o(^-^)o
kbirand
lvl.2

Turkey

I can not seem to update my air unit.
My air unit is stuck at V.00.04.1009
Headset and controller is V.01.01.0000.

Here is my story.
I recived the drone. I booted it up and I got a message saying that my unit was not activated.
So I logged into my account (DJI FLY IOS) and activated my device. Then I got an alert saying
that I should update my firmwares for all units. So I clicked on update. After downloading I got an
error saying "Update Failed RETRY". So I did that but same response.

Since I am an experienced DJI Owner (since Phantom 1 I owned every item they released). I directly
downloaded DJI Asistant to my macbook. But assistant did not see my units so I did some reading and
Installed horndis manually and assistant recognized my unit. So I started updating but this time assistant got stuck
at TRANSMITTING 0%. Then I moved everything to my PC and got the same result.

For a final test. I switched to android and got the RETRY message again. For a final test I tried it with an other IOS device and no luck.
While testing
-I tried with SD card and without SD card also, all devices had %100 battery.
-Updating with mobile devices my OTG cable was close to headset unit.
-When using Assistant I used the supplied cable and my other type-C (data) cables.

As far as I see I might be the first person to face with this problem with DJI FPV since it is a very new product. From my searches
I have seen that people had similar problems with mavics and phantoms. But most of them ended up replacing their units.

So if anyone out there has an idea you are welcome to help me

Koray Birand

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 17.48.41.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 17.49.40.png
2021-4-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you are using the correct version of Assistant, it should be the one from the DJI FPV downloads site.

The Assistant will update the firmware if you connect and update the drone separately to goggles and the remote. Makes sure the drone battery is fully charged before you start.

If this works then cycle power to drone and power up goggles and remote. Ensure they all are linked. Connect the goggles to you mobile device using the supplied OTG cable and a cable from the OTG adapter to your phone. Start the Fly App and follow the instructions to activate.

The Fly App needs to be 1.3.1 iOS or 1.3.0 Android. The FPV drone will not appear in the App unless it is properly linked to the goggles.

Hope this helps.
2021-4-3
Use props
CalNomad
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same problems, new FPV drone.  Goggles and controllers will update, but no drone battery will update.  I get the update error above.  
Tried with and without SD card.  Using FLY app for iphone, DJI Assistant for FPV downloaded from DJI site.  
Video will transmit from drone camera to goggles and to iphone (so drone camera is linking to goggles and phone), but drone battery will not sync to goggles. Tried the linking button, goggles beep, but no joy.
Appears (?) to be a problem that the drone batteries will not update via DJI Assistant.  Have tried on PC with wifi and LAN connection.  The update will download, but then stop at the 0% transmission error shown above.
Own a Mavic 2 Zoom for years and no problems.  

Anyone else having problems getting drone batteries to update via DJI Assistant, or seeing this error and finding a solution?  
2021-4-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CalNomad Posted at 4-3 12:31
I'm having the same problems, new FPV drone.  Goggles and controllers will update, but no drone battery will update.  I get the update error above.  
Tried with and without SD card.  Using FLY app for iphone, DJI Assistant for FPV downloaded from DJI site.  
Video will transmit from drone camera to goggles and to iphone (so drone camera is linking to goggles and phone), but drone battery will not sync to goggles. Tried the linking button, goggles beep, but no joy.

The batteries are updated by the drone, not by assistant.

If the drone is upto date it will update the batteries when it sees that the firmware is inconsistent. I have 6 batteries and they all updated without connection to assistant.
2021-4-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CalNomad Posted at 4-3 12:31

Assistant for Mac is rather flaky and has a number of bugs, if you're using that you will get more reliable results connecting your iPhone to the goggles with the OTG cable and carry out the update this way. The OTG cable is required as your iPhone has to become the host instead of the client to carry out firmware updates/activations etc.

The hORNDIS extension does not work correctly on a recent Mac.
2021-4-3
Use props
kbirand
lvl.2

Turkey

Buzzyone Posted at 4-3 12:54
Assistant for Mac is rather flaky and has a number of bugs, if you're using that you will get more reliable results connecting your iPhone to the goggles with the OTG cable and carry out the update this way. The OTG cable is required as your iPhone has to become the host instead of the client to carry out firmware updates/activations etc.

The hORNDIS extension does not work correctly on a recent Mac.

Horndis does not work on Big Sur when installed with DJI Assistant installer.
BUT if you follow the steps below it works. Have tested and updated my headset + remote.
https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS ... uecomment-745607263

System Preferences / Network you see every connected device has a network end point with an assigned IP. There is an easy way to understand if horndis works. Just click on About this mac and then System report. Scroll down to extensions, from the list check if horndis.kext is loaded or not. But you need to follow the steps above.

2021-4-3
Use props
kbirand
lvl.2

Turkey

Buzzyone Posted at 4-3 11:55
Make sure you are using the correct version of Assistant, it should be the one from the DJI FPV downloads site.

The Assistant will update the firmware if you connect and update the drone separately to goggles and the remote. Makes sure the drone battery is fully charged before you start.

Thank you for your kind reply.
As i said I have used every item that DJI have ever released. I know the protocol. Charged batteries, latest software, OTG direction etc etc.

This problem is not related to any of the problems you mentioned unfortunately.
I wish it was that simple.
2021-4-3
Use props
CalNomad
lvl.1
United States

I'm using PC for the DJI Assistant.  No Mac.
FLY App through iphone shows all firmware updated.
Battery sync to goggles won't work, so I'm still left to guess as to why.
2021-4-3
Use props
kbirand
lvl.2

Turkey

CalNomad Posted at 4-3 13:35
I'm using PC for the DJI Assistant.  No Mac.
FLY App through iphone shows all firmware updated.
Battery sync to goggles won't work, so I'm still left to guess as to why.

Battery has nothing to do with the headset. When u update the air unit with the latest firmware v.01.01.000 the air-unit then updates every single battery inserted to the air unit. You battery might be defected.
2021-4-3
Use props
kbirand
lvl.2

Turkey

kbirand Posted at 4-3 13:37
Battery has nothing to do with the headset. When u update the air unit with the latest firmware v.01.01.000 the air-unit then updates every single battery inserted to the air unit. You battery might be defected.

Problem solved. Air-Unit battery was defected. It has been replaced and problem solved
2021-4-5
Use props
HEXA
lvl.1

Serbia

Just wow! $159 battery less reliable than $20 noname 6s... Looks like it's either DOA or fails after only a few flights. And what about replacing, can't DJI confirm defects OTA (via Fly app or Assistant) and just do a recall for those affected?
I'm so mad right now!
2021-4-8
Use props
T0P
New

Canada

Hahahaha, what the?! Is this some kind of joke? Have the same  1-0-3 error but totally different problem, can't take off, can't update, refresh, nothing. Camera works, though. Otherwise brick. After only two flights.

@DJI support: Are you gonna fix this somehow (remotely, release some kind of unbrick software, force update/refresh, etc.) or should we just return this half baked product (and at best alfa version of software) and take our money back?
2021-4-9
Use props
Spyderstevens
lvl.1

United States

Chinese ... product.   totally dissatisfied with how difficult and faulty he firmware is for this overpriced dollar store product.  I bought every single add on for this due to the high praise it received but the motion controller is ... and points the drone in the opposite direction of where I am facing, it fails to fly most times with errors, it always wants a firmware update when I get ready to fly, and it fails to complete updates, even with the assistant software.  Horrible product that I would never recommend to anyone, unless they had weeks of life to lose to figure out how to fix these issues.  waste of money!!!!!!!!
2021-7-13
Use props
Spyderstevens
lvl.1

United States

T0P Posted at 4-9 04:41
Hahahaha, what the?! Is this some kind of joke? Have the same  1-0-3 error but totally different problem, can't take off, can't update, refresh, nothing. Camera works, though. Otherwise brick. After only two flights.

@DJI support: Are you gonna fix this somehow (remotely, release some kind of unbrick software, force update/refresh, etc.) or should we just return this half baked product (and at best alfa version of software) and take our money back?

this drone is trash!!! never works the you really want it to.  
2021-7-13
Use props
Spyderstevens
lvl.1

United States

kbirand Posted at 4-3 13:30
Horndis does not work on Big Sur when installed with DJI Assistant installer.
BUT if you follow the steps below it works. Have tested and updated my headset + remote.
https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/issues/132#issuecomment-745607263

flaky is a generous description of this garbage
2021-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules