Capturing Reality with a Drone at Park Tavern in ATL
961 6 2021-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

Hello hello hello!!!

Today...marks the beginning of a new type of video on this channel! I'll be documenting the process from beginning to end of capturing and then creating a 3D model using pictures. Enabled by the incredible software known as Reality Capture (which is now joining Epic games!) and the DJI Mavic Air 2...I was able to roughly generate a rendering of both Park Tavern (a local bar in Piedmont Park, Atl) and a gazeebo/bridge combo thats near the center of the park as well.   Please please please let me know of any comments/feedback/issues/etc with this video - i'm very much so looking forward to creating the second one with the learning lessons from this video.   Thank you for watching and like/share/subscribe! Thank you for Improving With Joe!

2021-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done.    The rendering generated was awesome.  Reality Capture is pretty powerful software.  
2021-4-6
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

Thank you! And heck yeah it is! Pretty incredible what I could do with my first attempt at it! Definitely looking forward to capturing the next one (not sure which yet...but it'll be some sort of recognizable landmark in Atlanta)
2021-4-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2021-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ImproveWithJoe Posted at 4-6 06:41
Thank you! And heck yeah it is! Pretty incredible what I could do with my first attempt at it! Definitely looking forward to capturing the next one (not sure which yet...but it'll be some sort of recognizable landmark in Atlanta)

You're welcome.  Looking forward to your next project.  
2021-4-7
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That is so cool.
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now