Sun hood for smartphone
1670 18 2021-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I wanted to warn users against buying sunshades for a smartphone on Chinese auction portals. They contain strong neodymium magnets for building the structure. The housing of the Cynowa company has four, and the Startrc company - 20 pcs. Yes, twenty neodymium magnets with dimensions of 1x2x0.1 cm. There is no point in deluding ourselves that it will not have a good effect on the controller's work. I took them all out in the cases and replaced them with Velcro. I am sharing this information for the safety of our flights.
2021-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these information here at DJI Forum. These information will be very helpful to make our flights safer. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2021-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this information.  
2021-4-6
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Never thought about that?  Good call.

I bought one but it has rubber bands that go over the phone or tablet, and folds flat for the bag!!

2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_61GRAvfhXLKg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4646 ft
United States

I'm looking for a hood.  Do any of you have a good one you would recommend?
2021-8-2
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I have the original DJI hood. Has velcro joints and fits perfect on Mini 2 and MA2 RC antenna . Usable for different phones and the top can be adjusted to different viewing angles.
2021-8-2
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

I have the DJI original, zero magnets, works flawlessly...though unfortunately can't help much in 40C..phone literally died in pain after 20 min...good old home point saved the day
2021-8-2
Use props
Padishah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4646 ft
United States

Thanks all - I'm waiting for my DJI original hood to arrive. Looking forward to it.... being in the Pacific Northwest, who knew that "sun" would be an issue
2021-8-4
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

The DJI one is the best, been using it for months now and it covers the screen perfectly. The alternative ones usually don't cover the top, so the don't work for the most part of the day.
2021-8-4
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, what exactly is the problem with regards to magnets in a sun hood please, other than being next to the drone during startup?
2021-8-4
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

They can interfere or misslead the compass in the phone.
2021-8-5
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 8-5 03:50
They can interfere or misslead the compass in the phone.

What  about wireless chargers, they have magnets, I use my phone in the car on a wireless charger using waze and never had any ill effect.

If it did mess with it, what would be the issue other than you could be looking at N instead of NNE, the AC knows where you are, so no issue there. I am missing something? probably am, it is 4am lol

I wanted to see what effect if any a magnet would have, Just made a screen recording of me putting a neo magnet near the phone, mm away, you can tell by the field meter that Its really a magnet

2021-8-5
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Singapore

You don't really have to worry because:
1. the magnetism is weak
2. your drone is generally far enough from that magnet
2021-8-5
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

When the smartphone is in rc with magnets sun hood, the drone will not misbehave. The magnets will only render the blue arrow stuck to the dot useless. Normally the arrow should point in the direction of the aircraft.
2021-8-5
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-5 21:04
When the smartphone is in rc with magnets sun hood, the drone will not misbehave. The magnets will only render the blue arrow stuck to the dot useless. Normally the arrow should point in the direction of the aircraft.

If it bothers it at all, my video shows that even a strong neo magnet didn't bother it
2021-8-5
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-5 22:14
If it bothers it at all, my video shows that even a strong neo magnet didn't bother it

I bought one of these from Amazon. Has some relatively weak magnets but folds flat and works very nicely.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QMK26L4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021-9-1
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

NickelPlate Posted at 9-1 06:43
I bought one of these from Amazon. Has some relatively weak magnets but folds flat and works very nicely.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QMK26L4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got the next one up (price wise) and it appears to have two magnets
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'll test it before flying too far but isn't it  the drone that is sensitive to external magnets?
I got this one to keep with my reason for purchasing the Mini 2, Quick: Stop, unpack, assemble, launch, recover, disassemble, pack, leave - repeat 10 or 15 times a day. With my Mavic 2 setup and tear down took too much time.   
2021-12-5
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

WaterMaster Posted at 2021-12-5 21:16
I got the next one up (price wise) and it appears to have two magnets
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09DMCCJNY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'll test it before flying too far but isn't it  the drone that is sensitive to external magnets?

The magnets don't affect the drone since they are part of the remote controller. Like I said they are pretty weak I have not had any ill effects during any of my flights.
2022-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules