RGB picture flying direction
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GabiSK
lvl.1

Slovakia

I bought P4 Multispectral. I made pictures, everything went fine. When I compile the whole parcel in DJI TERRA on RGB picture you can see the flying direction. The ground is flat, but the picture is "wavy" as if there were a difference in level. Did I something wrong? Is there any setting where can I fix that problem?
IMG_5738.jpeg
IMG_5739.jpeg
2021-4-5
Use props
iska
lvl.4
Serbia

what was overlap settings?
2021-4-6
Use props
GabiSK
lvl.1

Slovakia

iska Posted at 4-6 01:41
what was overlap settings?

I attached two pictures to see all settings
Front overlap ratio 75%
Side overlap ratio  60%

1.jpg
2.jpg
2021-4-6
Use props
Malvir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

GabiSK Posted at 4-6 11:20
I attached two pictures to see all settings
Front overlap ratio 75%
Side overlap ratio  60%

If you look carefully at the original images I guess that you will see the most likely reason for the resulting stripes. It seems that Sun was shining approximately from the South - therefore southern part of each picture probably shows shaded side of plants, while northern part of each picture shows lit side of plants. Shade difference could be more obvious in the resulting map when side overlap is low... Obviously, with low overlap there other possible artifacts when using simple stitching and simple cameras - which usualy wil not be so obious after normalizatation in vegetation indexes.
2021-4-17
Use props
GabiSK
lvl.1

Slovakia

Malvir Posted at 4-17 11:39
If you look carefully at the original images I guess that you will see the most likely reason for the resulting stripes. It seems that Sun was shining approximately from the South - therefore southern part of each picture probably shows shaded side of plants, while northern part of each picture shows lit side of plants. Shade difference could be more obvious in the resulting map when side overlap is low... Obviously, with low overlap there other possible artifacts when using simple stitching and simple cameras - which usualy wil not be so obious after normalizatation in vegetation indexes.

I think is not obvious. The vegetation on the picture is just around 5cm and I took the pictures around 12 to have the best result
2021-4-17
Use props
Hakai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21699 ft
Canada

Yes this a a common challenge. It looks wavy because of alternating direction of passes. There is not a lot you can do with it now without reflying it in an east-west direction. You could use an index like NDVI and that would probably smooth it out some.

Some tips here for future https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/ ... 797254.2018.1444945
2021-4-20
Use props
Malvir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

GabiSK Posted at 4-17 13:34
I think is not obvious. The vegetation on the picture is just around 5cm and I took the pictures around 12 to have the best result

It might be that I am not right and that there are other reasons too. Lets say that we have encountered such problem when imaging 10-15cm tall onion leaves  at 14:00 and using some non-DJI software... Have you tested the same images in other software as well? Are you able  to share some image samples?
2021-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules