123Next >
17329 91 2021-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

OMG just checked and even a Micro 4/3 sensor isn't even an inch in diagonal it's only 21.6mm with an inch being 25.4mm.

To get to a full inch you get there by using an APS-C Digital Camera with a 26.7mm diagonal measurement.

A 35mm Full frame has a relative whopping 43.2mm diagonal which when compared to the Air 2S of 15.86mm is a massive difference (probably also a massive camera to lug around on a drone!)

But to be fair the Air 2S is twice the size of the Air 2 which runs in at 8mm which I think is the same as the Mini and Mini 2.  Actually have just done the math... the so called 1" sensor on the Air 2S is 4x the area of the Air 2, that's like comparing 1080 with 4K! Wow!

Sensor Size Link
2021-4-7
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DGCA3 Posted at 4-6 23:25
How did you miss those two new big sensors on the top? That's more than tips and text.

And they work as top sensors on tripod and normal and as sport mode front sensors and apas in sport mode and top apas also in the other modes
2021-4-7
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Niknik Posted at 4-6 14:12
LET'S RECAP

QUICK SHOTS

ATrack 4.0 should be just a upgrade to make work those upper sensors ... and about Master Photos,some improved version of the optimization algorithm ...

they will include Slow motions too ? i requested them for Mini 2 but it looks like they have made their last major features upgrade for MA2 and Mini2 the last months ... no one after that date

Why not lateral sensors ? simple reason .... MAVIC AIR 3
2021-4-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Niknik Posted at 4-6 12:57
The final question is Does it have C1? If not even if it was 200mp and had 2000 sensors it is USELESS.  You'll pay $1000 for one and a half year and after? You must go to the wild nature to fly and for the city you will get another one?

You sell it and buy the Air 3 XDD

Drones are still in that early development state when every year is a significant improvement, so you'll keep buying drones till the industry arrive to the diminishing return state.

Remeber DSLRs in 2006 where every year was a big improvement? That's where we are in the drone industry.

I'm still using My Canon 6D from 2012... and planning to get an R6... yep, same sensor size, same MP count but a little better dynamic range and quality image. DSLRs won't improve much further in the next 20 years, we are already at the top, but drones still have room for improvement.

I have around 80 hours in the Mini 2 and I'll shift to the Air 2S when it gets released. Mini 2 is awesome stuff, but the sensor is so little that you still get noise and diffraction in daylight conditions. And when the time comes that the Air2S can't fly anymore on A1, other much better drones will be on the market.

PS: And I'm not changing my DSLR because I need more quality, I want to change it because it's beaten up after all these years of work and I need a more reliable one (I'll still keep de 6D).

By the time we get to 2023 other drones will be on the market that heavily surpasses the Air2S, so you are going to change it anyways. Maybe in 10 years you'll buy a drone and will keep it for 8 years or more, but nowadays drones last about 1.5-3 years, just like mobile phones or the early 00's digital cameras.
2021-4-7
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please DJI I'm begging you to add Courselock and/or TaptoFly on this. I will upgrade day 1 if it has these features. Its just software features older drones have had.
2021-4-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Bussty Posted at 4-7 00:59
OMG just checked and even a Micro 4/3 sensor isn't even an inch in diagonal it's only 21.6mm with an inch being 25.4mm.

To get to a full inch you get there by using an APS-C Digital Camera with a 26.7mm diagonal measurement.

That's the thing, at least in photography there's a noticeable difference, specially if you are coming form the Mini 2 like me.

For the ones that already have an Air2/Pro2/Zoom2 i wouldn't bother with the Air 2S and I'd wait till Mavic 3 or Air 3 or whatever is called with the proper certificate.

PS: DJI owns Hasselblad, so they would't have any problem in designing any custom camera system they needed for their drones.
2021-4-7
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I haven't seen it said anywhere but I wonder if the S in Air2S isn't for "Sony" and it's using the 1" sensor from it's ZV1 lineup.
2021-4-7
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

amazing it should be very good!
2021-4-7
Use props
emly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183517 ft
Canada

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-7 07:25
That's the thing, at least in photography there's a noticeable difference, specially if you are coming form the Mini 2 like me.

For the ones that already have an Air2/Pro2/Zoom2 i wouldn't bother with the Air 2S and I'd wait till Mavic 3 or Air 3 or whatever is called with the proper certificate.

"DJI owns Hasselblad"

Hopefully not in the way Samsung owns AKG
2021-4-7
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

On 22nd of April will be availabe to buy in Greece so its almost here
2021-4-7
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

MySky Posted at 4-6 06:49
The only interesting new feature is the 1" sensor. But the question is, is it worth to buy the MA2S without C classification and sell the old MA2 only because of the bigger sensor ?
The next question will be, do they activate ADS-B only for the US and fool all others again ?
Will the upper OA sensors really help, especially the direction they are mounted, to fly below obsticals ?
Dji can add certification later so whats the problem? You dont need certification for drone produced before 2023, so you can use it in A1 and A3
2021-4-7
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Bussty Posted at 4-7 00:43
True...I wonder where the 1 inch even comes from? Maybe if you add up the distance around the edge it's 1 inch??

Hmmm I wonder if Micro 4/3's is coming to the Mavic Pro 3? Now that would be something for all us still photographers....

One inch is the sensor not the lens
2021-4-7
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

MARTINEZX Posted at 4-7 09:37
Dji can add certification later so whats the problem? You dont need certification for drone produced before 2023, so you can use it in A1 and A3

now in A2 its more than 500gr
2021-4-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully this thing really has 10-bit color.  I think they're going to dummy this camera down.
2021-4-7
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

MARTINEZX Posted at 4-7 09:37

Maybe in Poland but in all other EU countries only in A3.
2021-4-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Niknik Posted at 4-7 10:48
now in A2 its more than 500gr

Edit: ok, you were talking pre 2023, my fault.

Here are the rules for the transitional period:

And here the final rules:

2021-4-7
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-7 15:54
In A1 you can fly over people (but not crowds), you can do it either with a sub 250g drone (C0) without exam or with 250g-900g (C1) dron after passing an online exam.

In A2 you can fly from 900g to 4Kg (C3) droes close to people (5-30 meters) and you need to pass another exam.

NO this will be active after 1/1/2023 now the A1 is less than 500gr and A2 is from 500gr up to 2kg unless the Air 2S has C1 mark
2021-4-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Niknik Posted at 4-7 15:56
NO this will be active after 1/1/2023 now the A1 is less than 500gr and A2 is from 500gr up to 2kg unless the Air 2S has C1 mark

Yep, didn't realize was a different weight table for the transitional period, so confusing >_<

So yep, Air2S will be A2 till 2023 and then A3, if nothing changes.

I already passed A1/A3 exam... I can't fly a Mavic Air/Air2 in A1 till 2023 but in 2023 I will be able to fly a 900g certified Mavic in A1... what a nonsense ¬_¬U

I guess I'll have to do the A2 exam, I thought it was a face-to-face exam but now I see that in my country you can do it online, just like the A1/A3.
2021-4-7
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

As I said on the other thread, I am glad DJI got rid of that "quarter" Bayer sensor and threw in an old school one. I am quite cuious what they will do with HDR video though. I have never been too keen on "quad bayer"s, but multiple-exposure (or bracketed) video was one of their main advantages.
2021-4-7
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Niknik Posted at 4-6 14:12
LET'S RECAP

QUICK SHOTS

Still no TapFly/Cruse control or Waypoint mission?

Then I’ll just keep my MA2...
2021-4-7
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

MickeKling Posted at 4-7 21:46
Still no TapFly/Cruse control or Waypoint mission?

Then I’ll just keep my MA2...

We dont know all the details yet

By the way the price is ¥5900
2021-4-8
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

Niknik Posted at 4-8 04:48
We dont know all the details yet

By the way the price is ¥5900

Something wrong with the price !

5.900 Chinese yuan = 757,76 euro

Shoot in the Head for Mavic Air 2 users.
The resale price will be below the mini 2!

Thank you very much DJI !!!

2021-4-8
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

S.T. Posted at 4-8 05:43
Something wrong with the price !
5.900 Japanese Yen = 45,50 euro  

Yes the second one
2021-4-8
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Everything solved
2021-4-8
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

With these prices, they just Destroy  the M2Pro !!!
I guess DJI expects users to sell the M2Pro quickly and buy the Air 2S.
Thus, the presentation time of the new Mavic 3, will depend on the sales of the Air 2S
2021-4-8
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

According to the last news is coming next week

https://dronedj.com/2021/04/08/r ... ril-15-launch-date/
2021-4-8
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Bussty Posted at 4-7 00:43
True...I wonder where the 1 inch even comes from? Maybe if you add up the distance around the edge it's 1 inch??

Hmmm I wonder if Micro 4/3's is coming to the Mavic Pro 3? Now that would be something for all us still photographers....

@Bussty asked: True...I wonder where the 1 inch even comes from? Maybe if you add up the distance around the edge it's 1 inch??

Read the article linked in post 40.  It explains it.
2021-4-8
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16299 ft

Germany

wow 200€ more than the normal MA2 but hasn`t waypoints...
2021-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PilotJan Posted at 4-8 09:31
wow 200€ more than the normal MA2 but hasn`t waypoints...

I think thats about right, when you consider the big upgrade in the Camera also extra Obstacle Sensors. I just wonder will it come with joystick for combo. Combo for Air2 was €200 .
The new price for Mavic Air 2 is €849 I know release was 799 but that only lasted 1 month, so new craft will cost €150 more, so I think so long as Camera matches up “it just might be worth it”
2021-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It looks like Joystick Control may come with Combo .
2021-4-8
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're all getting hyped over a watermarked 27 on the video... The channel name is literally 27 Degrees in Dutch... Get a grip
2021-4-8
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

2021-4-9
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

K6CCC Posted at 4-8 08:13
@Bussty asked: True...I wonder where the 1 inch even comes from? Maybe if you add up the distance around the edge it's 1 inch??

Read the article linked in post 40.  It explains it.

Great info!
2021-4-9
Use props
Rob_G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 4-5 19:08
i will eventually buy the drone but never again on day one; will always wait awhile just as i am waiting with fpv.

not going to fall into that trap again.

I just bought a Mavic Air 2, but I have not opened it yet.  What interests me the most about the new one is the purported compatibility with the FPV Goggles 2.0.   The rest is just fluff that doesn't interest me as much because I'm not a professional videographer.  

My purchase has actually been a toss up between the Mini 2 and Air 2 and I went Air 2 because of better wind handling and quicker speed.  I was briefly tempted by the DJI FPV, but have seen far too many reported issues in the other forum.  

I don't know if it's not a good time to consider the MA2 right now or not.

Rob  
2021-4-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rob_G Posted at 4-9 13:20
I just bought a Mavic Air 2, but I have not opened it yet.  What interests me the most about the new one is the purported compatibility with the FPV Goggles 2.0.   The rest is just fluff that doesn't interest me as much because I'm not a professional videographer.  

My purchase has actually been a toss up between the Mini 2 and Air 2 and I went Air 2 because of better wind handling and quicker speed.  I was briefly tempted by the DJI FPV, but have seen far too many reported issues in the other forum.  

if you've already bought it and don't mind spending a few more $$$ if you have to, i wouldn't open it but wait to see what's coming in the next few days/weeks.  it only makes sense to weigh your options, we might be surprised!
2021-4-9
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

With the FOV of the stabilized camera drones being around 84º or so, based on my experience in videogames and RV, I don't know how comfrotable a FPV can be. DJI FPV drone has a 150º FOV wide angle lens... wich should be comfortable enough, but with 84º and the googles you'll be sick in no time.

For example, I tried to fly my Mini 2 with a 10" tablet thinking that I would have a better flight experience... but nope, the screen is so big that I'd need a FOV of at least 100º to fly comfortably, so after three flights or so I went back to my Motorola G8 with the DJi controller hood... and it's just perfect.

I haven't tried any FPV drones myself as I'm a photographer and mostly a long ranger... but I don't think it will be a good experience for a 80-90º FOV drone.
2021-4-9
Use props
Rob_G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 4-9 14:25
if you've already bought it and don't mind spending a few more $$$ if you have to, i wouldn't open it but wait to see what's coming in the next few days/weeks.  it only makes sense to weigh your options, we might be surprised!

It's ironic because I had bought a Mini 2 a week ago, but didn't open it.  I finally convinced myself to return it (unopened) and get a Mavic Air 2 instead.  That is what I did today and here I am waffling again

I sold my original Mini to get a Mini 2 and I should have maybe just stuck with the original game plan.  

There seems to be a gradual rebranding going on here where 'Mavic' is being dropped as first seen with the Mini 2 and now Air 2s.  Both models have seen a moderate price increase too.  

Rob
2021-4-9
Use props
Andy Dillon
New

United Kingdom

Looks lovely but given it has not got a C class ( DJI has had plenty of time to do this ) what is the point of it ?? every drone being made should be classed now
2021-4-11
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16299 ft

Germany

Andy Dillon Posted at 4-11 03:54
Looks lovely but given it has not got a C class ( DJI has had plenty of time to do this ) what is the point of it ?? every drone being made should be classed now

At the moment drone companies canˋt get C label... this isńt the fault of dji
2021-4-11
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Andy Dillon Posted at 4-11 03:54

Tell that to EASA, no drones can get certiied yet.
2021-4-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules