Update on Mode 4 Stick Mode for new FPV drone?
5194 26 2021-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MotB78
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello DJI FPV Support and community!

Can you please give a short status about the implementation of Mode4 for the DJI FPV drone?

I am Mode4 pilot and would be very thankfull to be able to fly my DJI FPV drone in Mode4 in manual mode.

So dissapointed, that I did not recognize that before I bought it....

Thanks and BR

MotB

2021-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mode 4 was never promised for this drone.
2021-4-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MotB78. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV.
2021-4-5
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

If you are willing to open up the transmitter, you could swap the controls by swapping wires. The gimbal wires are connect with plugs. If you pull these pins and swap them around, you could have a mode 4 transmitter.

In case you haven't seen it, I posted photos of the inside of the controller in this thread. There's a link to my Hackaday IO page with additional photos.

If you decide to go this route, I'd be happy to help identify which wires need to swapped.
2021-4-5
Use props
MotB78
lvl.1
Switzerland

Duane Degn Posted at 4-5 08:28
If you are willing to open up the transmitter, you could swap the controls by swapping wires. The gimbal wires are connect with plugs. If you pull these pins and swap them around, you could have a mode 4 transmitter.

In case you haven't seen it, I posted photos of the inside of the controller in this thread. There's a link to my Hackaday IO page with additional photos.

Hi Duane

that's what I did yesterday. I changed the wires for roll and yaw and have now Mode4 in the Mode2 settings. I did a testflight and the  controller still works. Also on Simulator (Liftoff) no problems.

I got a warning during flight, that there is an error on flightsticks, but I did not feel anything strange. Perhaps I have to recalibrate the controller in goggle settings?

Do you have seen this error / warning also?

Thanks

MotB
2021-4-6
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

MotB78 Posted at 4-6 01:44
Hi Duane

that's what I did yesterday. I changed the wires for roll and yaw and have now Mode4 in the Mode2 settings. I did a testflight and the  controller still works. Also on Simulator (Liftoff) no problems.

Recalibrate could help
2021-4-6
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-5 03:03
Hi, MotB78. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV.

It is incomprehensible why mode 4 does not exist. And it should be easy to make this possible.
2021-4-6
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Hi Duane

that's what I did yesterday. I changed the wires for roll and yaw and have now Mode4 in the Mode2 settings. I did a testflight and the  controller still works. Also on Simulator (Liftoff) no problems.

"I got a warning during flight, that there is an error on flightsticks"

The "F2" screw presses a button when screwed all the way in. The firmware thinks you screwed in the "F2" screw on the wrong axis. From what I've read, I think the warning can be safely ignored.

It's certainly possible to perform even more drastic surgery on the controller to disable the button but I don't recommend this. The circuit requiring modification is pretty hard to access.

The least evasive hack would be to find a way to depress the button on the original throttle axis without needing to modify the spring tension.
2021-4-6
Use props
MotB78
lvl.1
Switzerland

Avronaut Posted at 4-6 03:03
Recalibrate could help

Yes, I can confirm. I did some testflights today and did not get a warning again.
2021-4-6
Use props
fans1ff03407
New
Flight distance : 147277 ft
Germany

Hi Duane

Hallo...

Bin auch Mode 4 Flieger...Würde deinen Umbau gern machen. Könntest du mir ein Bild senden von innen? Werden die Stecker oder einzelne Kabel getauscht?

Gruss Ronny
2021-8-26
Use props
GadgetBen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446854 ft
United Kingdom

I also fly Mode 4. It is ridiculous that we could set Mode 4 in all DJI Drones going back to original Phantoms but not on this latest, otherwise excellent Drone. Come on DJI please fix this in a software update and stop forcing us to hack your hardware to do it! I cannot get rid of 10 years of muscle memory to relearn how to fly!
2021-10-28
Use props
GadgetBen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446854 ft
United Kingdom

I found a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOJG3w88FVk
2021-10-28
Use props
JustDrewit
lvl.1

United States

It's hard to fathom why this seemingly simple and straightforward addition is being denied... There's a significant chunk of the population that you're shafting here DJI.

Can we please get a nod to this?
2022-8-22
Use props
fans63ece0f3
lvl.1

Austria

Are there any news on that? This could easy be fixes with a software update.
2022-9-3
Use props
C.Calabrese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590013 ft
United States

I've started a petition for them to change this. I encourage everyone on this thread to sign and spread this. It's a simple software fix to allow this functionality, and ridiculous they're withholding this from their paying customers. A petition worked for Cine Mode (allegedly), let's force them to pay attention to a large subset of their customers.

https://chng.it/GZQR55tdvV
2022-9-21
Use props
Yves Mattle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74944 ft
United States

C.Calabrese Posted at 9-21 22:51
I've started a petition for them to change this. I encourage everyone on this thread to sign and spread this. It's a simple software fix to allow this functionality, and ridiculous they're withholding this from their paying customers. A petition worked for Cine Mode (allegedly), let's force them to pay attention to a large subset of their customers.

https://chng.it/GZQR55tdvV

Cool thing, I signed immediately
That can not be that there is no mode 4....
2022-9-23
Use props
Yves Mattle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74944 ft
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-5 03:03
Hi, MotB78. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV.

What about mode 4, will this come in the next update?
2022-9-25
Use props
djiuser_L2hQrwmcX2SU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341129 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dachte auch, das Mode 4 kein Problem ist. Ich fliege den Mavic2pro mit Smart Controller. Hier konnte ich benutzerdefiniert Mode 4 einrichten.
Jetzt die Avata und FPV Drohnenset gekauft und wollte mich da herantasten. Geflogen habe ich beides mit Motion Controller. Jetzt will ich mit der Fernbedienung anfangen und richtig fliegen lernen und dann sowas. Mode 4 geht nicht. Nicht aufgepasst beim Kauf. Ich bin echt sauer!  Hier in dem Tread tut sich ja schon fast 1 Jahr nichts mehr. DJI interessiert es wohl nicht.
Ich baue in Zukunft meine Drohnen selbst.

Jürgen
2022-10-28
Use props
_b_n_y_
New

Hong Kong

Any updates on this?
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_L2hQrwmcX2SU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341129 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 2021-4-5 02:41
Mode 4 was never promised for this drone.
So was muss nicht versprochen werden, die 4 Mods sind normaler Standart bei guten Herstellern.
Weisst den Kunden mit dicker Überschrift darauf hin und ich hätte die FpV und Avata nie gekauft.
Aber das kümmert euch nicht. Hauptsache verkauft und Kohle ist im Sack.
Noch nicht einmal nachträglich wird sich Mühe gemacht ein -dusseliges- Update dafür zu machen.
2023-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_L2hQrwmcX2SU Posted at 6-20 09:15
So was muss nicht versprochen werden, die 4 Mods sind normaler Standart bei guten Herstellern.
Weisst den Kunden mit dicker Überschrift darauf hin und ich hätte die FpV und Avata nie gekauft.
Aber das kümmert euch nicht. Hauptsache verkauft und Kohle ist im Sack.

This is the problem when people make assumptions.
2023-6-21
Use props
mateen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 490850 ft
United States

Is there seriously no fix for this still?
2023-6-21
Use props
R.Steudle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577221 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I hope that with the new Remote Control 3 the conversion to mode 4 is also possible.
4-11 22:49
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

R.Steudle Posted at 4-11 22:49
I hope that with the new Remote Control 3 the conversion to mode 4 is also possible.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted.
4-12 03:13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

R.Steudle Posted at 4-11 22:49

Thank you for patiently waiting. Unfortunately, this feature is not supported but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
4-18 00:08
Use props
Emilio Marin Manzano
New

Spain

Como conectar el simulador, con gafas y mando avata 2? No consigo enlazarlo.

4-20 14:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules