Can't connect Pocket 2 to Mac
17086 13 2021-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KeithMasonPhoto
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there,
The first time I plugged my Pocket 2 into my laptop it asked whether to accept the computer.  I said no, as I didn't have a card in the Pocket 2.  Next day (when I had installed a card and shot some test footage), when I plugged the Pocket into the laptop, there is no offer to accept the computer.  The computer is charging the Pocket, but I can't get footage directly off the Pocket onto the computer (I don't have the lightnight connector plugged in).  I tried plugging the Pocket into my desktop and the "accept device" dialog box came up on the Pocket and I could download footage, but I want to be able to do this on my laptop not my desktop.  Any advice, gratefully recieved.  Thanks, Keith
2021-4-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, KeithMasonPhoto. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. If you have not done yet, restart your laptop while it is connected to the DJI Pocket 2 and see if that can be recognized. You can also try connecting to a different USB port on your laptop.
2021-4-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Are you using the USB-C wire supplied with the DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo (the one with one regular USB connector and TWO USB-C's)? If you do, and want to transfer video and pictures from Pocket 2 to Computer, make sure to use the USB-C with USB logo embedded on the connector. One of the USB-C connectors only transmits power, the other one transmits both power and data.
2021-4-4
Use props
KeithMasonPhoto
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-4 12:29
Are you using the USB-C wire supplied with the DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo (the one with one regular USB connector and TWO USB-C's)? If you do, and want to transfer video and pictures from Pocket 2 to Computer, make sure to use the USB-C with USB logo embedded on the connector. One of the USB-C connectors only transmits power, the other one transmits both power and data.

Thank you - I didn't spot the difference in the cabling.  It certainly made a difference when I made sure I was using the correct connection.  Many thanks!!!
2021-4-5
Use props
KeithMasonPhoto
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-4 12:29
Are you using the USB-C wire supplied with the DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo (the one with one regular USB connector and TWO USB-C's)? If you do, and want to transfer video and pictures from Pocket 2 to Computer, make sure to use the USB-C with USB logo embedded on the connector. One of the USB-C connectors only transmits power, the other one transmits both power and data.

Thank you! That made the difference.  With a reboot and the Pocket2 plugged in, the Pocket2 appeared on my desktop!!! Much appreciated.
2021-4-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

KeithMasonPhoto Posted at 4-5 02:44
Thank you - I didn't spot the difference in the cabling.  It certainly made a difference when I made sure I was using the correct connection.  Many thanks!!!

No need to thank me - I learned this from username northaal on this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238553

I certainly didn't notice it myself the first time I noticed the issue - maybe painting the symbol white would have helped? I just had thought the cable is for charging only, but he corrected my assumption.

Anyway, great to hear your problem has been solved. :-)
2021-4-5
Use props
khaledali
New
Egypt

Hello,

I have a similar issue, I plugged my DJI pocket 2 into my mac, it showed up the message to connect to a computer, I pressed the confirmation button, and it showed that it is connected to the computer, but I can't see it in the finder!

I tried to connect it to another windows laptop, and it connected normally and I was able to see the DCIM folder, with the same cable! Anyone can help?
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_xOOQtprCvwm3
New
United States

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I'm in the same boat.
2022-7-11
Use props
Monika_Gaj_Kinga
New
Flight distance : 1749 ft
Poland

I have exactly the same problem, was trying everything what was recommended in this chat and still no footage of Pocket 2 showed in my Finder. The only way to download all my videos is via Smartphone which is very annoying. The other problem is, I have just shot the video in 4K and DJ Pocket 2 App is telling, 4K videos or bigger cannot be downloaded. It is only possible via computer. :/

Any other solutions? Thank you in advance.
2022-9-7
Use props
Monika_Gaj_Kinga
New
Flight distance : 1749 ft
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-3 23:47
Hi, KeithMasonPhoto. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. If you have not done yet, restart your laptop while it is connected to the DJI Pocket 2 and see if that can be recognized. You can also try connecting to a different USB port on your laptop.

I have the same problem and unfortunately this solutions didn't help. Do you have any other ideas how to fix this? Thank you in advance.
2022-9-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Monika_Gaj_Kinga Posted at 9-7 02:51
I have the same problem and unfortunately this solutions didn't help. Do you have any other ideas how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Have you tried with other cables to see if that makes a difference? Also, Are you having the Do-It-All handle connected to the Pocket 2 while connecting? I remember hearing somewhere that it is not recommended to transfer files from the Pocket 2 through the DIA handle's USB-C port, it is recommended to use the direct Pocket 2 USB-C port instead.
2022-9-9
Use props
mfjs
New
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 9-9 00:58
Have you tried with other cables to see if that makes a difference? Also, Are you having the Do-It-All handle connected to the Pocket 2 while connecting? I remember hearing somewhere that it is not recommended to transfer files from the Pocket 2 through the DIA handle's USB-C port, it is recommended to use the direct Pocket 2 USB-C port instead.

I tried a few cables with no success. The Pocket2 recognized the USB connection, but the Mac wouldn't mount the device. Next I tried HGDC84's suggestion to remove the Do-It-All handle and connect to the primary USC-C port, That was the fix for me, it mounted on the Mac right away. Thanks for the tips here.
2022-12-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

mfjs Posted at 2022-12-31 06:32
I tried a few cables with no success. The Pocket2 recognized the USB connection, but the Mac wouldn't mount the device. Next I tried HGDC84's suggestion to remove the Do-It-All handle and connect to the primary USC-C port, That was the fix for me, it mounted on the Mac right away. Thanks for the tips here.

You're welcome, glad to hear you got it working. :-)
2023-1-2
Use props
VanCardoso
New
Australia

khaledali Posted at 2022-3-10 11:49
Hello,

I have a similar issue, I plugged my DJI pocket 2 into my mac, it showed up the message to connect to a computer, I pressed the confirmation button, and it showed that it is connected to the computer, but I can't see it in the finder!

Did you got this problem solved? I have the same.
The cables are correct and I accepted my DJI Pocket 2 to my computer, but nothing showing on finder.
2023-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules