Green Spots on Goggle Please HELP
9487 23 2021-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Hello I am writing this due to problems i have with the DJI FPV Combo:

I got my first unit on 27-03-2021. Everything was fine for the first 2 days but on 30-03-2021 i suddenly got a GPS Error / Sensor system error and unable to take off.

I returned it to my dealer on 31-03-2021 and DJI approved a replacement which i received on 02-04-2021

Today on 03-04-2021 during the first flight and while the drone battery was at 40% i got a weird greenish spot/marking on the video signal so i landed the drone back to the home point.

I thought that the camera got dirt but it was crystal clear. I checked the goggles again but the spot was there. I restarted the unit but still the same, it seems that the left goggle screen has a problem.

Unfortunately i will have to wait until Monday to be able to contact my dealer. Is there any help / suggestion i could have until then DJI ?

I have attached two pictures of the left goggle screen below:

IMG_20210403_202315.jpg

IMG_20210403_202437.jpg

2021-4-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like screen burn from the goggles being exposed to bright sunlight.
2021-4-3
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Buzzyone Posted at 4-3 11:36
Looks like screen burn from the goggles being exposed to bright sunlight.

Thanks for the reply Buzzyone, but this happened mid-flight while i was already wearing them and additionaly standying in the shade of a tree
2021-4-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 4-3 11:41
Thanks for the reply Buzzyone, but this happened mid-flight while i was already wearing them and additionaly standying in the shade of a tree

Strange then!
2021-4-3
Use props
sammygon21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254531 ft
Puerto Rico

Something similar happened to me. Mine came with the yellow spots straight out of the box. Maybe they're being exposed to high temperatures during shipping.

I didn't receive a concrete response as to why this might've happened.
2021-4-3
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36860 ft
Australia

Hi mate. Nah mine didn’t look this bad. This is way worse.
2021-4-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FlyingSnoopy. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. Regretfully, your DJI FPV Goggles v2 would require either a repair or replacement. At your soonest convenience, please reach out to our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support or thru your dealer to assist you to open a ticket. We're sorry for the experience and hope this could be resolved immediately.
2021-4-4
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-4 01:34
Hi, FlyingSnoopy. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. Regretfully, your DJI FPV Goggles v2 would require either a repair or replacement. At your soonest convenience, please reach out to our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support or thru your dealer to assist you to open a ticket. We're sorry for the experience and hope this could be resolved immediately.

Thanks for the reply DJI Gamora.
A small update on the issue: I contacted my dealer today and returned the full combo. He will contact DJI about the issue and will notify me when there is an answer from DJI.

Please note that this is a replacement unit (the first one had GPS / Sensor system error) and exhibited the problem during the very first flight (the drone battery had reached ~40% when it occured)
I will keep you updated about the progress
2021-4-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 4-5 01:28
Thanks for the reply DJI Gamora.
A small update on the issue: I contacted my dealer today and returned the full combo. He will contact DJI about the issue and will notify me when there is an answer from DJI.

Thanks for keeping us updated and we do hope that this could be resolved immediately. Should there be anything else that we can help with, please let us know or reach our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support
2021-4-5
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine just started showing 2 green dots tonight all of a sudden. The googles/screens have never been exposed to the sun. Last time I used them was 3 days ago without issue. Will be contacting support tomorrow when they open.

2021-4-6
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same issue, the goggles were never exposed to sunlight but I had the same green streaks in the goggles. I contacted DJI and they authorised a replacement. I sent the whole kit back over two weeks ago and it still has not got back to them due to the courier (UPS) having "delays".
Seems many people are getting these goggle fault for some reason with no explanation or answers.
2021-4-8
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FrootWhoopz Posted at 4-8 00:21
I had the same issue, the goggles were never exposed to sunlight but I had the same green streaks in the goggles. I contacted DJI and they authorised a replacement. I sent the whole kit back over two weeks ago and it still has not got back to them due to the courier (UPS) having "delays".
Seems many people are getting these goggle fault for some reason with no explanation or answers.

UPS Delays is Europe punishing us for Brexit!

I sent some V1 goggles back when the smoke leaked out(!) it took UPS over a week to get them to the Netherlands, due to many 'Customs Checks', the replacements took 3 days to return with no customs checks!

Incidentally DHL managed to get FPV Batteries to me all the way from China in under a week!
2021-4-8
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

FrootWhoopz Posted at 4-8 00:21

I just dropped off mine today. They are pretty close to where I live (40min away). Hope they get yours soon so you can get the replacement.

They don’t even bother to ask for more info. As soon as you show them the picture they say they’ll send a new combo as replacement. I think they are aware of the defect with (some) of the goggles. It doesn’t seem very widespread.
2021-4-8
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 4-8 00:30
UPS Delays is Europe punishing us for Brexit!

I sent some V1 goggles back when the smoke leaked out(!) it took UPS over a week to get them to the Netherlands, due to many 'Customs Checks', the replacements took 3 days to return with no customs checks!

Yea I agree, its a mess. New date shows tomorrow.
Its a mixed bag, I sent something to Germany 2 days ago and it got delivered today.

How long did it take DJI to process once they had received the item?
2021-4-8
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Outie Posted at 4-8 12:59
I just dropped off mine today. They are pretty close to where I live (40min away). Hope they get yours soon so you can get the replacement.

They don’t even bother to ask for more info. As soon as you show them the picture they say they’ll send a new combo as replacement. I think they are aware of the defect with (some) of the goggles. It doesn’t seem very widespread.

Thanks.
You are lucky, I am in the UK so we have to send them to another country (Netherlands)
2021-4-8
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FrootWhoopz Posted at 4-8 15:22
Yea I agree, its a mess. New date shows tomorrow.
Its a mixed bag, I sent something to Germany 2 days ago and it got delivered today.

They processed them within a day, then the repair was supposed to take 3 days, after a week I asked what was going on & they shipped brand new ones instead the same day I queried how long it was taking.
2021-4-8
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-5 03:05
Thanks for keeping us updated and we do hope that this could be resolved immediately. Should there be anything else that we can help with, please let us know or reach our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support

OK, so an update on this: I got replacement goggles. One note though: After careful examination there seems to be 1 or 2 white pixels on the left screen. Only visible when on dark background, so it's not bothering me much. In fact i really have to look for it and my phone's camera (macro mode) can't pick it up, nor does my GoPro. I am just leaving this here as a reference because if more appear, then i will have to do a warranty claim
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_fqJlMJkhCCAC
New
Flight distance : 28947 ft
United States

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 4-3 11:41

So what did DJI do about your goggles
2021-7-15
Use props
Shaun1o21
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-4 01:34

I just purchased the fpv fly more combo from someone on Facebook and the goggles have the same issue! I was only shown the video feed on the phone screen and found out when I got home
2021-8-21
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Shaun1o21 Posted at 8-21 18:33
I just purchased the fpv fly more combo from someone on Facebook and the goggles have the same issue! I was only shown the video feed on the phone screen and found out when I got home

This is unfortunate. If you have the receipt/invoice you could send it to DJI. They will probably repair it under warranty.
2021-8-22
Use props
Rossco82
New

Canada

I Bought a DJI FPV and out of box I also have a green spot in my goggles. I have had a hard time trying to get the vendor to assist with this issue as the vendor claims its sun damage yet I am not that careless with an expensive item such as this. Before I even took the drone out to fly I spent time in the tutorial to make sure I could operate it carefully. once outside I always make sure I'm in Sade and when the googles are not in use I put them away in a case from the sun. please see picture as I have the exact same issue.
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_oFKARwRPp6KH
New

France

Hello, I have the same problem on glasses that are no longer under warranty, do you know if this is feasible or how much would be charged for the repair?
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_g1A9qcsHVIWD
New

Ukraine

Hi, I have the same problem with my dji goggles v2 - green dots appeared on the left screen. The goggles have never been dropped, damaged or in direct sunlight. In use from 2 June. It's only been 10 days. Photo of the issue attached below
2022-6-12
Use props
djiuser_K7cnRuVoLxCH
lvl.1

United States

I found something interesting.
This happened to me when I disconnected battery cable from the goggles instead of turning off battery first and then disconnecting.
2023-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules