Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 PRO lack of video signal
4301 22 2021-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lucascionen
lvl.1
Italy

Hi guys,
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and I had no issues since the day 1. Everything worked just fine. A couple of weeks ago I switched to a new phone, and problems started.
The new phone is the latest Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. The video from the remote to the phone is very bad. It's connected for one second, then disconnected for 30. Again connected for one second, and disconnected again. During all the time the remote is perfectly connected to the bird, and I'm able to fly with no issues. Also, if I connect my Goggles I can see with no issues. So I can pilot using the remote and see using the Googles, but not using the phone.
Here what I already tried:
-change the cable
-use the cable in the box
-change the port and use the USB port from the remote to the mobile instead of the designed one
-update the safety positioning fly database
-upgrade to the latest firmware version
-downgrade to the previous 2 versions that you can find using directly the DJI GO 4 app
-connect using a different order (drone, remote, DJI GO; Remote, drone, DJI GO etc)
-uninstall and reinstall several tunes the app from the PlayStore and from the DJI Website directly)
And even if the remote works great, and I can use it with no issues as I said, I also tried to relink the remote to the drone successfully several times.

The only thing in my mind remaining, is that the app is not compatible anymore with the new Samsung. Is it possible?

Thanks for any advice or suggestion.
Luca
2021-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Luca. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

2021-4-6
Use props
fansbfd0d478
lvl.1
Italy

Hi Stephen,
first of all thanks a lot for your reply. Any idea and any answer are better than nothing. Unfortunately, this is exactly what I already wrote and what I was scared of. The app is not working properly with the new mobile.
And as you can imagine, is the only test I cannot do. I have one phone, and I don't have a second one to test. And even if I would be able to ask the phone to someone, test it, and discover that the drone works fine would be always the same problem for me. I need to find a fix with the mobile I actually have!  
As this phone is a flagship, I want to imagine that DJI will work to give it compatibility. Also because from your list I had the S10 (not in the list) that worked perfectly and the S20 (not in the list) that again worked perfectly.
I hope to be able to download soon an updated version of the app.
Luca
2021-4-6
Use props
fansa5f1a2d1
lvl.1

Argentina

same phone, same drone, same problem! hope they manage to solve this soon
2021-4-18
Use props
fansbfd0d478
lvl.1
Italy

fansa5f1a2d1 Posted at 4-18 13:10
same phone, same drone, same problem! hope they manage to solve this soon

I sent a mail to the support directly from the website. The answer is...use one of the phones in the list of compatible devices. It means, for them, you should use a Samsung S9+ if you want to use a Samsung. So a device released 4 years ago. Unbelievable!
I said that I already used my Mavi with the S9, the S10, and the S20.
I don't expect any fix soon. But I hope to be wrong of course.
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_rY1XOY3kZcZw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141483 ft
United Kingdom

This is shockingly bad customer service. I too have the Mavic 2 Pro and my unlisted Samsung Galaxy S10 plus (Samsung's flagship at the time) has worked flawlessly with the drone. It's now two years old and I am now looking at Samsung's latest flagship: the S21 Ultra.

I am looking at the Samsung S21 Ultra (UK spec) because it has an exceptionally bright screen (up to 1500 nits). Putting on my cynic's hat, I wonder if this incompatibility is a deliberate strategy by dji as this phone has a brighter screen than their own smart controller (and quite possibly crystal sky too!).

If that is their reason I wonder what they'll do if/when they release the Mavic 3. Unless they sort this soon for the Mavic 2, the Mavic 3 or any other DJI product, may not be my first choice for my next drone if this is how they treat their customers. This also goes for the problems with gimbals as well. People have had same problems with the OM 4 and that's a more recent product.

DJI, sort it, soon. No excuses!
2021-5-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_rY1XOY3kZcZw Posted at 5-1 14:46
This is shockingly bad customer service. I too have the Mavic 2 Pro and my unlisted Samsung Galaxy S10 plus (Samsung's flagship at the time) has worked flawlessly with the drone. It's now two years old and I am now looking at Samsung's latest flagship: the S21 Ultra.

I am looking at the Samsung S21 Ultra (UK spec) because it has an exceptionally bright screen (up to 1500 nits). Putting on my cynic's hat, I wonder if this incompatibility is a deliberate strategy by dji as this phone has a brighter screen than their own smart controller (and quite possibly crystal sky too!).

It is not DJI's problem that your S21 does not work. And it is not as if they were keeping its lack of compatibility a secret, it has been all over this form for months now. Samsung have a record of not sticking to the Android system, and this happens all the time with them.
2021-5-1
Use props
fansbfd0d478
lvl.1
Italy

Geebax Posted at 5-1 15:03
It is not DJI's problem that your S21 does not work. And it is not as if they were keeping its lack of compatibility a secret, it has been all over this form for months now. Samsung have a record of not sticking to the Android system, and this happens all the time with them.

What do you mean with "it has been over this form for months now"...
The only list they provided of compatible devices it's totally useless as it is 3 years old. And if they know about this problem, one reason more to fix it.
Or instead of workink this ..., if you know about this problem you have to be very specific. And instead of to say that the drone is compatible with a 3 years old phone, tell me that it is INCOMPATIBLE FOR SURE with the new phone. This behavior is unbelievable. I wanted to update my drone to the new Mavic 3 once released, but now I'm looking closer to the other brands. And if I'll not be able to use my drone this summer for this problem, I'll sell for sure.
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_rY1XOY3kZcZw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141483 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 5-1 15:03

Erm, I dont have the S21 Ultra, just considering it.

As for where the fault lies, where does it lie if not with DJI, Samsung themselves? It's not like the Mavic 2 is not a current drone.

DJI responses to such posts as those by the OP continually say that it will be passed on and to look out for updates on the link provided.

I checked that link and the newest Samsung listed is the S9+ ! My current phone, an S10+ was released over two years ago, works flawlessly btw (as I said before) yet they don't list it. That's really bad.

Put it another way: tomorrow my friend buys a Mavic 2 Pro but his phone doesn't work with the controller. He goes on the website and discovers all the compatible phones listed have been off sale for over two years and been replaced three times. Does DJI want us to buy second hand devices to connect with our brand new drones?! This is really, really bad and there is absolutely no excuse for it. None.
2021-5-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

All the above complaints are very valid. However...... for $100 or less you can buy a compatible used device that works perfectly. I have three now, all 3 years old or more.
2021-5-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_rY1XOY3kZcZw Posted at 5-1 17:03
Erm, I dont have the S21 Ultra, just considering it.

As for where the fault lies, where does it lie if not with DJI, Samsung themselves? It's not like the Mavic 2 is not a current drone.

Well, having watched all these entitled owners whining and complaining, for my first DJI drone, I bought a used iPad Air, and it worked faultlessly. I then upgraded to a Mavis 2 Pro, and bought the SC to go with it. Once again, I have not had the slightest issue. It seems to be that the noisiest users are those who did little research into the purchase. Serve you right.
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_QDZ5xQqw2hcL
lvl.1

Australia

Geebax Posted at 5-1 19:32
Well, having watched all these entitled owners whining and complaining, for my first DJI drone, I bought a used iPad Air, and it worked faultlessly. I then upgraded to a Mavis 2 Pro, and bought the SC to go with it. Once again, I have not had the slightest issue. It seems to be that the noisiest users are those who did little research into the purchase. Serve you right.

Ive been flying drones for years now ,i have a very well knowledge on IT and drones as well,i used to use galaxy s10 plus ,which wasnt a listed phone and never had issue ,i then upgraded my phone to s21 ultra, years after i had my mavik pro 2 ,and i actually flown with it many times ,up to couple of weeks ago when the video transmission connects for few moment ,disconnects for many second and same process ,i contacted DJI over phone ,she indeed said my phone is compatible and asked me to do IMU calibration,didn't work ,she then asked to send the drone back for repair, however i pulled my old phone out and guess what ,works perfectly fine .

So no it wont serve people well to upgrade to flagship phonees and dont live to years in history ,its lack of care from DJI that doesnt bother to make their app compatible with new phones .

The fact it was working fine but not now after update ,makes it very very annoying .

Its not noisy to have a legit issue that shouldnt be there mate
2021-5-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_QDZ5xQqw2hcL Posted at 5-25 02:55
Ive been flying drones for years now ,i have a very well knowledge on IT and drones as well,i used to use galaxy s10 plus ,which wasnt a listed phone and never had issue ,i then upgraded my phone to s21 ultra, years after i had my mavik pro 2 ,and i actually flown with it many times ,up to couple of weeks ago when the video transmission connects for few moment ,disconnects for many second and same process ,i contacted DJI over phone ,she indeed said my phone is compatible and asked me to do IMU calibration,didn't work ,she then asked to send the drone back for repair, however i pulled my old phone out and guess what ,works perfectly fine .

So no it wont serve people well to upgrade to flagship phonees and dont live to years in history ,its lack of care from DJI that doesnt bother to make their app compatible with new phones .

It is not DJI that are the culprit here, it is the phone maker, in this case Samsung. DJI can only write code for two platforms, Apple or Android. The Samsung phones have been giving problems for a long time, due to the fact that Samsung firmware does not strictly conform to the Android standard.
2021-5-25
Use props
Texican Badman
New
United States

I am having similar issues with Iphone after the update.
2021-5-25
Use props
fans216786e6
lvl.1
Italy

Geebax Posted at 5-25 14:29
It is not DJI that are the culprit here, it is the phone maker, in this case Samsung. DJI can only write code for two platforms, Apple or Android. The Samsung phones have been giving problems for a long time, due to the fact that Samsung firmware does not strictly conform to the Android standard.

That's not true. I had DJI drones since the Phantom 3 Advanced and Samsung phones since the first Galaxy S model. I never had any issues. This is the first time. And it is now months. It's incredible that DJI still hasn't released an update or a note after all these months.
2021-5-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans216786e6 Posted at 5-25 23:14
That's not true. I had DJI drones since the Phantom 3 Advanced and Samsung phones since the first Galaxy S model. I never had any issues. This is the first time. And it is now months. It's incredible that DJI still hasn't released an update or a note after all these months.

If it is not true, how come those people who are using Android phones are OK? There are only two choices to download the app, Android and Apple. Or have you managed to find a download specifically for the S21?
2021-5-26
Use props
fans216786e6
lvl.1
Italy

Geebax Posted at 5-26 14:13
If it is not true, how come those people who are using Android phones are OK? There are only two choices to download the app, Android and Apple. Or have you managed to find a download specifically for the S21?

Of course not. What I said is that the problem is not Samsung. The problem is DJI that has to work to make the phones work with their specific app. And I don't care a phone from 6 years ago is compatible. When I spend $2000 on a drone TODAY, I expect the DJI app is compatible with the phones released today. And if they have problems, that they fix in 6 months. The official list of compatible devices is ridiculous. The last time they updated is maybe 4 years ago.
2021-5-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans216786e6 Posted at 5-26 14:33
Of course not. What I said is that the problem is not Samsung. The problem is DJI that has to work to make the phones work with their specific app. And I don't care a phone from 6 years ago is compatible. When I spend $2000 on a drone TODAY, I expect the DJI app is compatible with the phones released today. And if they have problems, that they fix in 6 months. The official list of compatible devices is ridiculous. The last time they updated is maybe 4 years ago.

You can expect all you like. DJI publish a list of phones that they have tested and know will work. If you want to go out and buy a non-listed phone, then you are the problem.
2021-5-26
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's a wonder that they support Android phones at all considering the vast number of different models that use it. If I were running DJI I would probably limit use to iOS phones and maybe negotiate with Apple to offer a discount to users. I would not like it if the prices of their drones were increased in order to pay for the massive effort to make all Android devices compatible, if that is even possible. I use 3-year-old ASUS Android tablets that are not on the approved list, for about $80 each. I did the research and looked for other users using the same model. Even then I accepted the possibility that it would not work for me. Fortunately they work fine. Do the homework.
2021-5-26
Use props
fans216786e6
lvl.1
Italy

GaryDoug Posted at 5-26 18:38
It's a wonder that they support Android phones at all considering the vast number of different models that use it. If I were running DJI I would probably limit use to iOS phones and maybe negotiate with Apple to offer a discount to users. I would not like it if the prices of their drones were increased in order to pay for the massive effort to make all Android devices compatible, if that is even possible. I use 3-year-old ASUS Android tablets that are not on the approved list, for about $80 each. I did the research and looked for other users using the same model. Even then I accepted the possibility that it would not work for me. Fortunately they work fine. Do the homework.

I love people who talk just to talk, and express opinions based on their life and no other facts. First of all, Android and iOS have 98% of the global market together, where Android has 87%. Even an elementary school child would agree that if it is necessary to produce compatible products, it is aimed at the larger market. So according to logic if they really should, they should do the opposite. Another thing, the list of compatible devices is probably updated to 4 years ago. You did your homework, bravo. Too bad that if the list is up to 4 years ago, your homework is useless. You can only buy an old device from the past. Which others say work, not even DJI. Forgive me, but in the normal world it should be the other way around. A company's flagship product that costs $ 2000 should be compatible FIRST with the latest devices released on the market, AND ONLY AFTER with the older ones.
2021-5-27
Use props
fans216786e6
lvl.1
Italy

Geebax Posted at 5-26 17:12
You can expect all you like. DJI publish a list of phones that they have tested and know will work. If you want to go out and buy a non-listed phone, then you are the problem.

Here is another person who like others talks just to talk. If DJI releases an updated list that would be fine. The list of compatible devices released by DJI was last updated 4 years ago judging by the devices that are on the list.
2021-5-27
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans216786e6 Posted at 5-27 03:42
I love people who talk just to talk, and express opinions based on their life and no other facts. First of all, Android and iOS have 98% of the global market together, where Android has 87%. Even an elementary school child would agree that if it is necessary to produce compatible products, it is aimed at the larger market. So according to logic if they really should, they should do the opposite. Another thing, the list of compatible devices is probably updated to 4 years ago. You did your homework, bravo. Too bad that if the list is up to 4 years ago, your homework is useless. You can only buy an old device from the past. Which others say work, not even DJI. Forgive me, but in the normal world it should be the other way around. A company's flagship product that costs $ 2000 should be compatible FIRST with the latest devices released on the market, AND ONLY AFTER with the older ones.

"A company's flagship product that costs $ 2000 should be compatible FIRST with the latest devices released on the market, AND ONLY AFTER with the older ones."

So you are saying they should focus first on the smallest number of bleeding edge (newest devices with the most unfound bugs) users instead of the ones who own the most devices. Marketing genius...you are not.
2021-5-27
Use props
djiuser_Y07L4gq1uACr
lvl.1
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Has this been solved yet? I haven't used my Maci 3 Pro for quite a while, and last time I used it, it worked flawlessly with my Google Pixel3 phone.

Now I wanted to prepare it for vacation, and first thing I was surprised a out was that the App isn't available any more via the store on my Google Pixel6 which is already concerning to me, since the app DJI asks us to install could come with state sponsored spyware.

That being said, the drone and the remote required a mandatory update. After the update I am not seeing the live view. I can only see a still image every couple of seconds. This is clearly due to the firmware update. DJI claiming it's the phones is complete bull....

THIS MEANS DJI is IMO artificially imposing digital obsolescence through their software update. I will still try to reset both the drone and the controller but I don't think this will solve the issue, since I strongly believe DJI messed this up.
2022-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules