DJI Ronin and the noise problem
2080 4 2015-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meine1
New

Germany

Hello,

i am from germany and yesterday i bought my new Ronin. I balanced it and i started and suddenly i hearded some strange noise. I asked my friend because he has also one Ronin and he says thats normal, my camera is too light and i have to turn down the stiffness to 6-8. I did it but the same noise. After that i checked the internet and i read in lot of forums that is a typical problem at new ronin and it gives no solution for the noise problem. Is it right, no solution for that, i have to accept it, that a 2000 Euro Gimbal makes some strange noise ?

thank you
2015-7-15
Use props
Joshua Pendleto
New

United States

My Ronin was on the stand. Balanced properly.  Settings adjusted properly.  Worked properly with the thumb controller and the remote control.  Everything worked fine.  I ran the auto tune stability and and it started clicking about 4 times and vibrating.  The first cable running from the pan motor to the rest of the motors got very hot.  I turned the ronin off and the next time I turned it on it was unresponsive.  Also after powering on, after about 20 seconds a bit of smoke starts to rise from the battery to ronin connection.  I need to use the ronin for a job in 2 weeks and don't have the 6 weeks for DJI repair.  
   Are there any companies in the US that can turn around a ronin repair in under 2 weeks?  Are there any resources for ronin repair as I am highly capable of repairing it myself.  Thanks.  I believe Autotune stability will probably be an issue for many ronin users.
2015-7-16
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

When the Ronin is function, there is a bit noise coming from Ronin, which is normal, Upgrade your Ronin to the latest firmware version, and if it is necessary, you can enable "Silent mode"
2015-7-21
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Joshua Pendleto Posted at 2015-7-16 21:18
My Ronin was on the stand. Balanced properly.  Settings adjusted properly.  Worked properly with t ...

Sorry for that, please contact DJI US support for repair issue
+1 (818) 235 0789 ,us.support@dji.com
Pls give them a call and ask for an urgent repair, thanks a lot!
2015-7-21
Use props
wwstudio
lvl.1

Canada

My RoninM was working fine but until a recent shoot a high pitch sound as the gimbal moved away from the center the noise goes away. The motor got very hot and a smell of motor, the noise goes away when the silent mode is active. My second RoninM does not have this issue as yet, can you tell me what is going on? Thanks.
2015-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules