Video Settings Will Not Stay To What I set
708 3 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
united by water
lvl.4
United States

I'm not exactly sure what is going on with my camera but it's starting to get a mind of it's own with the video settings. I using it solely for fishing. It's always set to 1080/60 with a 5min loop. The camera is now starting to not remember what settings I have after I press "stop recording." For example, I catch a fish, hit stop recording. I then hit the record button and for no reason at all, it's now set to 1080/MAX. I have no idea why it kicked out of the loop mode. I turn the camera off, then turn it back on. Now the settings are 2.7K (don’t remember the frame rate). Then it literally takes a picture WITHOUT ME TOUCHING A BUTTON! I saw the entire thing happen. Most of today the camera worked as it should but it kicked out of the settings enough where I feel like I have to check the camera every time I hit record to make sure it's set to what it should be. I shouldn’t have to be doing that.

It's impossible for me to document the problems….no rhyme, reason or pattern to any of it. I'm on FW 01.09.00.10(7211) and will also note, that I have two OA camera's, the other camera does not function like this and they are both running the same FW.

2021-4-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, united by water. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please check if the phenomenon continues after doing a Factory Reset on the Osmo Action. Kindly note that it'll erase previous settings applied to the Osmo Action. Once done, test it again. Should the same result persists, we suggest updating your Osmo Action to v01.10.00.40 to see if that would resolve it.
2021-4-4
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

I have updated the FM on both cameras along with doing a factory reset. I have noticed two new bugs now. I have only been using one camera so far and have not gone back to using the second. All the experiences I'm having are on one camera.

First and I'm going off memory because I can't remember if I was switching from the back to front screen when this happened or if the camera went into the "flip screen" mode on it's own. Let's just say I was switching from the back screen to the front. When I pressed the button on the side to switch views, the camera got caught in a quick loop of  switching from front to back screens for about 10secs. The only way I could stop it was to turn it off.  Never had that problem before.

Second bug I found is I couldn't stop the camera from recording. You can clearly hear me pressing the record button (see link to video below), then I had to double check to make sure the camera was on by taking my hat off to see what was going on. Had to turn the camera off/on.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar_ay5AZbAsvg0ZBeCzHNoHcDJfr?e=BQtki3
2021-4-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Try  refreshing your firmware with an older one or the same one, but you need to add a debug txt file in with it.  if the Internal chip got corrupted it may be best o  get with DJI  for a replacement if the firmware refresh fails
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules