its charge level, instead of seeing it in the goggle's OSD.

2021-10-25
Use props
Kibby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144501 ft
Canada

I want to share with my experience with DJI battery used on DJI FPV Goggles V1. I must say that it draws battery inconsistently. At 50% (2 white lights), I randomly get black screen with OSD information still being updated. I quickly changed flight mode to Angle with throttle up a little waiting for visual.  Visual came back 2-3 seconds later.

I checked video recorded on micro SD and to my surprised.. The video was fully recorded without a hitch, not even black or skipped time.  I must say the problem lies to under voltage.  I advise to avoid using DJI battery on V1. Problem will get worser if it upper its power output (ie: 700mW). Best to give the battery to whoever owns a V2 or sell your V1 to get V2. It's made for V2. With no but's.
2021-11-30
Use props
alexei14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 859239 ft
Germany

I have experienced the same issue as I purchased 2 batteries for my V1 and now I am about to change back to the xt60 and 4s pack.... I also went a bit further and measured the output of the pack to see if is constant and surprise... it is not.... It seems the goggles read the voltage correctly but the pack output voltage converter is not regulating properly as it always fluctuates as in the video posted in this thread.
2022-5-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

great views!
2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules