Inspire 1 Unresponsive / Fly Away
7484 89 2015-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmfreeland
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-10 13:23
Sorry to hear it is taking so long. At this point it is not in my hands and there is not much more ...

That is all that everyone always says and it has now been 1 month and nothing...
2015-8-13
Use props
Filmax
lvl.2

Norway

When one buys a drone to 3000 dollars, nevertheless is total risk is high that things can happen, one must expect to take the risk that things can happen. Everybody can only say that they lost their drone, it does not go DJI can not replace just the shallows. All such with drones and fjernsturte aircraft and helicopters are risks.
2015-8-13
Use props
dmfreeland
lvl.1

United States

What an insult. One month of no response or help of any kind from DJI and then I receive this...

Anthony C. (DJI Technology )
Aug 13, 16:42

Dear David Freeland,

Thank you for your patience.

We have reviewed your survey, and based on the incident you experienced, we want to provide further assistance.

We would like to offer you a DJI Certified Refurbished Inspire 1 aircraft, X3 camera, and TB47 battery at a 33% discount off the regular retail price for these three items combined. This would total $1881.36 including tax and shipping.

This products are in excellent condition and have not been involved in any crash, impact, or hard landing. They are fully tested and come with the same warranty period as a new purchase. That warranty period can be found here: http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-period

To accept this offer, please reply confirming you accept, and please provide a shipping address. We will then create an invoice and email it to you.

Thank you for your patience and support of DJI.

DJI Customer Service Manager, North American Facility

Attachment(s)
CustomerInformationSheet.pdf
2015-8-13
Use props
dmfreeland
lvl.1

United States

Filmax Posted at 2015-8-14 00:20
When one buys a drone to 3000 dollars, nevertheless is total risk is high that things can happen, on ...

I think that everyone understands that there are implied risk with operating an kind of unmanned or R/C craft. However, when there are known manufacturer defects and/or the craft does not preform as described by the manufacturer, there is some responsibility on the part of the manufacturer.

You can not fault an operator who follows all of the manufacturers suggestions/rules/guidelines when the craft simply fails to operate as promised or what is reasonably expected.
2015-8-13
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Witnessed the inspire 1 encounter a fly away problem similar to the described cases of user: gary and user: dmfreeland. It flew into a far away bystander and cut their hand. Law enforcement got involved. Please be super careful.
2015-8-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-8-15 03:52
Witnessed the inspire 1 encounter a fly away problem similar to the described cases of user: gary an ...

That is bad! What city and state?
2015-8-14
Use props
gary
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79360 ft
Australia

gary@storagekin Posted at 2015-7-26 19:03
I assume there are other conversations about fly offs but as I only occasionally come here, I am sti ...

I have just received my drone back from a free repair but now have a new problem 'obstacle sensing does not work' - I have made a new help post for this one!  An error as soon as I got it back?  Do they test repairs before return or is it something else?
2015-8-23
Use props
DLanceNY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270735 ft
United States

I have a problem with my Inspire 1 I had for a while now, I haven’t used it for 5 to 6 months June 12, 2018 I was filming a county club and after landing and turn it off and began to drive a golf car to it by the time I got there the drone had turn on and was on the air tilting to the left and almost flying in a very weird circle pattern, I jump off the golf car and grab remote and began to try to land it, it was responding to remote but I was pushing the forward co from it Max and barely trying to move forward, almost like it didn’t have enough power to do what I wanted it to do and max power forward almost wanted at moments to go back, the same was trying to lower the Drone to the ground. It was very difficult and my a God miracle I was barely able to land it. I don’t know what happen, I can’t seem to do it again, honestly afraid that it will do that again and loose that much of an investment. By no means I’m on expert, but I have been flying the drone for some time but something is wrong, I do get constant when I turn it on and it want to begin a fly, “UI still loading” never done that before and it seem it does it very often now. I honestly thing the software on the drone crash on that, oh almost forgot, ones I was able to land it (Miracle really) the drone would not turn off from remote and manually had to turn battery off! Anyone can give me some advised as to what’s going on please?
2018-6-14
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

DLanceNY Posted at 2018-6-14 08:27
I have a problem with my Inspire 1 I had for a while now, I haven’t used it for 5 to 6 months June 12, 2018 I was filming a county club and after landing and turn it off and began to drive a golf car to it by the time I got there the drone had turn on and was on the air tilting to the left and almost flying in a very weird circle pattern, I jump off the golf car and grab remote and began to try to land it, it was responding to remote but I was pushing the forward co from it Max and barely trying to move forward, almost like it didn’t have enough power to do what I wanted it to do and max power forward almost wanted at moments to go back, the same was trying to lower the Drone to the ground. It was very difficult and my a God miracle I was barely able to land it. I don’t know what happen, I can’t seem to do it again, honestly afraid that it will do that again and loose that much of an investment. By no means I’m on expert, but I have been flying the drone for some time but something is wrong, I do get constant when I turn it on and it want to begin a fly, “UI still loading” never done that before and it seem it does it very often now. I honestly thing the software on the drone crash on that, oh almost forgot, ones I was able to land it (Miracle really) the drone would not turn off from remote and manually had to turn battery off! Anyone can give me some advised as to what’s going on please?

This thread had its last post nearly three years ago - nothing to be gained by dragging it back from the dead.
2018-6-17
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

DLanceNY Posted at 2018-6-14 08:27
I have a problem with my Inspire 1 I had for a while now, I haven’t used it for 5 to 6 months June 12, 2018 I was filming a county club and after landing and turn it off and began to drive a golf car to it by the time I got there the drone had turn on and was on the air tilting to the left and almost flying in a very weird circle pattern, I jump off the golf car and grab remote and began to try to land it, it was responding to remote but I was pushing the forward co from it Max and barely trying to move forward, almost like it didn’t have enough power to do what I wanted it to do and max power forward almost wanted at moments to go back, the same was trying to lower the Drone to the ground. It was very difficult and my a God miracle I was barely able to land it. I don’t know what happen, I can’t seem to do it again, honestly afraid that it will do that again and loose that much of an investment. By no means I’m on expert, but I have been flying the drone for some time but something is wrong, I do get constant when I turn it on and it want to begin a fly, “UI still loading” never done that before and it seem it does it very often now. I honestly thing the software on the drone crash on that, oh almost forgot, ones I was able to land it (Miracle really) the drone would not turn off from remote and manually had to turn battery off! Anyone can give me some advised as to what’s going on please?

its fully understandable to fear flying a beast of this size after having an issue. I've never had an issue so bad but frankly just loosing connection being close to a mile away freaks me out, even though I've been able to regain control and finish my flight. It is concerning and maybe has something to do with age as youngness tend to feast on these issues LOL. I think now I'm flying mi micro drone at home more that the Inspire LOL, actually weather has been a drag here
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules