2900 11 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

Thanks to @dronie1965 for this info:

If you are having problems calibrating your Motion Controller, and getting errors or fails after spinning your controller 360 degrees in various directions that the photos ask, the FIRST photo in the instructions is INCORRECT.  Your Motion Controller should be spun and held as if you are "turning your car keys" keeping the controller horizontal.
The photo is confusing, and once this done, you should get a successful calibration.

Also for those who have 1500-1600 feet distance distance limitations, make sure you unlock this in the Security settings to unlimited, and it should be fixed.
For some reason I did not have to do this with my main stick controller.
2021-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Plasmo. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information here at DJI Forum. These information will help our DJI co pilots wo are having the same issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-4-4
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for posting a thread about this. Unfortunately it did not work for me. Trust me I’ve spun the controller in many different orientations, sweating myself out in the process, but it always came back as Failed after completing the 2nd step. Good it solved for you but many others including myself have not been able to complete it successfully.
2021-4-5
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

What do you mean by a Key? The diagram shows you flip forwards like a drone, twisting a key is the same motion but your hand is at a 90 degree angle to the key is the only difference not the motion itself
2021-4-5
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

Whoreable Posted at 4-5 11:35
What do you mean by a Key? The diagram shows you flip forwards like a drone, twisting a key is the same motion but your hand is at a 90 degree angle to the key is the only difference not the motion itself

Basically hold the controller and twist it clockwise like you are "turning a key" like this picture.
2021-4-5
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

Plasmo Posted at 4-5 18:49
Basically hold the controller and twist it clockwise like you are "turning a key" like this picture.
[view_image]

Picture worth a thousand words !!!
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_f6lHlADdYwDX
lvl.2

United States

I've done it all. I'm a network engineer. I have reset, calibrated drone, followed your steps, and even done 4 other ways, all failed. This stuff is junk.
2021-4-19
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Did not work for calibration fail
2021-4-19
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

Can someone who has successfully calibrated the Motion Controller make a video showing how to do it?  
2021-4-21
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is a known issue in the current firmware. I've never calibrated mine and it works fine.
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules