Does your phantom?
716 5 2015-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hmongraphy
lvl.1

United States

Does your phantom make a slight buzzing/screeching noise when in an extreme angle such as upside down or completely tilted left and right? (Want to point out that the phantom would never fly in these angles) Just wondering, it is not affecting my flight videos or anything. Making sure it is normal before it fails on me in the field. Thank you.
2015-7-15
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

If I turn my Phantom upside it screeches like crazy!  But only if I sneak up on him and do it. Plus now he's kind of use to it so he doesn't do it as much.
2015-7-15
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

yes... itss normal
2015-7-15
Use props
Hmongraphy
lvl.1

United States

Solved! Thanks guys, I'm taking it is normal. The videos coming out of my drone is completely butter smooth by the way!!!
2015-7-15
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

What you are likely hearing is the gimbal motors reaching there maximum travel. You can verify this by powering the phantom on then after its done booting pick it up, and tilt it heavily right or left. If you look at the gimbal it has  hard stops for limits, and when the motor hits these you get a higher pitched sound. I wouldn't do it to often why put components under stress they should never experience under normal operation.
2015-7-15
Use props
Hmongraphy
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the explanation Rift! Yup I don't do it often, I did it when I first turned it on out of the box to test everything (gimbal in this case). I think it should be done at least once though! Just safe to know that it is normal but that buzzing/screeching noise does sound quite un-normal.
2015-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules