Motion Controller - flying straight up Vertically
2524 3 2021-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

I watched the instructional video in how to have the DJI FPV to move straight up by moving the white circle up toward the top of the screen.
On the video, it shows a round circle with an up arrow.  Am I supposed to see this icon?  I do not, and was wondering if I was supposed to see it. (see attached photo)
When flying straight up (especially right after takeoff) it is difficult to see anything since the camera is pointing toward the sky... it would be nice if the Motion Controller v2 could have a dedicated up and down button or something so that the camera could look around.

up icon

up icon
2021-4-5
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sometimes shows up and sometimes not. It was still going up vertically even with the arrow missing. I think as long as you point the motion controller upward it should work.
2021-4-5
Use props
fans1fce5ca9
lvl.2

United States

ya dedicated up down button would have been essential.  This controller is terrible imo and does not work for me anyways because I am left handed and the tilt is only built for right handed people.  Such a bummer DJI did not give the option to buy avata with normal controller.   It's out of stock to which does not help my situation one bit.   Its just so apparent that DJI just had a bunch of these controllers laying around after FPV first gen and did not give an option to buy with the normal controller because they wanted to milk $200 out of everyone who buys the thing as well as get rid of the joystick controllers.  Just a sad situation and the last thing I want to do is spend another $200 for a controller that should have been shipped with the drone initially.
2022-8-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

ive never seen this button on the screen either but i don't use the mc too often; it's not very good.

if you buy avata, instead of sourcing rc2 alone, i almost want to say you should buy the dji fpv kit for $999 and sell the mc (and keep the drone if don't already have one). ;)
2022-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules