Camera blur when yawing the drone
942 14 2021-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptRick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223930 ft
United States

When I yaw my Mavic Air 2 the video is extremely blurred. As soon as I stop, the video is crystal clear.  Is this normal for the MA2?  It does it at every resolution.  I shot a sample, and it's on my computer as an MP4, but this thread won't let me attach it.  Any suggestions?  Thank you for any help.
2021-4-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You cannot post video files directly to this forum. Upload the file to YouTube or some other hosting site, then put a link to that file in a posting here.
2021-4-6
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you using an ND filter?
2021-4-6
Use props
CaptRick
lvl.1
United States

Yes.  I use a variable ND filter from 6 to 9.  It was set on 6.  I uploaded the sample video to You Tube:  
2021-4-6
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CaptRick Posted at 4-6 16:06
Yes.  I use a variable ND filter from 6 to 9.  It was set on 6.  I uploaded the sample video to You Tube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4s06sN1LNA

ND filters add motion blur to video footage. That's literally what they are used for. If you don't want the blur don't use an ND filter. It's designed to give a natural blur while flying but if you are yawing sharp turns you will get the blur you are experiencing also...
2021-4-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

CaptRick Posted at 4-6 16:06
Yes.  I use a variable ND filter from 6 to 9.  It was set on 6.  I uploaded the sample video to You Tube:  

That clip looks like it came from the cached video on your phone, as it has a maximum of 480p resolution. Try looking at the video on the SD card in your aircraft, it should be much higher quality.

If you dont' want to end up with that amount of blur, then learn to pan the aircraft slowly. You are doing it far too fast.
2021-4-6
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

All the above^^^^^^.
When you add a filter the shutter speed decreases because the lens cannot be changed in aperture to auto adjust the exposure. If you want to continue using the filter without as much blur, change to manual exposure and sacrifice some light.
2021-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CaptRick. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the video stored on the SD card if it has the same issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-4-6
Use props
CaptRick
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 4-6 17:54
All the above^^^^^^.
When you add a filter the shutter speed decreases because the lens cannot be changed in aperture to auto adjust the exposure. If you want to continue using the filter without as much blur, change to manual exposure and sacrifice some light.

Thank you.  I'll try that tomorrow.
2021-4-8
Use props
CaptRick
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-6 17:05
That clip looks like it came from the cached video on your phone, as it has a maximum of 480p resolution. Try looking at the video on the SD card in your aircraft, it should be much higher quality.

If you dont' want to end up with that amount of blur, then learn to pan the aircraft slowly. You are doing it far too fast.

Thank you.  I'll try that tomorrow
2021-4-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Yeah, panning is the hardest content to compress as typically every pixel is changing, so even going very slowly is challenging to the system. Only solution is moderated pan speed and higher frame rates.
2021-4-9
Use props
CaptRick
lvl.1
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 4-9 07:58
Yeah, panning is the hardest content to compress as typically every pixel is changing, so even going very slowly is challenging to the system. Only solution is moderated pan speed and higher frame rates.

what frame rate works best for you?
2021-4-9
Use props
CaptRick
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-6 20:03
Hello there CaptRick. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the video stored on the SD card if it has the same issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

It is the same.  Should I take off the ND filter and go to the max frame rate?
2021-4-9
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

CAMERA SETTINGS :
1. Check the resolution (4K or 1080p)
2. Set the frame rates : (30fps, 25fps, 24fps)
3. DON'T USE ND FILTERS IN AUTO MODE. Switch to manual, 100 ISO and follow The 180-degree rule.

Time to study
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... speed-affects-video
https://www.techsmith.com/blog/frame-rate-beginners-guide/
2021-4-9
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

CaptRick Posted at 4-9 08:50
It is the same.  Should I take off the ND filter and go to the max frame rate?

Post was nothing like what I typed in, deleted.
2021-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules