Flight distance : 17982 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Are you ready?!

2021-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Michele990. Good day and thank you for posting this video here at DJI Forum. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-4-5
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Damn another reason to open my wallet.
2021-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rumour has it there wont be a EU C classification on the drone so no Im not ready.
2021-4-5
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

I doubt they make upgrades for a new drone if they are not worldwide selling it
2021-4-6
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 4-5 23:24
Rumour has it there wont be a EU C classification on the drone so no Im not ready.

You won't get any drone labeled until 2023 because builder can't comply yet.

That doesn't mean they can't get retroactive label for their drones in the future if they are already built within C1 specifications.

It's like pretending a car to be Euro7 today.
2021-4-6
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-6 02:50

That doesn't mean they can't get retroactive label for their drones in the future if they are already built within C1 specifications.

The EASA rules are already in force and they are very restrictive for non labeled drones... so it is like all cars that has no Euro 7 certification were banned on public roads from 1st Jan 2021 (if You like comparison).
2021-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bel video!!! Speriamo che tutto questo sia vero, perchè i sensori anche sopra sarebbero una rivoluzione per il mavic air 2.
2021-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-6 02:50

There is no retrospective classification unless you return the drone to the manufacturer.   The CAA is already using the classifications so they should now be able to get the classification sorted.
2021-4-6
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

virtual Posted at 4-6 05:20
The EASA rules are already in force and they are very restrictive for non labeled drones... so it is like all cars that has no Euro 7 certification were banned on public roads from 1st Jan 2021 (if You like comparison).

The thing is neither DJI or any other drone manufacturer can certificate drones yet, no matter if the drone fits within regulation, EASA isn't currently giving certificates to any manufacturer.

So basically no certified drones till 2023.
2021-4-6
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 07:53
There is no retrospective classification unless you return the drone to the manufacturer.   The CAA is already using the classifications so they should now be able to get the classification sorted.

Rules aren't set to stone yet, we are still in the transitional period and the law is not definitive, for sure DJI and other manufacturers won't let thousands of drones that land perfectly within A1 rules be dropped to A3 just because EASA isn't giving certificates yet.
2021-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-6 07:58
Rules aren't set to stone yet, we are still in the transitional period and the law is not definitive, for sure DJI and other manufacturers won't let thousands of drones that land perfectly within A1 rules be dropped to A3 just because EU aren't giving certificates yet.

EASA did a big Q&A at Christmas and they were very clear there is no retrospective classification without returning the drone to be re-manufactured.
2021-4-6
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 07:59
EASA did a big Q&A at Christmas and they were very clear there is no retrospective classification without returning the drone to be re-manufactured.

It's like the remote id law, nothing is set to stone yet and manufacturers want their current (pre 2023) drones certified for A1, so maybe they come to an agreement or maybe not, the thing is you won't get any certified drone till 2023... except for the Mini series wich with the current rules will still be able to fly in A1 past 2023.
2021-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-6 08:01
It's like the remote id law, nothing is set to stone yet and manufacturers want their current (pre 2023) drones certified for A1, so maybe they come to an agreement or maybe not, the thing is you won't get any certified drone till 2023... except for the Mini series wich with the current rules will still be able to fly in A1 past 2023.

The CAA is already telling people to check the classification code on the drones which would be dumb if they cant get classification, also the point of the transition is to get drones with the classification otherwise the transition should start 2023.

I just bought the mini2 without classification to take advantage of the weight to mtom change loophole though.
2021-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-6 08:01

Probably worth you reading page 4 of this from EASA -

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites ... rones%209%20Dec.pdf
2021-4-6
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

I think there isn't any classified drone in the market yet as far as I know, and I don't think DJI would have released the FPV and the Air 2S if they could get certificated in the next few months...

But on the other hand drone life is relatively short, so by the time the certificate is mandatory maybe we have Air 3, FVP 2, Mini 3 and Mavic 3 on the market XDD

I have a Min 2 too but the question is... will it survive till 2023? XD
2021-4-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks really interesting!
2021-4-6
Use props
ranrick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8721903 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

NIce update!
2021-4-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-6 07:56
The thing is neither DJI or any other drone manufacturer can certificate drones yet, no matter if the drone fits within regulation, EASA isn't currently giving certificates to any manufacturer.

So basically no certified drones till 2023.

The thing is that today You can not use Your MA2 or M2P like You used to fly in 2020 (If You want to be responsible and lawful)... so the (EU) bureaucrats made a big mess again.
2021-4-7
Use props
YellowLeaf
New
Flight distance : 150184 ft
Norway

It looks quite interesting, and with a C1 classification I'd be joining the queue. Without, I'll stay with the two I have. That C1 classification has become a dealbreaker if to invest in new gear.
2021-4-15
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

I was THIS close to getting the MA2S today. I had my original MA2 on my desk ready to be boxed up and returned to the store. I have a great one year return policy. At the same store (Best Buy) I'd be buying the new one. But then I settled down and realized that I don't have to keep getting one new drone after another. I'm perfectly happy with the MA2. Yes, the MA2S is obviously better, but with the price difference and another Care Refresh fee on top of that, it's getting a bit pricier than I'd like.

2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_0ByrH2pEYN0Z
New

United States

Is the gimbal able to pan left or right?
2021-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules