Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RS2 Active Track Unusable - DOES NOT WORK?
3399 4 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GarethA
New

South Africa

Hi All,

I'm having a terrible time trying to get Raveneye + Active Track to do just basic movements and tracking:

1) I've followed all setup guides and tutorials
2) The gimbal is attached to a tripod for stability
3) Using the app, I select a box around myself to test Active Track and take a small step to the side
4) IMMEDIATELY, the gimbal begins bouncing from side to side until it loses tracking
5) I repeat this and it does the same over and over again.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TzVhX77KkKpsalzCTUfNEe1CVN_DRA1L/view?usp=sharing

6) I then focus on a stationary object (without the app) and see what it does
7) If the object is not in the middle of the frame, it begins to bounce until tracking is lost
8) If attempts to change framing while tracking is enabled, it bounces until tracking is lost

Videos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TvtpEDpGjHVmv88EHhziRa7AhZa9CX2z/view?usp=sharing

Sensitivity Tested at 4; 8; 13; 18; 22

Questions:

a) Is this user error?
b) Is this a Raven Eye problem?c) Why is the latency so bad?

Thank you for your time and help.

2021-4-4
Use props
The Tailor
New

Germany

Hey Hey!  i was having a similar problem, sometimes the Activetrack would would quite well, and other times. it would drift to the side immediately.   No answers on any forums worked at all.  Then i realized!!   it was when i chose to show the Focus Frame Square on my camera ( a fuji XT4 ) that it Confused  the Active Tracking!.  Turned off the display of Focus frame on my camera, and now it works every time.  Phew.  Hope that works for you too.
2021-10-21
Use props
clognion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240135 ft
United States

I'm using a Canon C70 with a similar drift issue.  Tailor, was your focus frame appearing on your mobile device or just on your camera display?  
2022-4-6
Use props
Scarecrow
lvl.1
United States

I am using a Canon 5d MkIV and experiencing the same issue. It won't track anything at all. What's the secret sauce for us 5D mkiv users
2022-8-21
Use props
PANGAEAmedia
New
Germany

Hi,
I’m new to this forum, I have the same issue. Everything to use active track I’m unable to enable. I’m using a leica SL2-S.

Need assistance. Thank you.

I included some pictures.
2023-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules