552 7 2021-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yanto26619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226198 ft
Indonesia

Dear Dji

That morning, the weather was rather cloudy and drizzly, but again the sun was shining brightly. On 03-04-2021, my friends and I went on an adventurous tour which we hoped would be a pleasant one. Yes, we will travel to the islands known as the Mandeh area, close to the city we live in the city of Padang.

We excitedly climbed the hilltop called the Labuan Sunday Mandeh Resort, and after a little at the top of the hill, I flew the drone, the homepoint was up, the wind was a little strong, but I believed the DJI drone was under control, when it was dronie mode, suddenly a storm came so fast , the wind became very strong, the clouds became dark and it was raining, and I very hastily intended to lower the drone, but could not and instead moved away, and then I switched it to SPORT and RTH mode, but it didn't work, the drone was not strong against storm winds, and getting away, from the monitoring of the cellphone screen, the drone is still connected to the remote, and you can see how the drone is moving away, cannot be controlled, the battery goes from 80% to 30% so very fast, and finally the battery runs out and you can see the drone landing on the edge sea ​​on the edge of the island away from the hompoint (about 2km, 2263m)

The next day I asked people for help, to track my drone, but I didn't find it, and I also didn't expect much because from the last video, the drone landed in the sea before it could land on an island.

What I am confused about is, the MA2 combo drone accessories that are left behind, remote, battery and other accessories, become useless, what can Dji offer as the best solution for me?

I really lost my favorite drone

Thank you

2021-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yanto26619. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2 and thank you for reaching out.  Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check what happened to the said DJI drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. If it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again I am sorry your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2021-4-6
Use props
yanto26619
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-6 02:17
Hello there yanto26619. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2 and thank you for reaching out.  Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check what happened to the said DJI drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. If it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again I am sorry your loss and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the response, I will contact the DJI support team
2021-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

yanto26619 Posted at 4-6 02:22
Thank you for the response, I will contact the DJI support team

Hi there yanto26619. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2021-4-6
Use props
yanto26619
lvl.2
Indonesia

Thank you for the quick response from the support team, I have sent the requested flight record data, video cache and SN my drone on 7th April 2021,  how long will I get the results from the DJI support team on my case and the compensation I can receive?

Thanks
2021-4-8
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I’m not sure that DJI is going to replace your drone or otherwise compensate you if you decide to fly in stormy conditions and the drone is unable to make it home.
2021-4-9
Use props
yanto26619
lvl.2
Indonesia

Thank you DJI, I have accepted the solution, by offering a discount to buy a new drone without a controller and charger, thank you again
2021-4-18
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

It should be noted by all that read this that this was not a ”flyaway” as suggested in the title, it was the OP trying to fly in poor weather conditions.
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules