Broke my arm!
1832 8 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

I ran into a cable tv wire and crashed.  It broke the front left arm.  How do I buy a replacement?
2021-4-4
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

What frame do you have? If it's a standard FPV racing drone with a carbon frame, you can search the internet fir a replacement arm.

If you have the DJI FPV drone, guess you gotta send it in to DJI and pay a fortune
2021-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Glofilter. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI FPV and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened and to the said DJI Drone . It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. We have a team that will do there best to fix and give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the said warranty of the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you.
2021-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully you have care refresh?
2021-4-5
Use props
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

Why would I send it in?  It's  plastic arm with six screws.  DJI doesn't sell replacement arms?
2021-4-5
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glofilter Posted at 4-5 04:43
Why would I send it in?  It's  plastic arm with six screws.  DJI doesn't sell replacement arms?

If you're talking the DJI FPV drone, then not at the moment, if ever. One or two a breaking drones so you may be able to get one from there. There are sellers on eBay selling arms etc from China.

DJI repairs are not usually that expensive.
2021-4-5
Use props
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

Yes, it is the DJI FPV drone.  That doesn't make any sense to me.  I see they are $13 from several DJI vendors.  I guess I'll just have to do that.  I can't imagine sending it in to DJI would cost $13.
2021-4-5
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glofilter Posted at 4-5 06:35
Yes, it is the DJI FPV drone.  That doesn't make any sense to me.  I see they are $13 from several DJI vendors.  I guess I'll just have to do that.  I can't imagine sending it in to DJI would cost $13.

Probably not as there's a labor cost to replace to consider. All arms require the motor wires de-soldering from the ESC board and then routing through the body. If it's a front arm that's damaged there is additional cables for the antenna and lighting which may be damaged. DJI will identify and replace these at the same time.

If you purchased refresh then chances are they will replace your drone as its a new product and they may not have refurbished units available yet.

All though I am not trumpeting DJI's repair process, I have used it only for warranty claims, it has been very good. My service centre is in the Netherlands. They always quote cost to repair even for warranty.

2021-4-5
Use props
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

I did not purchase the refresh.  I've been flying DJI drones for six years and this is my first crash, so I thought it would be a waste of money...  My error was that the forward looking anti-collision sensors needed to be calibrated- there was a red icon in the goggles saying as much- but I didn't bother doing it.  I let a family member look through the goggles while I flew around- and I misjudged the height of a crossing cable TV/phone wire and ran right into it.  I think if the sensors had been working properly, it might not have happened.  
2021-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules