Mirroring problem
5977 10 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gábor51
lvl.1
Hungary

Dear All,

I am new with Pocket 2, but I read carefully the documentation and tried to find a solution on the WEB as well, but I could not find the solution. Please help me!
I was using Mimo application on iPhone SE (new) and made a picture. My problem is that the picture what I see on the Mimo is not identical with the result. The result is mirrored. I have no such problem in video mode.

Please find attached a snapshot about Mimo screen on my iPhone and the result picture attached. I also attached the snapshots about the version of Pocket 2 firmware and the Mimo.

I tried to switch off the Pocket 2 and reload Mimo several times, but it didn't helped!

Gábor

Picture made by Pocket 2

Picture made by Pocket 2

Snapshot about Mimo

Snapshot about Mimo

Pocket 2 firmware version

Pocket 2 firmware version

Mimo version

Mimo version
2021-4-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

What happens if you tap the 'mirror' button in the Mimo app?? Looks like ><
2021-4-4
Use props
Gábor51
lvl.1
Hungary

Absolutely nothing! The application does not feel this button in camera mode. It works in video mode. In video mode the picture of the Mimo is the same as the picture taken!
2021-4-4
Use props
Gábor51
lvl.1
Hungary

To be sure of what I was saying, I launched a more thorough test. First, I ran a Reset command in the Setup menu. I also restarted my iPhone after a power off. I started Mimo and turned on the camera. After pairing, everything restarted. The "Mirror" button now works! This means that the Mimo screen is mirrored, but the photos are mirrored in all positions independently from the Mimo. I've looked at all the pictures I've taken so far. All photos are mirrored! After that, I tested how the camera behaves in video mode. The result is more than strange! The videos are in the correct mode (not mirrored) regardless of whether I set the mirroring in Mimo or not.
2021-4-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OK... when taking these photos, did you start the camera with the function button at the front, or with the button on the side which starts the camera in 'selfie' mode, in which (I think) photos are mirrored?
2021-4-4
Use props
Gábor51
lvl.1
Hungary

Many thanks for your tip! I switched on my camera during the tests by using the power button (selfie mode). Now I started the camera by using the function button and in both mode (photo and video) it makes the right picture and videos independently from the "mirror" button! It is strange, but I learned that it is mandatory to switch on the Pocket 2 by pressing the function button otherwise the photos will be mirrored!

Comments for the developers:

1. Why is it good if in selfie mode the photos are mirrored?
2. Why the result not showing the same picture what we can see on the Mimo screen?
3. In current working method the "Mirror" button has no meaning, so it should not be on the screen!
2021-4-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There's been another discussion of this here in the last week.  I'm glad you've at least found the explanation for the odd behaviour!
2021-4-5
Use props
Gaacutebor51
lvl.1
Hungary

Dear Captain,

Thank you once more to think together! Alone I could not get out from this trap. Now I know how can I take my photos on a right way! What do you think does DJI know about this problem?
From your nickname I got the idea to share with you some personal information because in the real life I am a captain too. More on that I am offering charter boats from more than 40 countries. If you have interest please check my WEB site: www.bg-yachting.com .

Best regards,
Gábor
2021-4-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"Captain" is just a title that the forum software gives people who make enough posts.   I haven't been on a boat of any kind for years!  But good luck with your seafaring and travel safe!  (Also, if in Suez Canal, keep in the middle...)
2021-4-6
Use props
papabri48
lvl.2
United States

Gabor, this is a pet peeve of mine as well, from the time I first used my P2.  When the gimbal swings around 180 degrees, a rational person would expect the picture to NOT be a mirror image.  Think about it - the firmware does a flip whether you want it or not, so WHY cant they make it optional?  I can only hope enough complain about it so that they include a fix in a future firmware update.  If I wanted a mirror image, Id use my cell phone.
2021-4-8
Use props
KeswickLimey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I too am being frustrated by the mirroring problem.  I have got a work round which is to start the camera looking forward and then use the joystick to turn it round 180º so I get myself and I am not mirrored.

I would like to think that there would be a firmware upgrade to be able to turn off the automatic mirroring when you go straight into selfie mode.  This is most annoying.
2021-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules