FPV Battery Communication Error
10286 17 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CalNomad
lvl.1
United States

Have a battery communication error with all three batteries.  Video signals and other data transmission between aircraft, goggles, controller, and FLY app on iphone are working.  All firmware appears to be current.  FLY app through iphone says all firmware is up to date.

On the about page in the goggle view (tried to post pics but upload file size limits prohibit):

Aircraft firmware:  01.01.00.00
Remote controller firmware:  01.01.00.00
Goggles firmware:  01.01.00.00
Flight Controller SN:  [data]

Remote Controler SN:  [data]
Goggles SN:  [data]
Battery SN:  [blank, no data]
Battery cycle count:  0
Camera SN:  [data]
FlySafe database:  01.00.01.19

In goggle view, goggle battery shows 99%.

Battery icon has a "dklAAiAlVaCdqdxCUtIN2ggFLKBOxkxdFQMtqNQ7lBpoM9xTvU0yaUgrcyZMlDAG7VCsApAtIpsU0CI0m1YKKUZMWqsA8railFNIG0tjbTDQICSFVyAUqq0H/9k=[/img]

2021-4-4
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

"tried to post pics but upload file size limits prohibit"
If you open the photo with Microsoft Paint or other photo editing software, you can resize and/or crop the image.

Does the battery connector on the drone look good?  Besides the two main power connections there are three small pins. Two of these pins are a CAN bus connection used to transfer data between the drone and battery.
2021-4-4
Use props
HEXA
lvl.1

Serbia

Same sh*t here, flew few times, now it's communication error, unable to take off, initializing battery, etc. (just 0 instead of 99).Charging/discharging, camera, gps, etc. works, but this PoS just won't start Can't update it either

2021-4-8
Use props
SubVetUSA
lvl.1
United States

I have had the battery error several times and each time it was caused by the DJI FPV battery not being fully seated into the snap connectors on the main drone body and the electrical prong not being pushed firmly in. Hope this helps.
2021-4-8
Use props
HEXA
lvl.1

Singapore

It's not that simple, obviously there are wide spread issues with battery quality (electronics or cells, who knows), failed firmware updates, etc.
2021-4-8
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

I had this problem once! It was about 5F and snowing heavy, the drone sat for 5 minutes before takeoff, and the battery error showed. Removing and recycle power fixed it for me.
2021-4-8
Use props
HEXA
lvl.1

Singapore

Good for you, but in my case It's a faulty battery, either by design (HW) or bad SW/FW (update or mismatch or some other bugs)
2021-4-12
Use props
DanijelT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 357096 ft
Netherlands

Did you get this fixed? I have the same problem.
2021-6-19
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

Bump. I recently just got the same issue.
Did you get this fixed?
2021-7-14
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

HEXA Posted at 4-8 10:22
Same sh*t here, flew few times, now it's communication error, unable to take off, initializing battery, etc. (just 0 instead of 99).Charging/discharging, camera, gps, etc. works, but this PoS just won't start Can't update it either

Same problem with me all of a sudden.
I can't even update it. It keeps failing. It turns on but shows 0% battery. How is that even possible?
2021-7-14
Use props
CalNomad
lvl.1
United States

kewlbean Posted at 7-14 05:54
Same problem with me all of a sudden.
I can't even update it. It keeps failing. It turns on but shows 0% battery. How is that even possible?

So...  Mine works now.  Or at least it did 2 weeks ago, and I haven't tried it again since.  Here's what I did that MIGHT have helped / fixed the problem (I don't really know).

1.  I ignored it for 3 months.  Got no response from DJI tech, and most of the suggestions in response to my post did not help.  I was too frustrated with dealing with it, so I just let it sit.
2.  Right before a recent trip, decided to try again.  It had been 3 months, so I was hoping that some updates might help.  When i booted it, it did go through some updates.  This was probably around June 29 or 30, 2021.
3.  I took to heart one post:  make sure the batteries are well-seated.  I mean, I thought I did that, and it seemed like these are professionally designed drones, so I didn't think any extra effort to seat a battery would be necessary and/or make a difference.  The post noted that there are connections points for the drone battery not only at the rubber plug, but also at the sides.  So, I charged up everything to full strength, put the drone battery in (without connecting the rubber plug), and made sure to seat the battery as snugly in the body of the drone as possible.  Then, I connected the rubber plug of the battery to the drone body.  
4.  Then I re-watched the DJI first flight video to power on/connect each piece in the correct order.  I'd seen some data that suggested power-on order/sequence might matter.  I used:
A.  Connect drone battery to drone body (as described above)
B.  Power on drone
C.  Power on controller
D.  Power on goggles

And it worked.  The drone updated its firmware, and it flew around my apartment.  I took it on my trip, but that trip was to Aruba, where the winds often reach 25-30 mph, and I wasn't going to have my first FPV drone crash off the northeast coast of Aruba.  So, I haven't flown it yet outside of my apartment.  (BTW, the Mavic 2 Zoom was a pro in the Aruba winds.  Trusty little drone.)

Good luck to everyone.  
2021-7-18
Use props
CalNomad
lvl.1
United States

DanijelT Posted at 6-19 22:17
Did you get this fixed? I have the same problem.

So...  Mine works now.  Or at least it did 2 weeks ago, and I haven't tried it again since.  Here's what I did that MIGHT have helped / fixed the problem (I don't really know).

1.  I ignored it for 3 months.  Got no response from DJI tech, and most of the suggestions in response to my post did not help.  I was too frustrated with dealing with it, so I just let it sit.
2.  Right before a recent trip, decided to try again.  It had been 3 months, so I was hoping that some updates might help.  When i booted it, it did go through some updates.  This was probably around June 29 or 30, 2021.
3.  I took to heart one post:  make sure the batteries are well-seated.  I mean, I thought I did that, and it seemed like these are professionally designed drones, so I didn't think any extra effort to seat a battery would be necessary and/or make a difference.  The post noted that there are connections points for the drone battery not only at the rubber plug, but also at the sides.  So, I charged up everything to full strength, put the drone battery in (without connecting the rubber plug), and made sure to seat the battery as snugly in the body of the drone as possible.  Then, I connected the rubber plug of the battery to the drone body.  
4.  Then I re-watched the DJI first flight video to power on/connect each piece in the correct order.  I'd seen some data that suggested power-on order/sequence might matter.  I used:
A.  Connect drone battery to drone body (as described above)
B.  Power on drone
C.  Power on controller
D.  Power on goggles

And it worked.  The drone updated its firmware, and it flew around my apartment.  I took it on my trip, but that trip was to Aruba, where the winds often reach 25-30 mph, and I wasn't going to have my first FPV drone crash off the northeast coast of Aruba.  So, I haven't flown it yet outside of my apartment.  (BTW, the Mavic 2 Zoom was a pro in the Aruba winds.  Trusty little drone.)

Good luck to everyone.  
2021-7-18
Use props
CalNomad
lvl.1
United States

SubVetUSA Posted at 4-8 11:08
I have had the battery error several times and each time it was caused by the DJI FPV battery not being fully seated into the snap connectors on the main drone body and the electrical prong not being pushed firmly in. Hope this helps.

Weirdly enough, this might have fixed my problem.  My drone now works, and I did pay extra attention to seating the battery, and did not plug it in until it was fully seated.  

Thanks, sub dude.

CVN-65 vet.

2021-7-18
Use props
Tappits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119934 ft
United Kingdom

Necroing this topic because it seems I have the same problem or maybe not, and I cannot create a new topic anyway.

Just got a new fpv and having issues updating the goggles and the drone/battery, did the controller with the pc. Its fully charged on the stock charger, plugging the drone directly into pc’s and trying to update fails (presumably because battery is 0%) and trying to do it from the fly app give me an error about checking battery for 1min but never changes. I have unplugged and reset the connector numerus times, even gave it the NES cartridge blow, nothing. Put the battery on the charger and it does charge but then when you put it on the drone still shows that there’s something wrong.
Everything is connecting (controller/goggles) and tried doing it in all sorts of bootup orders, but nothing seems to work, because of the battery error I cannot get any further. In the goggles, the status it is going crazy with all sorts of errors and in the right corner of the goggles its showing the battery error.
https : / / youtu.be/r3jSVTFJf_Q

Is this thing bricked already? Not even put the blades on yet.
2022-8-2
Use props
Tappits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119934 ft
United Kingdom

Update on mine, My extra batteries arrived today and was hoping I just had a duff battery, but it seems it’s the actual drone that is the problem as I still have the same battery communication errors and am still unable to update the firmware ether with the fly app or DJI Assistant 2. It's very annoying. Emailed support and will have to see what they say, but it’s probably going to be weeks before I even get to take the thing off for the first time now.
2022-8-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

may as well add my battery issue to this thread.  all of my batteries, right out of the box, work fine except for one.  will not charge, does not power up the drone, press the button on the back of the battery and the two center LEDS blink twice and that's it.  obviously a defective battery but does anyone know how to "save" these?
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_BRCBWH6A3jbh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1962530 ft

United Kingdom

SubVetUSA Posted at 2021-4-8 11:08
I have had the battery error several times and each time it was caused by the DJI FPV battery not being fully seated into the snap connectors on the main drone body and the electrical prong not being pushed firmly in. Hope this helps.

I know the post is a little old now, but I did what you said it seems to have fixed my issue. So, thanks for that, I did, however, do an update in the middle of power-cycling so the battery probably had a moment.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_KnzDVJlY12hk
New

United States

CalNomad Posted at 2021-7-18 14:03

Did this work for battery saying not DJI battery
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules