Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
active track not working
3121 6 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
killua
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
I have RSC2 with RavenEye and focus motor setup on the Sony A73.  everything else works fine, video transmits to my phone and I can use force mobile, etc.  
However, when I draw a green box on my phone to track someone, the camera just does loops around the subject until the camera turns so far off and it stops tracking.

Also, the gimbal doesn't charge the RavenEye which I thought it supposed to.

the cables I'm using are
7. USB C to USB C, 200m, connect from RavenEye charging port to the gimbal wifi port
1. USB C to USB C, 300m, connect from focus motor to gimbal middle port
2. USB C to Sony multi, connect from Sony USB to gimbal RSS port
10. HDMI D to C, from RavenEye to Sony A73

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, and I couldn't find any video or post talking about the same issue.

thanks!

2021-4-4
Use props
airflow
lvl.2
Austria

"the camera just does loops around the subject" - well that sounds a lot like everything is working fine, except that you have set the follow-speed too fast. You can set the speed in which the gimbal is following the subject. It has to be changed according to different focal-length of the lens. If it is set too fast, it can lead to effects like you describe.
2021-4-4
Use props
killua
lvl.1
United States

airflow Posted at 4-4 11:41
"the camera just does loops around the subject" - well that sounds a lot like everything is working fine, except that you have set the follow-speed too fast. You can set the speed in which the gimbal is following the subject. It has to be changed according to different focal-length of the lens. If it is set too fast, it can lead to effects like you describe.

the follow speeds are all default, I haven't touched those settings, tracking speed is at 20.  and I'm using a 24mm.  I'll try to slow them down.
when I say loop, I mean the camera tries to draw a big circle around the center of the frame.
2021-4-4
Use props
The Tailor
New

Germany

Hey Hey!  i was having a similar problem, sometimes the Activetrack would would quite well, and other times. it would drift to the side immediately.   No answers on any forums worked at all.  Then i realized!!   it was when i chose to show the Focus Frame Square on my camera ( a fuji XT4 ) that it Confused  the Active Tracking!.  Turned off the display of Focus frame on my camera, and now it works every time.  Phew.  Hope that works for you too.
2021-10-21
Use props
Tronko
New
Flight distance : 741 ft
Spain

Hello. I have the same error, all the correct cables connected from canon eos r + raveneye to a gimbal rsc2, and I can't get activetrack to track, the second it stops tracking and goes into a pointless trance, after doing all kinds of Checks in the camera menu and without success I have verified that if I change activetrack from portrait mode to landscape mode if it works correctly, I have recently bought the gimbal and if I am not wrong I think that the first time I tried it it worked well, I have the doubt of If all the problems with activetrack in portrait mode come since the firmware has been updated to version 1.4, as I say at the moment it only tracks objects in landscape mode, I hope it helps.
2021-12-28
Use props
Tronko
New
Spain

Hello.
I have the same error, all the correct cables connected from canon eos r + raveneye and to a gimbal rsc2, and I can't get activetrack to track, from tracking and it goes into a mindless trance, I have checked that if I switch activetrack to portrait mode to landscape mode if it works correctly, I bought the gimbal recently, I think that the first time I tried it it worked fine, I have the doubt if all the problems of activetrack in portrait mode come since the firmware has been updated to version 1.4, As I say at the moment it only tracks objects in landscape mode, I hope it helps.
2021-12-28
Use props
Tronko
New
Spain

Hello.
I have the same error, all the correct cables connected from canon eos r + raveneye + focus motor +  rsc2, and I can't get activetrack to track, from tracking and it goes into a mindless trance, I have checked that if I switch activetrack to portrait mode to landscape mode if it works correctly, I bought the gimbal recently, I think that the first time I tried it it worked fine, I have the doubt if all the problems of activetrack in portrait mode come since the firmware has been updated to version 1.4, As I say at the moment it only tracks objects in landscape mode, I hope it helps.
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules