14492 9 2021-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrigHad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42674 ft

United Kingdom

Hi all
I have bought DJI Mini 2 recently and I can't make RC connect to my phone.
I've updated the RC firmware via computer.
It looks like I managed to pair RC to AC manually pressing the AC button for 4 sec and pressing 3 buttons simultaneously on the RC. But I cant take off using the RC (assumed it would work as for Mini 1 by doing both sticks out and down).
AC blinking green, RC is solid green but in the app it is saying 'RC not connected'.
If I go to settings -> control -> connect to aircraft it says 'linking failed'. Just checked what it says if the phone is unplugged and it's the same.
I've tried different phones (iPhone and Samsung), different cables. Nothing helps.
I also have Mavic Mini 1 and it works perfectly and I've had no issues with pairing it to its RC or connecting to the phone.
Any ideas?
Thanks

2021-4-3
Use props
delf67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379449 ft
United Kingdom

I had this problem when I first got my Mini 2. It turned out to be pocket fluff built up in the bottom of my phone's micro USB port. Strangely the phone would charge from the RC when I plugged it in, but I'd get the "RC not connected to mobile device" message. I nearly bought a new phone before I discovered the problem. I'd had the m2 for nearly 2 weeks before i managed to fly it for the 1st time!.
I know you've tried a different phone, but the only thing that can cause this message are cable/ socket issues between the RC and the mobile.

I know this may sound obvious, but I've seen someone make this mistake before in another thread, but you are using the right-hand USB-C under the antenna, not the left-hand dummy port or the charge port on the bottom of the controller?

If you're phone is usb-C, try reversing the cable. It shouldn't matter, but again I've seen someone in another thread say it did for them.

As you can probably tell, I spent a lot of time searching this error message when I had the same issue!

Good luck.
2021-4-3
Use props
about_to_crash
lvl.1
Netherlands

- content -
2021-4-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, GrigHad. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing but we're here to help. The manual relinking for the DJI Mini 2 is different from the Mavic Mini. Below is a Youtube video that you can watch and refer to for the step-by-step guide. We suggest disconnecting your mobile device and the RC cable when doing the manual linking via the combination buttons. Once done, please reconnect the RC cable, connect your mobile device, and launch the DJI Fly to see if the problem has been resolved.
2021-4-3
Use props
GrigHad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42674 ft

United Kingdom

Delf67
Thank you for your reply. As I mention I've tried different phones and different cable (and I clean my phone regularly). The RC was new and sealed so I doubt there can be any fluff (I checked there was non). And yes I'm using the right side USB-C on the top of the RC.
about_to_crash
I didn’t know there was a “data cable” for iPad. But anyway I've tried lightning to USB-C and USB-C to USB-C
DJI Gamora
Thank you. That is the exact video I used to manually pair RC and AC. As I mentioned it looks like the pairing was successful as AC blinking green and RC is solid green. But the app still saying RC not connected. Is there a way to take off without a phone so I know if AC responds to RC buttons at all?
2021-4-4
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Delf 67 posted about 'fluff' in the phone socket, not the RC socket! You've tried other phones, cables, etc ? Think it's time to pack it up and send it in for repair if it doesn't do what Dji suggest.
2021-4-4
Use props
djiuser_MTC01a8mt8Tt
New

Malaysia

delf67 Posted at 2021-4-3 05:37
I had this problem when I first got my Mini 2. It turned out to be pocket fluff built up in the bottom of my phone's micro USB port. Strangely the phone would charge from the RC when I plugged it in, but I'd get the "RC not connected to mobile device" message. I nearly bought a new phone before I discovered the problem. I'd had the m2 for nearly 2 weeks before i managed to fly it for the 1st time!.
I know you've tried a different phone, but the only thing that can cause this message are cable/ socket issues between the RC and the mobile.

That tip about reversing the cable just worked for me, after market cable, didn't work, reversed the conection works now. I totally fail to understand why this should happen but it did.
I went back to the first configuration doesn't work.
2022-11-27
Use props
Sinatavallaei96
New

Iran

Hello, I have an Air 2s drone with an RC Pro controller and I want to do the mapping using the controller, but the DJI pilot and the DJI Go4 app does not detect the drone How can I solve this problem? Can I use my mobile to control or is there an app I can install on the control؟ The Android version is Control 7.
2023-6-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sinatavallaei96 Posted at 6-23 02:27
Hello, I have an Air 2s drone with an RC Pro controller and I want to do the mapping using the controller, but the DJI pilot and the DJI Go4 app does not detect the drone How can I solve this problem? Can I use my mobile to control or is there an app I can install on the control؟ The Android version is Control 7.

Hi, Sinatavallaei96. Thank you for reaching out. You can only use the DJI Air 2S with the DJI Fly application. Regretfully, we don't recommend the said application and drone for mapping. To meet higher positioning accuracy and altitude accuracy requirements for mapping, DJI has released the Phantom 4 RTK and Matrice RTK, which are more suitable for the surveying and mapping industry. The altitude precision of Consumer products is limited.
2023-6-23
Use props
LZJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101184 ft
United States

delf67 Posted at 2021-4-3 05:37
I know you've tried a different phone, but the only thing that can cause this message are cable/ socket issues between the RC and the mobile.

Absolutely correct.  I have spent two days screwing around with this reverse the cable issue.  I have no explanation for why but by reversing the cable ends and inserting the cable in only one direction on the RC it does make a difference with the mini 3 pro and the mini 4 pro.  Thanks for the hint!
2-19 19:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules