Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles V2 and smart Controller
6349 12 2021-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Levidus
lvl.1
Italy

Hi Everyone,

i recently bought the new DJI drone, it is fantastic. But i have a question regarding the connection among the goggles v2 and the smart controller, is it possible to see the video from the goggles to the SC? it doesn't work for me through the DJI FPV app altough they are connected trough the usb C cable. I know that i works with the goggles v1 since i saw it on internet, but i m not sure if it should work too with the new version of the goggles

Thanks in advance
2021-4-5
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No the connection from the USB-C connector to the smart controller does not work when the V2 goggles are in FPV Drone mode. It does work when in DJI Digital FPV System mode.
2021-4-6
Use props
Levidus
lvl.1
Italy

Buzzyone Posted at 4-6 09:55
No the connection from the USB-C connector to the smart controller does not work when the V2 goggles are in FPV Drone mode. It does work when in DJI Digital FPV System mode.

Oh, thanks. Can i still fly the fpv drone while in the fpv  digital system mode tough? i didn t try
2021-4-6
Use props
Jean Page
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554928 ft
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 4-6 09:55

Is an update for the smart controller for supporting the fpv drone planned? Or maybe a new smart controller with occusync 3 support?
I own a dji fpv and would get a mavic soon. But I want to fly both with the smart controller and the goggles.
2021-4-6
Use props
DetourFPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099268 ft
United States

I'd like to know if the DJI FPV Controller v2 will get an update to support the Caddx Vista and DJI Air Unit.

I would also like to be able to get video onto a smartphone with the v1 FPV goggles.
2021-4-6
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Levidus Posted at 4-6 10:07
Oh, thanks. Can i still fly the fpv drone while in the fpv  digital system mode tough? i didn t try

No, when in Digital FPV System Mode, the goggles support the Air Unit and Caddex only.

The goggles contain two different OS and they effectively have dual boot firmware.
2021-4-6
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jean Page Posted at 4-6 11:09
Is an update for the smart controller for supporting the fpv drone planned? Or maybe a new smart controller with occusync 3 support?
I own a dji fpv and would get a mavic soon. But I want to fly both with the smart controller and the goggles.

Currently the FPV drone is in DJI subset of its own, using Ocusync 3, the Smart Controller maybe ready for an update, you won’t get any clues off DJI as they tend to keep things well under wraps till just a few weeks before launch.
2021-4-6
Use props
Levidus
lvl.1
Italy

Buzzyone Posted at 4-6 21:26
No, when in Digital FPV System Mode, the goggles support the Air Unit and Caddex only.

The goggles contain two different OS and they effectively have dual boot firmware.

I mean.... i can fly the dji fpv drone while having a video feedback on any of my smartphones that is connected to the v2 goggles trough the usb C cable, but i cannot do the same using the smart controller that DJI produced itself? That doesn t seem about right to me
2021-4-6
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Levidus Posted at 4-6 23:36
I mean.... i can fly the dji fpv drone while having a video feedback on any of my smartphones that is connected to the v2 goggles trough the usb C cable, but i cannot do the same using the smart controller that DJI produced itself? That doesn t seem about right to me

Correct, in FPV Drone mode the video is provided to the DJI Fly app on a mobile device connected to the goggles.

The DJI Smart controller cannot be used as a mobile device when connected to the goggles even if you install the latest DJI Fly app on the Smart Controller it doesn't work as a display device when the goggles are in FPV Drone mode..
2021-4-7
Use props
Levidus
lvl.1
Italy

Buzzyone Posted at 4-7 03:02
Correct, in FPV Drone mode the video is provided to the DJI Fly app on a mobile device connected to the goggles.

The DJI Smart controller cannot be used as a mobile device when connected to the goggles even if you install the latest DJI Fly app on the Smart Controller it doesn't work as a display device when the goggles are in FPV Drone mode..

Hopefully they can change it with an update. I would like to use the smart controller HDMI output while flying the fpv drone

Thanks for the informations anyway
2021-4-7
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the new update to the smart controller to support the DJI Air 2S you would hope that DJI would also support the DJI FPV Drone?  Or is this physically not possible?
2021-4-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have we gotten any updates? I own the DJI FPV drone and I, like you, want to import the live video footage to a Yolobox Pro. Are we really saying that this cannot be done? The only system to achieve this is the DJI Air Unit? It makes zero cents to me, they are basically manipulating the hardware to prevent a total runup of the equipment?
2022-10-16
Use props
Edward Santen
New

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2021-4-6 09:55

How do I put the goggles in to Digital FPV System mode?
2023-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules